mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Pattern files not showing up from Motif XF to MOXF. Help appreciated!"

Posted on: January 07, 2014 @ 02:49 PM
NutMeg
Total Posts:  4
Joined  01-06-2014

Hey Motif community!

I actually work at Keyfax (Hi BadMister, we met at a video shoot :) ) and I’m having some problems with the MOXF. I was under the impression that .x3p files from a Motif XF would load onto a MOXF. I updated the firmware on both, re-formatted the usb stick, and tried a handful of other things.

I can’t get anything to show up on the usb. I saved ‘all pattern’ from a Motif XF8, and it saved fine as a .x3p file. I plugged the usb into the MOXF6, and nada, nothing shows. The odd thing is that the .x3p files show up when I scroll to the ‘waveform’ category, which obviously they are not. It probably has to do with the fact that saving from the Motif XF gives one the option to save with or without samples, resulting in a .n3.x3p file or just a .x3p. I’ve tried both.

Can the MOXF indeed load pattern files? I’ve had previous success with samples and voice banks.

Thanks much!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2014 @ 03:32 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Welcome to the forum. :-)

Unfortunately, the sequencer modes (Pattern and Song) of the MOXF aren’t compatible with the XF. The MOXF can load .X4P (MOX) and, of course, .X6P (MOXF) All Pattern files. The MOXF can load only Waveforms (if they exist) from a .X3P file, as you’ve determined.

Details are on page 157 of the MOXF Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2014 @ 04:08 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Can the MOXF indeed load pattern files? I’ve had previous success with samples and voice banks.

Hi, again, hope you are warmer than it is here in NYC!

Here’s what happening.
No, the MOXF cannot load Motif XF Patterns or Songs, directly.
Yes, the MOXF can read, open and extract the data that it is compatible with…

In a nutshell:
The MOXF is only compatible with the following Motif XF data: Voices, Arpeggios, Performances, the 32 System Mix Templates, and Waveforms.

It can “open”, “read”, and “extract”, this data from Motif XF files.

Since Motif XF Patterns and Songs can contain Waveforms recorded (sampled) via the Integrated Sampling Sequencer.
When you attempt to read data from a Motif XF Pattern, the only data that the MOXF can extract from a Pattern, is any sampled audio recorded to the Integrated Sampling Sequencer. Same goes for Songs, the only data that the MOXF can import from a Motif XF Song file is the sampled audio recorded to the ISS.

If you want to transfer MIDI data from the Motif XF sequencer to the MOXF sequencer, you must export it as a SMF (Standard MIDI File).

On the Motif XF call up the Pattern and select the Section you want to export.
Press [FILE]
Set the TYPE = SMF (Standard MIDI File)
Just below SMF you will see the current Pattern. Set the Section “A”
Press [SF1] SAVE
Give this file a Name (hint: include “A” so you know where it goes).

Press [ENTER] to execute.
Rinse and repeat for each Section… Remember to increment the Section

There are enough differences between the Motif XF sequencer and the MOXF sequencer that file compatibility is not direct.

Songs can be exported in one Save operation, Patterns must be done Section by Section.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2014 @ 10:31 AM
NutMeg
Total Posts:  4
Joined  01-06-2014

Thanks guys, that answered my question. Plus, now I know for later! Much appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Flash Load Memory Location Issues
Next Topic:

Audio in muted when changing sounds? ››