mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Cubase 7 (7.5) Yamaha Motif XF compatibility"

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 08:49 PM
Verda Lumo
Total Posts:  54
Joined  05-24-2011

I used to work with Cubase AI5, AI6, acquired Cubase 7. I use as a controller , MIDI keyboard and sound card with Yamaha MOTIF XF audio interface FW16E. Faced with the problem of compatibility function remote control MOTIF XF in recent versions of Cubase ( 7 and 7.5 ) .
Many features bidirectional interaction DAW workstation and in those versions do not work - in fact, it certainly worked in Cubase 5 and 6 , stopped working in version 7 , version 7.5 has further deteriorated. For example stopped working track selection in Cubase with Motif synthesizer panel , almost all innovations Cubase 7 and 7.5 are not controlled by Motif. Prompt, knowledgeable people , is there a way to bring a stable and comfortable work MOTIF XF as a controller for Cubase? Or will this work will be implemented in upcoming updates Cubase and (or ) Motif? Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 09:08 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry that you are having issues, but as far as I can tell all functions work just fine.
Want to troubleshoot your problem please post details. Either you’ve forgotten how it works or have missed some thing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 10:14 PM
Verda Lumo
Joined  05-24-2011

My Motif XF6 connected to the computer via WIN7x64 FW16E - map PCI. Installed Motif Extension V1.1.1, Yamaha Steinberg FW Driver V1.6.5 for Win7x64, Motif OS 1.40.1. In the settings menu in Cubase Device Setup - Remote selected Motif XF Remote. Earlier I used Cubase 7 Elements, then bought the full version of Cubase 7 , now updated to version 7.5 DAW . Now I have installed both programs ( 7.0.6 and 7.5). In both versions of the Motif XF Editor (1.6.0 Winx64) works without problems , changes made to the synthesizer (panorama , customization tools , filters, etc. ) occur in the DAW.
But the same settings in 7.0.6 I can switch tracks in Cubase, with the Digital Keyboard in Cubase 7.5 it does not work , have to switch them and synthesizer and Cubase. Also, when you enable Remote ( configured as a DAW selected Cubase) in Cubase 7.5 ( and 7 ) , all information disappears Track Inspector. Also settings are not displayed in the Motif Instrument Rack Cubase as a Quick Control, which may be associated with new features not yet supported by the operating system Motif. Maybe I should put Cubase 7.5 on a clean system , and not as an update. And wait for a possible update OS Motif. I am very used to virtually unconditional interaction Cubase and Motif, that I forgot the old days with my Ensoniq TS10 and Cubase VST, when it was necessary to prescribe bank instruments , program and other control messages MIDI :)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2013 @ 02:08 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Thank you for the information, I will check into it for you and report back.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2013 @ 08:20 PM
Verda Lumo
Joined  05-24-2011

Apparently I’m alone with this problem. Do not configure Cubase 7.5 and MOTIF XF so that when you switch tracks with Motif panel they also crossed into the sequencer, as in previous versions of Cubase. Apparently, I’m too spoiled by previous versions of Cubase. Reinstalling Drivers and Cubase also did not help. After the Christmas holidays will try to reinstall the system.
My question to the forum Steinberg also remains without a solution....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 08, 2014 @ 07:54 PM
Verda Lumo
Joined  05-24-2011

Reinstalling the operating system and software, unfortunately did not help. Function select a track in Cubase 7.5 by selecting the appropriate track panel Motif XF is still not available. :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2014 @ 02:48 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Thank you for bumping this thread… I have since updated to Cubase 7.5

And I believe in an effort to improve the function they have actually broken it. But perhaps some one thinks it works properly now. I poked around in Cubase 7.5 and have found they added the behavior that we know from all previous versions: that is, when you select a track the corresponding PART of the plug-in is automatically selected and when select a PART in the Editor its corresponding Cubase MIDI Track is selected.

Go to Cubase Preferences > VST > Plug-ins > they have added a parameter called “Synchronize Plug-in program selection to Track Selection”

This parameter was not previously in any Cubase version I can recall… Looks like in making it an official parameter they broke the function.

If you notice in previous versions this parameter is not even available… And currently there is no mention of it in the Steinberg documentation.

Please contact Steinberg through your MySteinberg Account and report this behavior. I will do the same, I’m sure now that it is an official parameter, they actually want it to work.

Curious to know if the next setting, ‘“Plug-in editors “Always on Top”’ is working either… The default seems to be checked, but unchecking it, Applying and then hitting OK does not change the Always on Top behavior.

These appear to be bugs… Please report them directly via MySteinberg… This is the quickest way to get these things addressed.

Thanks for reporting this ...

Image Attachments
VST preferences.png
  [ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 09, 2014 @ 05:10 AM
Verda Lumo
Joined  05-24-2011

Thanks for your participation! I will follow your advice and write to Steinberg. If there is a response, or tip, I’ll write in this topic.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: January 24, 2014 @ 02:04 AM
Verda Lumo
Joined  05-24-2011

Hooray! After installing the firmware update 1.50 and Motif Editor 1.6.3 solved my problem. Thanks Yamaha!

[ Ignore ]