mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Is this possible (perf’s and songs q)"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 11:57 AM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013

I want to copy across a Performance to a Song so I can have access to more sounds for soloing over said performance.

No probs in copying the performance to parts 1-4 in a Song, but when in Song Mode how does one dynamically swap through the arps (the same as you can when in Perf Mode using the SF buttons)?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 03:43 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The Arps on [SF1]-[SF6] in a PERFORMANCE are automatically copied to the SONG/PATTERN MIXING program when you use the COPY PERF Job.

How did you copy the Performance to the Song mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 04:24 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Using that method BM - as I said its no problem copying them into the song, its how do you then dynamically change the arps once in a song IE move from say ARP 1 to Arp 3 for eg..the SF buttons no longer function in that way.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 06:06 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Does this help?…
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470301/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 07:21 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Yep :) thx 5p

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 26, 2013 @ 10:27 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Actually, since that time I’ve learned that is not necessary if all you want to do is have them (the Arps) available in Song or Pattern mode. The Arps are automatically copied to the ARP 1-5 buttons when you COPY the Performance to the Song or Pattern Mixing setup. You only need that referenced routine if you want to access them from MASTER mode or you want to access them from the SCENE buttons which appear on the main SONG mode screen. Quite a bit different).

Shortcut:
Press [MIXING]
Press [JOB]
Press [F3] COPY
Press [SF3] PERF
Mark the attributes you wish to Copy
Press [ENTER] to execute

The Arpeggios assigned to the Performance are automatically copied to the current MIXING setup’s [SF] buttons.
Make sure you have firmware 1.03

If you are in PATTERN mode - the ARPS automatically appear as selectable from the SF buttons as they were in the PERFORMANCE.

If, however, you are transferring your PERFORMANCE into SONG mode, the ARPS are automatically copied to the MIXING setup, but they do not appear on the SF buttons. The SCENE memory function occupies the SF buttons in SONG mode.

In order to STORE an ARP to a SCENE you must recall it, then hold STORE + the SF button on which you want to place it. The screen will read “SCENE and ARPEGGIO STORED”

Sorry for any confusion…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 08:38 AM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Thanks BM I will give it another try following those steps exactly.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 08:47 AM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Okay tried that (using piano + bass split performance) went to play it and all there is is piano across 16 channels.

I will now try it with a factory performance and see how that goes..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 08:52 AM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Right, got it to sound right (factory perf), however the Scene buttons do not work. All that played was whatever arp is set to start by default within the source performance.

Pressing them (scene buttons) does nothing so I am assuming one also needs to include a step to incorporate the arps from the Perf into each Scene perhaps?

I am going to try and figure out why the Piano/Bass perf did no work as expected.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 09:02 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Right, got it to sound right, however the Scene buttons do not work. All that played was whatever arp is set to start by default within the source performance.

Okay I see where we are mis-communicating. If you COPY your PERFORMANCE to a PATTERN MIXING setup, it automatically places the ARPS on the ARP [SF1]-[SF6] buttons as I’ve been describing. On re-reading the thread I see you are in SONG mode. SONG mode on the MOXF has SCENES and it behaves differently from the PATTERN mode.

COPY PERFORMANCE to PATTERN
It takes the arps that were set to play in the PERFORMANCE and maps them to the SF1-SF6 buttons of the PATTERN.

COPY PERFORMANCE to SONG
Here you must transfer the currently selected ARP to a SCENE as described previously in the referenced linked.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 09:12 AM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013
Bad_Mister - 27 December 2013 09:02 AM

Right, got it to sound right, however the Scene buttons do not work. All that played was whatever arp is set to start by default within the source performance.

Yeah, that’s exactly what it does - take the arps that were set to play in the PERFORMANCE and maps them to the SF1-SF6 buttons of the SONG.
If the PERFORMANCE only has 1 ARP then that is all that is copied, if the PERFORMANCE only has 5 ARPS then that is all that is copied. What is it YOU were expecting.

Maybe I misunderstood you. Why not list what PERFORMANCE you are working with. Because you saying it does not work is crazy. Try the very first PERFORMANCE, go to a blank SONG and copy it - tell us what happens.

How many ARPS are written.

BM the Performance copied was Alternative Pop - a Yamaha factory performance unedited. It has 5 arps set in the original with Bass drums and guitar.

In Perf Mode Arp 2 is set to start by default and this is what happens in Song Mode, however the Scene buttons do nothing...which indicates that either an additional step is required or the arps do not get copied as thought???

The thing I did not try was initialising the “Song” first, although I was not expecting to do this as I assumed the above action would over-write.

Another odd thing is when you do the copy procedure (via Job) and then press the Song button again, the Song reverts to original, so one also needs to save before exiting the Mixing page it would seem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 09:13 AM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013
Bad_Mister - 27 December 2013 09:02 AM

Okay I see where we are mis-communicating. If you COPY your PERFORMANCE to a PATTERN MIXING setup, it automatically places the ARPS on the ARP [SF1]-[SF6] buttons as I’ve been describing. On re-reading the thread I see you are in SONG mode. SONG mode on the MOXF has SCENES and it behaves differently from the PATTERN mode.

COPY PERFORMANCE to PATTERN
It takes the arps that were set to play in the PERFORMANCE and maps them to the SF1-SF6 buttons of the PATTERN.

COPY PERFORMANCE to SONG
Here you must transfer the currently selected ARP to a SCENE as described previously in the referenced linked.

Right, I will try that - thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 09:20 AM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

That worked, as in getting the Perf into the Pattern, but the second part I need some clarification on - are you saying that even though one can copy all parts of a performance to the “Pattern Mode” in one step, to get this now copied into a Song it needs to be one arp at a time?

If so does this need to be done by going back to the performance, selecting an arp, then going back to Song and copying - rinse and repeat?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 09:21 AM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Still doesn’t answer why the Piano + Bass split Performance does not load or play in Song Mode as it does in Performance mode???

Again it works by copying into Pattern, but there seems to be no direct way to copy from Pattern into Song.

Further when I do get this split performance in to Pattern, ALL parts play and the Mute buttons have no effect…

On the main screen of song all the parts are showing M above them, however I am still hearing a piano patch when I play the keys.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 09:28 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

You did not see this correction:

Actually, since that time I’ve learned that is not necessary if all you want to do is have them (the Arps) available in Song or Pattern mode. The Arps are automatically copied to the ARP 1-5 buttons when you COPY the Performance to the Song or Pattern Mixing setup. You only need that referenced routine if you want to access them from MASTER mode or you want to access them from the SCENE buttons which appear on the main SONG mode screen. Quite a bit different).

Shortcut:
Press [MIXING]
Press [JOB]
Press [F3] COPY
Press [SF3] PERF
Mark the attributes you wish to Copy
Press [ENTER] to execute

The Arpeggios assigned to the Performance are automatically copied to the current MIXING setup’s [SF] buttons.
Make sure you have firmware 1.03

If you are in PATTERN mode - the ARPS automatically appear as selectable from the SF buttons as they were in the PERFORMANCE.

If, however, you are transferring your PERFORMANCE into SONG mode, the ARPS are automatically copied to the MIXING setup, but they do not appear on the SF buttons of the main SONG screen. To view them you must press the dedicated [ARP EDIT] button (next to the main ARP ON/OFF button)

The SCENE memory function occupies the SF buttons in SONG mode.

In order to STORE an ARP to a SCENE you must recall it, then hold STORE + the SF button on which you want to place it. The screen will read “SCENE and ARPEGGIO STORED”

Press [ARP EDIT]
Recall ARP1
Press [SONG] to view main Song screen
Press [STORE] + [SF1]
“Scene and arpeggio stored”

Rinse and repeat.

Sorry for any confusion…

Still doesn’t answer why the Piano + Bass split Performance does not load or play in Song Mode as it does in Performance mode???

Sorry we don’t know about your Piano + Bass split PERFORMANCE - what about it. ‘does not load’? Load from where?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 09:31 AM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Okay gotcha :-) thx

Could you please have a look at the other issue here… I posted just before your last reply…

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2