mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Steinberg Yamaha USB Driver and Win8"

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 06:04 PM
Alexander Brandon
Total Posts:  1
Joined  12-12-2013

Greetings all!

I recently got an MOXF8 and love it. However I also upgraded my PC from Win7 to Win8. Same audio interface (Apollo Duo). When installing the Yamaha Steinberg USB drivers I see a yellow exclamation point next to the driver in the Windows device manager, and Nuendo 6 will not recognize it as a MIDI device at all.

I’ve reinstalled the driver, tried a different cable, same results. Anyone else having this problem? I’d rather not have to buy a conventional MIDI interface but at this rate I may have to… :(

-Alex

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2013 @ 01:52 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013

When you get an yellow exclamation point next to the driver in the Windows device manager.
It can be driver related but also an system resource conflict.

Have you followed the installations guide?
IE Disconnect all USB devices other than the mouse and keyboard from the computer?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2013 @ 05:03 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You don’t say which driver, nor do you give a version.
No company makes as many keyboards as Yamaha, so the name and version of the driver is critical information when troubleshooting problems.

Here’s how to determine what’s what:

Connect your MOXF via USB to your computer
Verify the installation of the driver and version of the driver by going to your CONTROL PANEL and finding the icon for the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver”
Double click it to launch the control panel

What does it report?

If you have no luck with this
Go to Control Panel > Programs and Features > take a look at your installed program list .... Down near the end of the list find “Yamaha Steinberg USB” highlight it to find the version number… Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ iPad Air adapter for MOXF??
Next Topic:

Two Flash Boards? ››