mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I have some questions about the song mode"

Posted on: January 12, 2014 @ 09:04 AM
Jas65
Total Posts:  65
Joined  12-28-2013

1 When recording the performance “magnificent mile” in song mode i noticed that when i choose
a different voice on track 5 in this case a piano the voice sounds distorted, no matter which voice i select, and this goes for all the remaining tracks, is this caused by some master effect that comes with the magnificent mile?...tried to record an different performance and then it was all ok?

2. When playing a recorded song in song mode can i change the arps on the fly using the sf buttons, what i mean toogle between the preassigned arps that are assigned to the buttons and the performance , i tried this but couldn’t here any difference but maybe theres some other way?

Thanks
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2014 @ 02:55 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

1 When recording the performance “magnificent mile” in song mode i noticed that when i choose
a different voice on track 5 in this case a piano the voice sounds distorted, no matter which voice i select, and this goes for all the remaining tracks, is this caused by some master effect that comes with the magnificent mile?...tried to record an different performance and then it was all ok?

You cannot record a Performance while in Song mode. Perhaps what you mean is you are in Performance mode using the a Direct Performance Record feature targeting a blank Song. Is that what you mean.

You can tell what mode you are in at the time because the upper left corner of the screen while say, and Mode light will be lit. “Magnificent Mile” is a Performance - you can only record this Performance from Performance mode.

Once you record the Performance to a SONG, then and only then can you select TRACK 5… You are now in SONG mode. What effects you put on is really up to you. In many of the Performances the MASTER EFFECT is active. You can choose not to use it. As a Master Effect it is applied to all Parts ... The entire mix runs through the Master Effect. You can turn it off, reprogram it or continue to use it.

Hold [SHIFT] + [MASTER EFFECT] to take the shortcut to that edit screen. In the case of this particular Performance a Multi-effect is applied. If you don’t want to use it, change it.

2. When playing a recorded song in song mode can i change the arps on the fly using the sf buttons, what i mean toogle between the preassigned arps that are assigned to the buttons and the performance , i tried this but couldn’t here any difference but maybe theres some other way?

Again, the question does not make sense, as you cannot record a Performance while in Song mode.

You can assign and change Arps while in Song mode and record but in Song mode you can record but one track at a time. The current Arp can be stored to a SCENE… The Scene recalls can also recall any arps you include in the ‘snapshot’. Recall the Arp, document it to the SF button; here’s how
Press [ARP EDIT]
Select ARP1 to recall it.
Press [SONG]
Hold [STORE] + [SF1]
The screen will read briefly: Scene & Arpeggio stored

Press [ARP EDIT]
Select ARP2
Press [SONG]
Hold [STORE] + [SF2]

Rinse and repeat…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2014 @ 03:20 PM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013

Ok...Question 2 is now ten four

Question 2 I’m gone be moore specific

I have recorded a tune using direct performance recording, in this case with the performance “magnificent mile” this is done on tracks 1-4

now..when I’m assigning a for instance a piano to track 5 or other remaining tracks its sounds distorted and not how its suppose to sound, no matter which voice i choose it sounds strange, my questions is if this has something to do with the “magnificent mile”, it feels like some effect in that performance is affecting remaining tracks and the sounds that are put on them.

Thanks
Jack

Edit: when you say that the master effect goes thru all parts do you then mean 1-16 or just the ones that belongs to the recorded tracks 1-4 (Magnificent mile)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2014 @ 02:39 AM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013

hanks Phil, it was the master effect that did it.

When i was experimenting with direct performance recording i discovered one thing that maybe someone can explain, not that it matters so much since this is not the standard way to work but I’m just curios..

When direct recorded to tracks 1-4 i went back to performance mode and selected a another performance, i did a new direct recording operation but pointed it to track 5-9 in the song that i previous recorded with a another performance, it works to put the new one to the seq with the direct record operation but when trying to record the seq starts the recording but it doesn’t get recorded, to play the sounds on track 5-9 along with the recorded song works fine just that it don’t get recorded?.

Cheers
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2014 @ 04:12 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

When direct recorded to tracks 1-4 i went back to performance mode and selected a another performance, i did a new direct recording operation but pointed it to track 5-9 in the song that i previous recorded with a another performance, it works to put the new one to the seq with the direct record operation but when trying to record the seq starts the recording but it doesn’t get recorded, to play the sounds on track 5-9 along with the recorded song works fine just that it don’t get recorded?.

I don’t understand your question.

Either it record fine or it doesn’t ... Which are you saying. “...the recorded songs works fine just that it don’t get recorded… “

What?!? How is that fine?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 13, 2014 @ 04:34 AM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013

I mean that when recorded a performance to track 1-4, then recording a new performance to track 5-9 its does get recorded, if you then trying to record again within the song with separate voices of the second performance,
the seq doesn’t record, well it starts the recording but nothing gets recorded on the tracks (track 5-9).

I tried the because the workflow was as written

1. direct recorded performance nr 1 to track 1-4

2. went back to performance mode and founded another performance where i like some voices, in fact two of them,

3. instead of copying the separate voices to track 5 and 6 i direct recorded second performance to track 5-9 one measure just to get in the performance with the voices in the song.

then tried to record track 5 with one of the voices, seq starts to record and everything seems normal but nothing gets stuck on the track?

workaround is copy voices to seq or manually thru category search finding them and place amongst the tracks.

Im curious why the other described way doesn’t work since the voices are in the track ,they are playable with seq stopped or running but not recordables?

Cheers
Jack

[ Ignore ]