mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Controlling MOX Board with MOXF Board"

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 02:36 PM
jknauff
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-10-2014

Hello - first post on this forum.  I’ve been using an MOX8 in live performance for about a year now, and like it so much that I’ve just replaced my smaller keyboard (an MM6) with an MOXF6.  In order to simplify the process of calling up the correct settings for the various songs we perform, I have the MOX8 set up with a Master setting for each song in our repertoire.  I plan on setting up the MOXF6 with the same Master number for the same songs.  So for instance, to prepare to play “Babe” I will select Master setting A1 on each keyboard.  That helps to simplify things, but what would really be great would be if I could connect the two keyboards via MIDI so that calling up Master setting A1 on the MOX6 would also call up Master setting A1 on the MOX8 (or vice versa).  I suspect that’s not possible, but thought it wouldn’t hurt to ask.  Thanks in advance for your responses.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 02:56 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Correct, that’s not possible.

However, this is actually a proper situation for a Y-cord… use a FOOT SWITCH to advance MASTER program. You can split the signal to both keyboards. Connectors are all TS for FS.

Or get two foot switches and keep them together so you can press them together to advance programs.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 11, 2014 @ 01:56 PM
jknauff
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-10-2014

Thanks Bad Mister.  The foot switch idea would be fine if I was playing a predetermined show, but I need to be able to access my settings randomly.  I’m probably better off using the keyboard buttons.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ New MOXF8 has noise keys, advice?
Next Topic:

Loading XS Voice(s) into MoXF ››