mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Connecting Garageband to Motif 8 - Help"

Posted on: January 07, 2014 @ 11:06 AM
NewSong
Total Posts:  4
Joined  06-03-2008

I recently purchased a macbook pro to use for recording with my Motif 8. Garageband is detecting a midi input, but when I drop the Audio Input box there isn’t an option to switch to the Motif.

I have downloaded the latest USB driver from the Motifator website. I have switched my Motif’s Midi IN/OUT to USB in utilities and turned off the Local Control.

What am I missing?

I’m wondering if there is anything else I need to download on my mac so the motif and mac can “speak” to each other? The “Tools” disc that came with the Motif 8 back in 2001 can no longer be used on my Mac.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 05, 2016 @ 01:01 AM
george4th
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-13-2005

I did the same for my daughters Mo8 and the drivers from the Yamaha website for the usb midi driver worked like a charm .  of course I did run into problems at first until I realized I needed that driver, then It recognized it immediately and she was using it as a controller and they were speaking to each other ( the Mac and the Motif) like old friends.  Maybe try trashing the driver and reinstalling it…

[ Ignore ]