mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Initialize All User Voices"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 04:52 PM
Apex
Total Posts:  683
Joined  10-21-2005

Initialize All User Voices

I’ve seen this question asked before, but I’ve never seen any legit answers… only reasons why you don’t really want to do it.

Can someone please give directions (or point to directions) as to how to successfully do this?  I have a very good reason. 

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 05:11 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

You cannot initialize all the user voices at once. Best you can do is
initialiaze one voice, save it, then copy it to every other user voice location, and save that as an ALL file. You could conceivably do this with
one of the editor/librarians (Yamaha’s or the John Melas tools).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 05:21 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

I saw the suggestions about the editors and using the editor

BradWeber - 13 October 2009 11:30 AM

you could use the Motif XS editor - initialize all of the voices in the voice editor and then bulk transfer these to the XS.

Regards,

Brad Weber

but I don’t really know how to use the editor to make this work.  I’m looking at the demo version of the Melas right now.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 05:26 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Apex - 10 January 2014 04:52 PM

Initialize All User Voices

I’ve seen this question asked before, but I’ve never seen any legit answers… only reasons why you don’t really want to do it.

Can someone please give directions (or point to directions) as to how to successfully do this?  I have a very good reason. 

Thanks.

My file goes further than initializing just Voices, so I’m not sure it’s what you’re looking for.

Have a look:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/461620/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 05:31 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

yes this is what I was looking for… (at least I believe it is).  I’m backing up my data.  I’m only going to load the user banks 3 and 4 though… I want to keep everything else.  (at this point....)

I’ll probably do something similar to the xf performances as well....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 05:42 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

just trying to remember how to load this file into the xf…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 05:44 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Apex - 10 January 2014 05:31 PM

yes this is what I was looking for… (at least I believe it is).  I’m backing up my data.  I’m only going to load the user banks 3 and 4 though… I want to keep everything else.  (at this point....)

I’ll probably do something similar to the xf performances as well....

Once the User bank locations are all initialized, you can load back anything you want from your “All” file. That could be a single Voice, a Voice Bank, a Song, etc.

EDIT: Another approach would be to use my file to initialize every User Bank, and then save an “All” file of that. You could reload your original “All” file, then selectively load Banks of initialized Voices or Performances from the initialized “All” file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 05:47 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Apex - 10 January 2014 05:42 PM

just trying to remember how to load this file into the xf…

If you’re asking about my Init User Banks.X0A, just load it as Type “all” - after you save an “all” file of your own data, of course.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 05:58 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

I thought I’d done something wrong… and had forgotten how to load the xs files correctly.  but in fact, I had just forgotten to copy the file over to my USB drive (so that’s why it wasn’t showing up when I tried to load it)

I only loaded the USER3/4 banks (initialized) and now all is well.  (there was a similar file on motifator too… but I couldn’t figure out exactly how to sync only one bank of voices from the computer to the xf.

I think I’m good now.  thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 06:04 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

yes this was exactly what I needed… now all those duplicate voices are gone so it’s not so confusing where to save what.  also the initialized voices will encourage me to fill them… but at least 1 of the banks will be exclusively used for my own personal voices.

I am going to sort through ALL the factory performances as well… if it’s something that I know I’d never use.  It will get initialized.  I’ll probably just end up clearing one bank of performances for my own stuff… just trying to set some new goals for the new year… and programming so new stuff is high on the list.  I guess we will have to wait and see how it goes.

thanks again DIN

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 06:11 PM
Apex
Joined  10-21-2005

before I let you go for the night… I thought there was a way to edit performances through the sm2 software… was I mistaken?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 07:28 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Apex - 10 January 2014 06:11 PM

before I let you go for the night… I thought there was a way to edit performances through the sm2 software… was I mistaken?

Sorry, but since I don’t use Studio Manager, I don’t know what the capabilities are of any editors it might host.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2014 @ 03:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, you were mistaken. The Yamaha Motif XF Standalone/VST Editor (which no longer requires Studio Manager, by the way) edits the Motif XF in VOICE mode, SONG mode or PATTERN mode.

Performances are done on the instrument itself.

As an alternative you can purchase the Motif XF TOOLS from John Melas - he has a PERFORMANCE EDITOR in the suite.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2014 @ 06:20 AM
Tonymarygoss
Total Posts:  28
Joined  09-14-2013

I’m intrigued by this idea but don’t understand really what you mean by initialize. It sounds like the point is organizing user banks, being able to move things around into specific locations?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2014 @ 07:51 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Tonymarygoss - 11 January 2014 06:20 AM

I’m intrigued by this idea but don’t understand really what you mean by initialize. It sounds like the point is organizing user banks, being able to move things around into specific locations?

When a Voice, Performance, etc., is initialized, its parameters are reset to default settings. See the XF Reference Manual pages 91, 117, 195, 217 for detailed descriptions.

There are various reasons that initializing User Banks might be useful. Organizing could be a reason, and see the thread I previously linked to for some others.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2014 @ 08:21 AM
Tonymarygoss
Total Posts:  28
Joined  09-14-2013

Thank you 5pin. I should have looked at the link earlier.

I think I understand now. Just to clarify… If I create an ALL file of everything I have created/edited in the user banks, then initialize everything, I can then organize my edits by loading them individually from my ALL file into specific banks? Thereby keeping the stuff I want and getting rid of what is no longer useful?

It seems this could be done without initializing but simply load items from the ALL file where I want them? Actually keeping everything I had, just placing it where I want it?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ XF8 and thunderbolt
Next Topic:

computer integration - Cubase AI only or other versions?? ››