mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Buliding your own Voice / Changing the master filter + initialise voice"

Posted on: December 28, 2013 @ 12:37 PM
xmortenx
Total Posts:  20
Joined  06-06-2009

Hi there,

Porting form software to hardware with this Moxf8 and been reading and viewing the videos and the Moxf is starting to come alive :)

Im trying to test it as a synth and build my own synth patches using the waves provided.

1) How do I initialize one voice so its blank and ready to build on ?

2) How do I change the masterfilter (the filter that all the 8 elements pass through). I seem to only be able to change the individual filter on each element.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

All the best

Morten

Ps. Is there a way to either flip flop the 4 hardware envelope dials so that you control the filter envelope with the knobs instead of the Amp envelope and if not is there a way to at least assign the attack and decay of the filter envelope to the two assign knobs on a default basis ??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2013 @ 06:05 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

1) How do I initialize one voice so its blank and ready to build on ?

Press [VOICE]
Select any location
Press [JOB]
Press [F1] INIT (Initialize)
Press [ENTER] to execute
This sets all parameters to nominal… one Element is active (Element 1) and is set to the first preset Waveform 0001.

2) How do I change the masterfilter (the filter that all the 8 elements pass through). I seem to only be able to change the individual filter on each element.

? There is no “masterfilter” that all 8 Elements pass through, per se. Not within the VOICE itself. Each Element has its own Filter (unlike old analog synths that all shared the same single filter) each of the 8 Elements is like a complete synthesizer - Each has its own AEG, its own PEG and its own FEG. If you are thinking analog synth - this is not that - it is something based on similar features but to emulate instruments the digital synth followed a different architecture and Voice structure.

However, when you are in VOICE mode, KNOBS 1 and 2 in the Knob Control Function area (row 1) are CUTOFF and RESONANCE. These are controls that act as offsets to each Element’s Filter. So moving it you are adjusting the CUTOFF of each active filter (as many as 8). They all respond by “offsetting” their current value.

OFFSET: As you move the KNOB you will see that at 12 o’clock it is +0 as you turn clockwise you ADDING values to whatever each filter is set at. And as you move counterclockwise you are SUBTRACTING values.

If an Element is not assigned a Filter, then moving the CUTOFF and RESONANCE knobs will have no affect on that ELEMENT. The Cutoff and Resonance knobs are not a separate master filter, but a master control that OFFSETS each of the potential 8 Filters.

That said, there is a MASTER EFFECT that is a DYNAMIC FILTER but it is overall and not really apart of the Voice architecture. It is more of a wacky DJ-type processor for special effects.

Ps. Is there a way to either flip flop the 4 hardware envelope dials so that you control the filter envelope with the knobs instead of the Amp envelope and if not is there a way to at least assign the attack and decay of the filter envelope to the two assign knobs on a default basis ??

No they are fixed as Amplitude Envelope Generator Offset. There are two ASSIGNABLE KNOBS but that must be done on a PER Voice basis.

What you can do, and if you haven’t seen it yet - it is really cool - the Voice Editor Essential for iPAD…

Image Attachments
MOXFVceEditor.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2013 @ 12:58 AM
xmortenx
Total Posts:  20
Joined  06-06-2009

Thanks alot for that textbook example of a truly helpfull answer, that you allways pray for when you ask a question in a forum, but seldom gets :)

It solved all the questions regarding the above :)

All the best
Morten :):)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Okay, I’ll try to Sequence my next song....help!!!
Next Topic:

Moxf Seq ››