mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "iPad Air adapter for MOXF??"

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 03:18 PM
pa3x
Total Posts:  3
Joined  12-12-2013

I downloaded 3 Yamaha iPad apps from iTunes but there is no MIDI communication between my MOXF6 and iPad Air. I use the camera connection kit. My KORG PA3X works great with this kit!!

Any clues??

Regards,
Dimitris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 03:39 PM
energizer1389@gmail.com
Total Posts:  54
Joined  05-09-2013

I dont think the XF will work like that. You would need th Yamaha midi interface and connect your Motif with midi cables. I would go wireless if I were you. It works great!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 07:46 PM
padking
Total Posts:  70
Joined  01-05-2011

There is some other post about that problem
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470138/
I used my Ipad (retina display) with my MOX8 and Korg Kronos
with no problem( Apple camera kit adapter)
I now have a MOXF 6 and the camera kit does not
work, no midi connection
Never got a answer from Yamaha.

Padking

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2013 @ 05:31 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Not looking to place blame but the Apple protocol changes and while the MOX can use the camera kit, it will probably take yet another update from Apple to make some of the newer devices work. Remember there is both audio and MIDI that travel through the USB. The Camera Kit (designed for cameras) is once again not compatible with the MOXF. I call it the update dance

This update “dance” is like running under the arrow with a target… One has to keep adjusting things when they update the iOS.

If the update from Apple does not come in a timely fashion, there will probably be a fix in the synth OS. I don’t have any official details ... Just my own observations. I checked the Camera Kit and it works with the Motif XF for example, some here report it is still working with the MOX ... I tried with the MOXF and it’s not working currently

In the meantime the Yamaha iMX-1 or iUX-1 work now!!! (They were built for MIDI synths etc., not cameras!)
The Camera Kit is a less expensive route, but as you can see, now it works, then now it doesn’t.

Just a point of order: The MOXF does not, repeat: does not have the ability to communicate wirelessly (we’re sure the poster was referring to the Motif XF).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2013 @ 07:16 AM
pa3x
Joined  12-12-2013

I think Yamaha has to update MOXF in order iPad Camera Connection kit to be compatible with, like the older synth models.
The Yamaha iMX-1 or iUX-1 models are too expensive, they do the same job and they also need an Extra 30 pin to Lightniing converter, too!!

Regards,
Dimitris

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 15, 2013 @ 09:01 AM
padking
Total Posts:  70
Joined  01-05-2011

It’s not the price that is a problem (iMX), it’s impossible
to get one in Canada ( at least in the east) when you
try to buy them on line, (shop) the shipping cost is
much to high.

So come on Apple let’s Boogie !

Padking

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 17, 2013 @ 07:01 AM
pa3x
Joined  12-12-2013

Does Yamaha Corp. listen all in here at Motifator.com?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 05:06 AM
rdanl
Joined  11-23-2013

Maybe you can use a UM-ONE mk2 by Roland and a camera connection kit , I don’t have a ipad air but I own a ipad with retina display and it just works with my keyboards (by the way I don’t , yet :) , own a moxf )… UM-ONE mk2 use standard 5-pin midi connectors to keyboard and usb as output, if you connect the male UM-ONE mk2 usb out to the camera connection kit, you won’t have moxf usb midi driver problems ...

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 18, 2013 @ 09:01 AM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013

As I wrote on another thread, the Griffin MidiConnect also works with the MOXf and iPad.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 22, 2013 @ 03:38 PM
GospelMusicians
Total Posts:  336
Joined  08-26-2010

None of the dual USB interfaces that have Audio and MIDI work with iOS. I’ve tested this out with tons of keyboards and the ones that use their USB with Audio and MIDI don’t work. I’ve spent some considerable amount of time with Apple support and with Apogee trying to get these things to work as a lot of this stuff hinges on my Neo-Soul Keys for iPad/iPhone.

Hopefully an update will come soon!

Sadly, none of the supposedly USB compliant DIN MIDI to USB adapters work either. I had to send back an M-Audio I had.

Apple is a great company, but when you become a developer you really start to see a ton of bugs and obvious mishaps in coding that are so annoying.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Clean Synth Samples or Voices for the MOXF
Next Topic:

Steinberg Yamaha USB Driver and Win8 ››