mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Upgrade Cubase AI6 to latest Cubase version"

Posted on: December 11, 2013 @ 04:15 PM
YorkshireLakeside
Total Posts:  46
Joined  06-15-2013

What upgrade options are there from Cubase AI6 to the latest versions of Cubase?

ie: what would it cost to upgrade to Cubase AI7 or Cubase 7.5

I’m looking for some good deals.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 07:09 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

There is no upgrade from AI to AI - that is not ever possible. AI is a free copy that introduces you to the wonders of the world of computer based recording.

You can upgrade to a full version of the program like Cubase 7.5

http://www.steinberg.net

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 12, 2013 @ 03:06 PM
YorkshireLakeside
Total Posts:  46
Joined  06-15-2013

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/cubase/line_up.html

Would you say ‘Cubase Elements 7’ has the same features as AI6 plus more - will the remote features still work on the MX?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2013 @ 05:09 PM
blutuu
Total Posts:  55
Joined  10-06-2010
Bad_Mister - 12 December 2013 07:09 AM

I looked into AI 7, but was unsure if I was eligible to get it. I got AI 5 3 years ago when I got my XS 8. Is that the only version I’m able to get?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2013 @ 05:50 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If by “able to get” you mean FOR FREE… then yes, one purchase one copy. You’ve been using it for three years… !!! Yikes! The idea was to entice you to purchase a full version of Cubase. The full version features many more innovative features.

You get a discount when upgrading from AI ... The current version is Cubase 7.5

Just FYI be careful when updating drivers and software, as you are reaching the point where Cubase series 5 is becoming non-compliant with newer updates. When that happens you will need to not update.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2013 @ 05:57 PM
blutuu
Total Posts:  55
Joined  10-06-2010

I figured that Cubase AI was made specific for the XS or similar Yamaha products. I thought I had all I needed and never thought about upgrading. I’ll look into it if it can indeed work fine with my keyboard. Thanks for the reply.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 30, 2013 @ 10:16 AM
KostasT
Total Posts:  90
Joined  04-06-2013

I had received a promo e-mail from Steinberg on 26th of October for a free Cubase Elements 7 trial and an upgrade option for Cubase Elements 7 from Cubase AI 6 / 7 for 39.99 euros instead of 99.99 euros normal price (but I haven’t gone into it yet).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 10, 2014 @ 09:49 AM
musicadi
Total Posts:  77
Joined  03-26-2007
Bad_Mister - 12 December 2013 07:09 AM

There is no upgrade from AI to AI - that is not ever possible. AI is a free copy that introduces you to the wonders of the world of computer based recording.

BadMister, I requested and received a DVD with Cubase AI based on the serial number of my XS6, as I lost the original one. On the new DVD there’s AI7 and I can’t figure out how to activate it. Steinberg is requesting a download code, but I don’t have the manual and even if I did, my XS6 came with AI5 I think, so the activation process would differ I suppose.

I did email German support for help and they sent me the instructions, but those were for AI6. I emailed them again but I guess they will only read it on Monday and I’m kinda anxious to get this working.

Thank you for your help!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MX tools v2.3.0 released
Next Topic:

MX61 footpedal use ››