mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif Classic 8 / Macbook Pro"

Posted on: December 31, 2013 @ 05:22 AM
ravinella
Total Posts:  18
Joined  11-27-2006

I just bought a new MacbookPro and having never had a Mac before now want to connect my Motif 8 Classic to the laptop in order to record using a software programme.

I was wondering is it straightforward case of conencting using the USB or will I need software to run the Motif on the Macbook?

Many thanks in advance

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2013 @ 06:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

A computer is like a newborn… All potential.

Software is what will allow your computer to seem smart. Of course, you will need software. Out of the box the computer doesn’t know you, and certainly doesn’t know what a Motif is.

The Mac doesn’t even speak the the same language, well, at least lets say the same dialect that your Motif speaks, for that you need to download a driver.

A driver is a program you install that will gather the available resources of your computer and teach them every thing it will need to learn to communicate with the Motif in the Motif’s own dialect!

http://download.yamaha.com

Select your country
Type in the MODEL NAME: Motif 8
When the SEARCH RESULTS appear, select: MOTIF 8
Find the USB-MIDI Driver for MacOSX

The download includes the instructions.... Highly recommended reading.

Once installed, you will need some software .. A program to do something with your computer. The driver will get them to communicate in the same language and dialect, but you’ll need some kind of software program to give them something to talk about.

:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 31, 2013 @ 08:13 AM
ravinella
Total Posts:  18
Joined  11-27-2006

Thanks Bad_Mister thats great will have a crack tonight.

I am thinking in terms of the Logic Pro X program - what do you think? Or is there another you would recommend?

Many thanks and have a happy new year!

[ Ignore ]