mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern Sequence Help"

Posted on: January 12, 2014 @ 06:56 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

I’m construction an original song I wrote today and I need some help please.

I’m Direct Recording all my Sections from the various ARPs in the same Performance, and I’m doing so in the Pattern Mode.

Section A is one measure Drum Fill from ARP 6 that has no Voices but Drums.

Please note from this point on, all ARPs have the same four Voices (Drums, Bass Guitar, Rhythm Guitar and Lead Guitar.

Section B is ten measures of ARP 3.

Section C is 16 measures of ARP 1.

Section D is six measures of ARP 3.

I know (at least I think I know) how to record Section A for one measure correctly, even though I wish once Section A (or any Section for that matter) is recorded, I could keep the Section from looping continuously when I press Play to hear the Section.

Once Section A is completed, the MOXF switches to the Pattern Mode.

But when I would like to record Section B next, I can’t figure out how to go back to the Performance Mode to now call up ARP 3 to record that Section.

When I press the Performance Button I get a prompt that says I will lose all previously recorded data, so either press Yes or Exit to proceed.

So how do I record every Section I want?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2014 @ 07:01 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Direct Recording from PERFORMANCE Mode is set up to conveniently let you record ideas quickly.

Once you are beyond that point and have more complex needs, it is probably time to get right into one of the sequencer Modes (SONG or PATTERN) and start building your recording from there!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2014 @ 08:37 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Can I record the four Voices (from the Performance) simultaneously in the Pattern Mode for each Section?

[ Ignore ]