mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Do MoXF and MOX sound the same?"

Posted on: December 29, 2013 @ 03:08 PM
mm6
Total Posts:  182
Joined  11-16-2008

See title.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2013 @ 03:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
mm6 - 29 December 2013 03:08 PM

See title.

Certainly not if the MOXF is playing sounds based on Waves that aren’t in the MOX.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2013 @ 04:14 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The letter “F” makes it easy to hear when some one is talking about the MOX from when they are talking about the MOXF! :-)

The MOXF can sound better than the MOX because it has double the polyphony, so you can play parts that the MOX could not.

The MOXF can sound better than the MOX during Performance play and when using the Song or Pattern sequencer because it has more processing power… All four PARTs of a MOXF Performance can recall their dual insertion Effects. And when sequencing, any eight Parts can recall their dual Insert Effect simultaneously, up from the three in the MOX. This has an important impact on the mix capabilities.

The MOXF can sound way better than the MOX because it has unlimited expansion capability, and this is the biggest point. Because I can always add new Waveforms/Samples; I can always reinvent my MOXF. New libraries that become available for Yamaha’s top of the line synthesizer, the Motif XF, I can get that library and load it into my MOXF.  That means a lot…

Now if you are asking can you tell which is which? Definitely, when you consider the points above.

Now… If you want to limit the MOXF so that the song your comparing only uses 64 notes, and only uses sounds that are in both instruments, etc., etc., well that’s just not a thing you should do - why would you? if you own a MOXF you’ve moved beyond those previous limits, it would silly and counterproductive to unnecessarily limit your thinking like that. Move on. You’ve got more polyphony, more available effects, expand ability… You’d be crazy not to use it.

Get a MOXF because these new features are compelling for what you want to do. Get it because the Flash option, staves off obsolescence; because new libraries are in development all the time for the Motif XF, and there is Voice and Performance compatibility between the “XF” instruments!

[ Ignore ]