mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Can someone try this please…"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 12:43 PM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013

Load patch pre1 32 (Early Fusion) into a performance and see if it maintains its insert efx (VCM TouchWah).

I am trying it on my MOXf but for some reason it loses the insert effect…

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 12:57 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No one needs to “try this”, really. Whether the Insert Effect is brought in is a function of the INS SW (Insert Switch) status for the Performance PART.

if you started with an Initialized Performance all four internal synth Parts would have the INSERT EFFECT SWITCH set to ON. If you were inheriting settings from a previously made Performance you may have inherited the INS SW = OFF condition for the Part.

Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON]
Press [F6] EFFECT
Press [SF2] INS SW
Here you can allocate which Parts will recall their dual Insert Effects from Voice mode and whether or not to apply dual insert Effects to the A/D Input Part.

Just FYI: System Effects (Reverb/Chorus blocks) are not brought into a Performance from Voice mode because each of the Voices in Voice mode could be using a different Reverb and Chorus Type, and these are shared in the Performance mixer via Part Send amount parameters.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 01:11 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
pax_eterna - 18 December 2013 12:43 PM

Load patch pre1 32 (Early Fusion) into a performance and see if it maintains its insert efx (VCM TouchWah).

Thanks

Try setting the Output Chorus Send for the Part to 66.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 02:00 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013
Bad_Mister - 18 December 2013 12:57 PM

No one needs to “try this”, really. Whether the Insert Effect is brought in is a function of the INS SW (Insert Switch) status for the Performance PART.

if you started with an Initialized Performance all four internal synth Parts would have the INSERT EFFECT SWITCH set to ON. If you were inheriting settings from a previously made Performance you may have inherited the INS SW = OFF condition for the Part.

Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON]
Press [F6] EFFECT
Press [SF2] INS SW
Here you can allocate which Parts will recall their dual Insert Effects from Voice mode and whether or not to apply dual insert Effects to the A/D Input Part.

Just FYI: System Effects (Reverb/Chorus blocks) are not brought into a Performance from Voice mode because each of the Voices in Voice mode could be using a different Reverb and Chorus Type, and these are shared in the Performance mixer via Part Send amount parameters.

BM, insert switch for common is on ..A and B have also been set, but still no effect...go back to voice mode (same patch and the effects are there..

So something is not quite right, hence the call for others to try what is really a 5 second task..then if others DO get effects I can then get an idea that it is a setting somewhere that is not quite right..

It was my understanding that loading a voice into a performance automatically recalled the INS effects associated with the voice, ergo in a Performance the voice should sound exactly the same. assuming all switches are on.

re system effects, thx but I knew that already...others may get a benefit from it though.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 02:01 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013
5pinDIN - 18 December 2013 01:11 PM

Thanks

Cheers 5pin..I will give that a go.

EDIT: tried that, just got more chorus effect..(used Perf Part 01 Cho - the same screen has Revsend,Drylevel and InsEF) maybe using the wrong edit screen?

Just also tried initialising a performance, and then simply changing the default Full Concert Piano to Early Fusion...same deal, in voice mode the ins effect is clearly there, in the Performance it is not.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 02:08 PM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013

Thanks

Not only that you also have to change the Chorus to VCM PhaserSt.

Great that you asked this question!
I was wondering why I lost a delay on an Lead voice I used in an Performance.

Now I know why.....Still learning:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 02:12 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013
MeMyselfAndI64 - 18 December 2013 02:08 PM

Thanks

Not only that you also have to change the Chorus to VCM PhaserST.

Point is though memyselfI, the ins effects with the voice, as I wrote earlier, should automatically be carried across into the performance. There should be no need to set anything, afaik

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 02:19 PM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013

But VCM PhaserST is NOT an insert on the voice!
it,s set in the chorus block and if I read what Bad_Mister said they do no carry over.

Am I missing something here??

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 02:28 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
pax_eterna - 18 December 2013 02:12 PM
MeMyselfAndI64 - 18 December 2013 02:08 PM

Thanks

Not only that you also have to change the Chorus to VCM PhaserST.

Point is though memyselfI, the ins effects with the voice, as I wrote earlier, should automatically be carried across into the performance. There should be no need to set anything, afaik

I’m working with my XF, but the situation should be the same.

Parameter with Voice has to be turned on before you select the Voice in the performance for certain (not all) parameters to be copied. Even so, with an Initialized Performance the chorus send is set to a default value of 0 (zero). In Early Fusion the chorus send is set to 66. On the XF, changing it from 0 to 66 does the trick. See page 31 of the MOXF Reference Manual, [F2] OUTPUT.

EDIT: For a Performance, see page 66.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 03:02 PM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013
5pinDIN - 18 December 2013 02:28 PM

Parameter with Voice has to be turned on before you select the Voice in the performance for certain (not all) parameters to be copied. Even so, with an Initialized Performance the chorus send is set to a default value of 0 (zero). In Early Fusion the chorus send is set to 66. On the XF, changing it from 0 to 66 does the trick. See page 31 of the MOXF Reference Manual, [F2] OUTPUT.

I tried this.....
1) Initialized an Performance
2) Set P.WithVce = On
3) Choose Early fusion
4) Now if I check the Chorus it,s “G-Chorus” not the VCM PhaserSt
as the voice have originally.

Am I still misunderstanding??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
About: P.WithVce (Parameter with Voice) On Page 64 in the Reference manual.

Determines whether or not the following parameter settings of the selected Voice are copied from the Voice to the
current Part when you change a Voice for the current Part individually.
• Arpeggio settings
• Filter Cutoff Frequency
• Filter Resonance
• Amplitude EG
• Filter EG
• Pitch Bend Range (Upper/Lower)
• Note Shift
NOTE Regardless of the “P.WithVce” setting, the following settings are always copied when a Normal Voice is selected: “Mono/Poly,”
“Switch” (Portamento Part Switch), “Time” (Portamento Time) and “Mode” (Portamento Mode).
Settings: off (not copied), on (copied)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 03:20 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
MeMyselfAndI64 - 18 December 2013 03:02 PM

I tried this.....
2) Set P.WithVce = On
3) Choose Early fusion

Yes, you still are not getting the difference between INSERT EFFECTS and
SYSTEM EFFECTS.

INSERT EFFECTS get copied, along with their associated voice, to a Performance, intact. You can choose whether the INS SW (Insert Swicth) is on or off for a particular voice in a Performance. The default setting for every performance is all insert effects switched on for all four parts (voice).

SYSTEM EFFECTS (such as the VCM PhaserSt that you keep trying to get)
are NOT COPIED TO A PERFORMANCE, EVER.

The VCM Phaser St for the voice “Early Fusion” is a SYSTEM EFFECT. In other words, it is a global effect, it does not get copied to the Performance. The Performance has its own system effect - in this case,
“G Chorus”.

If you want the VCM PhaserSt as an effect, you must change the PERFORMANCE’s SYSTEM EFFECT to “VCM PhaserSt”. Then you must make sure the settings for the VCM Phaser St are EXACTLY THE SAME AS THEY ARE IN THE EARLY FUSION VOICE, when it is in VOICE MODE. It’s a good idea to simply write down the settings for the VCM PhaserSt system effect in the
voice, then make those changes to it when you are back in Performance mode.

Then you must set the CHORUS SEND for the Early Fusion voice to some value, approximately “66” as someone posted above.

When finished with your edited Performance, don’t forget to STORE it,
and save your MO XF contents as an ALL file.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 03:26 PM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013
DavePolich - 18 December 2013 03:20 PM

I tried this.....
2) Set P.WithVce = On
3) Choose Early fusion

Yes, you still are not getting the difference between INSERT EFFECTS and
SYSTEM EFFECTS.

INSERT EFFECTS get copied, along with their associated voice, to a Performance, intact. You can choose whether the INS SW (Insert Swicth) is on or off for a particular voice in a Performance. The default setting for every performance is all insert effects switched on for all four parts (voice).

SYSTEM EFFECTS (such as the VCM PhaserSt that you keep trying to get)
are NOT COPIED TO A PERFORMANCE, EVER.

The VCM Phaser St for the voice “Early Fusion” is a SYSTEM EFFECT. In other words, it is a global effect, it does not get copied to the Performance. The Performance has its own system effect - in this case,
“G Chorus”.

If you want the VCM PhaserSt as an effect, you must change the PERFORMANCE’s SYSTEM EFFECT to “VCM PhaserSt”. Then you must set the CHORUS SEND for the Early Fusion voice tosome value, approximately “66”
as someone posted above.

I know!!:) I said that to the original poster but he said it should carry over.
I just try to prove an point!:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 04:52 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

I was saying INSERT effects get carried over NOT system effects…

My mistake here was thinking it was an insert effect...I missed, when I was checking, the actual system effects used with the voice, thinking it was all insert ones, so I sorta did not pay much attention to that part. My bad.

5pin, once I realised that, your tip re the “66” was spot on thanks.

Thanks also DP for re-emphasising - it was from your post I finally “twigged” where I was going wrong :-)

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 05:18 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010

I tried this.....
2) Set P.WithVce = On
3) Choose Early fusion

Am I still misunderstanding??[...]

I didn’t address setting the System Effects because pax_eterna indicated he was aware of the situation with them, and you had already indicated the need to change the Chorus to VCM Phaser Stereo.

However, you do seem to have a misunderstanding about how to get the System Effects settings of a Voice into a Performance. It’s not necessary to manually change those settings in the Performance (and no need to write them down, as had been suggested by someone). Although the procedure is somewhat different on my XF, it seems that you’ll find what needs to be done with the MOXF on page 71 of the Reference Manual, under [SF2] VOICE. There you can find how to copy Reverb, Chorus, Master EQ or Master Effects from whichever Source Voice you prefer.

EDIT: I’m used to the XS and XF, and in finding a reference for setting the Chorus Send level in Performance mode of the MOXF, I gave an incorrect page previously. It appears to be on page 66 (not 31) of the Reference Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 06:30 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I was saying INSERT effects get carried over NOT system effects…

My mistake here was thinking it was an insert effect...I missed, when I was checking, the actual system effects used with the voice, thinking it was all insert ones, so I sorta did not pay much attention to that part. My bad.

Now you understand why I added the “JUST FYI"… in my original answer? I knew you were looking in the wrong place so I thought I’d just add it so when you discovered this, you would see that it is possible -even when you “know that already!”.
:-)
Just FYI…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 07:42 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Actually no, so a case of agreeing to disagree BM - my mistake was that I did not expect the patch to be influenced by “system effects” and assumed (wrongly) it was all insert effects. I already “knew” system effects did not get carried across hence the comment.

You know sometimes man you can be so bloody condescending - whether deliberate or natural I am not sure yet but it is something imo, you could work on. Because as smart and clever and knowledgeable as you are (sincere comments there, not sarcasm) such condescension is below you. JMO!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Need a Beta Tester...
Next Topic:

Adding single samples to flashboard ››