mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MoxF compared to Xs"

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 06:03 PM
Jas65
Total Posts:  65
Joined  12-28-2013

Before I purhased the F I was looking on the older Xs, what got mine attention was the sounds and benefits of a real workstation, im reaally a fan of internal seq and when a instrument can deliver as the Xs its a must on the wishlist, dont know how the pricing is in the states but here in Sweden you almost can buy 2 new f versions to the same price as a used Xs, can anyone maybe describe
the difference and pros and cons betveen them it would be appreciated ,since the Xs is about around 5 years old now but still cost that much im just curious.

Cheers
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 06:55 PM
jerrydpi
Total Posts:  973
Joined  11-03-2012

Hello Jack, welcome to the Forum!

I’m the resident dummy on the MOTIFATOR Site, but I have owned EVERY MOTIF (Original/ES/XS/XF) as well as currently owning a MOXF.

What would you like to know?

Cheers to you as well!

Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 07:10 PM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013

Hi Jerry

Just curious about the major differences betveen them as the price difference is so significant, as I was looking att the Xs first but hadnt the funds I got the MoxF (which I am glad I did)
but meantime some thoughts has appear about the price diff and what is causing it.

Cheers
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 07:27 PM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012

1) Which car costs more, a 1953 or a 2014 Chevy Corvette?
2) Which car is better, a 1953 or a 2014 Chevy Corvette?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 07:53 PM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013

sayin me nada, dont know much about cars and ever less about corvettes and since the diff is 5-6 years speaking motif and
61 years comparing the cars so it cant be the vintagevalue, atleast in my mind.

Br
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 08:21 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

Differences between the MOXF and XF are discussed at:

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/469959/

Most (but not all) of the XF advantages apply to the XS as well. Probably most importantly, the XS does not support flash cards, and has a smaller ROM. Other differences between the XS and XF are detailed at

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xf_whats_new

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 08:33 PM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013

Much appreciated..Thx

Br
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 03, 2014 @ 09:53 PM
jerrydpi
Joined  11-03-2012
Jas65 - 03 January 2014 07:53 PM

sayin me nada, don’t know much about cars and ever less about corvettes and since the diff is 5-6 years speaking motif and 61 years comparing the cars so it cant be the vintage value, at least in my mind.

Br
Jack

Jack,

I wasn’t trying to be “Cute” when I gave you the analogy (obviously not a good one) :-)

My point was that some people think a 1953 Corvette is more desirable, even though it’s truly “not as good” as a new one.

Many times older keyboards go for a high price because some people feel the new products don’t sound as good as the new ones (that makes them more desirable to them).

I threw that one at you because you said that a used XS sells in Sweden for twice as much as a new MOXF.

In the US, a new MOXF6 sells for $1199.00 and a used XS6 goes for around $1300.00 or so on ebay.

If the XS6 goes for that high a price in Sweden, I’m afraid to ask what a used XF6 sells for.

On ebay they are around $2200.00.

I have sold vintage drums to Swedish buyers for twice a price as what they sell for in the US, so perhaps buyers in Sweden are willing to pay more for gear than buyers elsewhere :-)

Regardless, my buddy anotherscott has pointed out the technical differences, but I’m telling you that the MOXF sounds as good as the XF/XS, so if you can live with not having some of the missing features, you did good and you kept some money in your pocket.

As an aside, I’m willing to bet that when the eventual MOTIF XF successor comes out, it will be so far ahead of the current MOTIF that all the used MOTIF prices will drop, as the market will be flooded by sellers wanting to get rid of their keyboard to buy the new one!

Enjoy your MOXF!

Jerry

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 04, 2014 @ 10:09 AM
Jas65
Joined  12-28-2013

No hard feelings att all, my quest where based on a fact that has been haunting me for a long time and that goes for that i have owned a quiet lot of synths over the years and i never has been satisfied for a longer times for different reasons when exploring them deeper especially as complete music production systems as stated...well i could write a whole a4 sheet about this but that just should be boring, what I’ve s´discovered so far with the Moxf is very pleasant and there so much more to discover which motivates my satisfaction, i was looking at Xs from the beginning but economy stopped a purchase , founded the Moxf which sounds lovely and just have hard to understand how it could be priced so much lover compared to a used Xs with all the possibilities,waveforms, osc´s a very well developed seq etc...im not a synth expert in any way just a regular hobby user so thats the reason for my quest ,at least here in Sweden the diff in pricing is quit large, if a product is equal with another or even better (Moxf equal or almost equal to Xs) its hard to understand at least for me the bigg diff, also this can be addressed as fenomen locally here in Sweden, if the diff in years between
them would be huge I could understand that better or facts like limited produced or other vintage facts that could have influence but this not the case i think, here the Xs is quite common on the second hand market.

Br
Jack

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Delete or init user arp?
Next Topic:

Speakers for MOXF ››