mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Clean Synth Samples or Voices for the MOXF"

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 12:26 PM
jsegovia
Total Posts:  25
Joined  03-20-2004

Hi, everyone.  I am really digging my MOXF8.  It’s a great sounding keyboard and I’m loving just about all the provided sounds.  Perhaps the only category of voices I’m missing is straight clean synth samples or patches, like lots of DX7 voices or analog synths like the Roland Jupiters or Oberheims.  Are there any sample or voice libraries available for the MOXF like this?

I know there are lots of libraries containing synth sounds specifically from ‘80s songs but I’d like the clean unprocessed samples to which I can apply my own FX.

Thanks very much!

Jesse

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 01:22 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

For the old analog style synth sounds, Yamaha already provides the basic samples… check the waveform list and look in the category “Analg” and you’ll see triangle, saw, sine, PW, etc. including what appear to be samples from particular analog synths (i.e. I assume P5 is Prophet and OB is Oberheim). DX7 used a different kind of synthesis… I think at its core it’s all sine waves, but they modulate each other, in a way that can’t be duplicated in the Motif architecture… but a bunch of common DX7 tones appear to be provided there as well, i.e. the ones labeled FM in the category “Digi”.

I think your issue is that you were looking for them under “Voices” but that’s where completed sounds are. If you want to make your own sounds from scratch, all the raw material is there for you to make your own Voices, by building them from the supplied waveforms.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 01:34 PM
jsegovia
Joined  03-20-2004

Thanks very much for the reply.  This sounds like an excellent way for me to begin programming voices for the MOXF.

If anyone has any completed voices or any suggestions or advice in this area I’d appreciate it!

Jesse

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 01:34 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Take a look at page 36 of the MOXF Data List, Waveforms 1360~1389 for “Analg”, and 1390~1450 for “Digi”. If you initialize a Voice, and select one of those Waveforms for Element 1, you’ll have a starting point.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 01:45 PM
jsegovia
Joined  03-20-2004

Thanks very much, 5pinDIN - I’ll start there.

Jesse

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 01:53 PM
DschoKeys
Total Posts:  109
Joined  07-08-2005

In addition, you could also have a look at these two really great libraries from Easy Sounds which contain a lot of new samples/waveforms:

Phat Analog

and

Phat Analog II

All the best, :)

Jo

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 02:31 PM
musicman100
Total Posts:  71
Joined  08-12-2002

although you must have a flash board installed, inspiration in a flash in available free from download with some nice synth patches and waveforms
and the free offer of the special motif inspiration flash software package is avaialble with the CS80 among others
were you entitled to the free offer?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2013 @ 05:44 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

although you must have a flash board installed, inspiration in a flash in available free from download with some nice synth patches and waveforms
and the free offer of the special motif inspiration flash software package is avaialble with the CS80 among others

while it would be a good thing to expand the XF with the Flash board! you do not require it to load sample libraries to the Motif XF.

It comes with 128MB of SDRAM (volatile memory) right out of the box. So you can load data up to the 128MB limit. This means you cannot load the “Inspiration In a Flash” data in its entirety (466MB) but you can load individual Banks of data using the Load TYPE = “1Bank Voice” or you can load individual Voices until you reach the 128Mb limit.

The data has been broken down to smaller sets for this purpose. The Flash Board of course, allows you to keep the new Samples and a Waveforms always accessible for use (even after power down and back up).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2013 @ 05:53 AM
musicman100
Total Posts:  71
Joined  08-12-2002
Bad_Mister - 13 December 2013 05:44 AM

while it would be a good thing to expand the XF with the Flash board! you do not require it to load sample libraries to the Motif XF.

It comes with 128MB of SDRAM (volatile memory) right out of the box. So you can load data up to the 128MB limit. This means you cannot load the “Inspiration In a Flash” data in its entirety (466MB) but you can load individual Banks of data using the Load TYPE = “1Bank Voice” or you can load individual Voices until you reach the 128Mb limit.

The data has been broken down to smaller sets for this purpose. The Flash Board of course, allows you to keep the new Samples and a Waveforms always accessible for use (even after power down and back up).

Maybe I need to clean my glasses LOL but I thought the OP said he has the MOXF and not the MOTIF XF????

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 13, 2013 @ 08:55 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Got your Rolands, Jupiters, Oberheims, Prophets, and more here:

http://shop.motifator.com/index.php/voice-libraries/moxf/vintage-keys-voice-bank-for-yamaha-motif-mo-x.html

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Whats up with the shop? NO product after payment..
Next Topic:

iPad Air adapter for MOXF?? ››