mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How to Program change user number in MULTI mode of motif rack XS ?"

Posted on: December 23, 2013 @ 08:20 PM
good-MO
Total Posts:  7
Joined  08-19-2012

I want to Program change user number in MULTI mode by press number of keyboard controller or by FC controller(PCInc) but I cannot set it, while as I can set it in user VOICE mode . 

Now, when I select user MULTI mode and I press number of keyboard controller or FC controller(PCInc) for change user number there are not active.  But, there are active in each part which I don’t want it.

How to set it ? 
tell me plz..

thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2013 @ 06:21 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The Rack XS has a specific Bank Select message to change the MULTI, while other Bank Select messages can be used to address each of the 16 Parts individually when sent on the specific MIDI channel of the PART.

MSB/LSB = 63/68 address the entire Rack XS to change the MULTI… In must be sent on the DEVICE NUMBER Channel.

The Bank Select message used in conjunction with the Program Change number will recall the MULTI

MULTI 001 is PROGRAM CHANGE 000
MULTI 128 is PROGRAM CHANGE 127

You don’t mention if your keyboard controller sends Bank Select MSB and LSB.

MSB = 063
LSB = 068
PC = 000
Will recall Multi 001

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 28, 2013 @ 09:09 PM
good-MO
Joined  08-19-2012

Thank you for your advice.
I have MOX6 , How to set it ?

THANK YOU.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 29, 2013 @ 05:12 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You can manually enter the data on the TRACK. From the main SONG or PATTERN screen:
Select the TRACK [1]-[16]
You will want to select the Track that corresponds to the Motif-Rack’s DEVICE NUMBER. If you have not changed the Device Number, then use TRACK [1] for this Program Change message.

Press [EDIT] to view the Event List
Press [F5] INSERT
This allows you to insert different types of messages at any point MEASURE:BEAT:CLOCK.
Move the cursor DOWN so you can select TYPE = PROGRAM CHANGE

Your MSB_LSB_PC will be 063-068-xxx
where xxx = the Multi number you wish to recall.
Press [F6] SET to insert the message.

Below is an example taken from one of the SUPPORT Articles here on Motifator: ____________________

Bank Select – Program Change
Bank Select-Program Change events can be inserted on any MIDI track to recall a specific Voice. These are fairly easy to work with on Yamaha sequencers - as Yamaha uses what is called a “packed” event.

Bank Select is a two byte Control Change (cc) message - a MSB (most significant byte) and a LSB (least significant byte) these two Control Change message each will have a value. This value identifies the bank. Messages will be between 000 and 127. The Bank Select information is followed by a Program Change number (also a number between 000 and 127)

The format is “xxx-yyy-zzz”
‘xxx’ is the MSB value
‘yyy’ is the LSB value
‘zzz’ is the Program Change value

All normal GM sounds are in MSB = 000, LSB = 000
The GM Drum kits are in MSB = 127, LSB = 000

So a Program Change message in the Yamaha sequencer that is:

Image Attachments
ProgramCh.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 07, 2014 @ 12:15 PM
good-MO
Joined  08-19-2012

I set it but motif rack XS aren’t active in MULTI .

in pic I want to change to USER MULTI 001 but not active. I must change by knob as before.

Image Attachments
IMG-20140108-00277.JPGIMG-20140108-00278.JPG
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2014 @ 10:49 AM
porgy
Total Posts:  2
Joined  01-12-2014

Hello,

I have the same problem. I want to change the multi id by the program change of my master keyboard. This one is not able to send MSB.
When I’m in Voice mode, if I increase the program on my master keyboard, the voice increase. But in multi mode, it is the part 1 which change the program. I want to increase the multi not the part 1 of multi.
How to proceed ?
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 12, 2014 @ 09:36 PM
good-MO
Joined  08-19-2012

Bad_Mister ..... Help us ... plz.
Thank you.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2014 @ 09:17 AM
vleatt
Joined  02-12-2011

Hi, Bad_Mister

You said, to change Multi program use

MSB = 063
LSB = 068
PC = 000
Will recall Multi 001

I spent considerable time studying the manual before finding this post.  Your answer works.  Thanks!

However, I went back to the manual and can’t find any mention of 63/68/xxx anywhere.  Is it missing?

Thanks.

vleatt

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2014 @ 08:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
vleatt - 07 August 2014 09:17 AM

[...] I went back to the manual and can’t find any mention of 63/68/xxx anywhere.  Is it missing?

It’s not missing, but perhaps you didn’t look in the correct manual.

See Bank Select on page 62 of the Motif-Rack XS Data List.
If you don’t have it, a PDF copy can be downloaded:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/9864

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2014 @ 09:07 PM
vleatt
Joined  02-12-2011

Thank you, 5pinDIN for a super-fast reply!

I was looking in the correect manual - and on the correct page.  It appears that this one line of information was left out of the manual.  Everything down to 63 60 (mixing voice) is there, but the multi information is not. 

I had even thought of that possibility before I posted the question and downloaded a data list, but didn’t choose the Yamaha site, so I got another copy without the information.

Thanks.  I know I’m not going mad now and I’ll download from the link you gave me in case there is other missing information in my copy.

I’m happy now!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 07, 2014 @ 11:27 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
vleatt - 07 August 2014 09:07 PM

Thank you, 5pinDIN for a super-fast reply!

I was looking in the correect manual - and on the correct page.  It appears that this one line of information was left out of the manual.  Everything down to 63 60 (mixing voice) is there, but the multi information is not. 

I had even thought of that possibility before I posted the question and downloaded a data list, but didn’t choose the Yamaha site, so I got another copy without the information.

Thanks.  I know I’m not going mad now and I’ll download from the link you gave me in case there is other missing information in my copy.

I’m happy now!

You’re welcome.

The link is to the “C” version of the Data List - apparently you were using an earlier version. I don’t know what other changes might have been made in the newer manual.

Anyway, I’m happy that you’re happy.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Performance Editor Essential
Next Topic:

Motif Rack XS and WX5 Wind Controller ››