mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "How Do I Load from the USB drive to the 512 Flash Memory Expansion Module on the MOXF?"

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 03:40 PM
rufusn
Total Posts:  10
Joined  12-06-2013

It seems to go to the main memory by default. Which is alreay full with the files that came with the synth.

Once downloaded is there a way to see what’s on the expansion module or to access it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 04:26 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

Best of luck to all who endeavor to master a Motif.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 05:55 PM
rufusn
Joined  12-06-2013

I just wish someone on this forum would offer a simple, non-personal technical answer to my technical question(s), refraining from using words like “evident”, “appears”, “you might want to”. etc. etc.  In each reply to my several questions I feel like I’m reading a constraint between the lines that tells me I Am Not Worthy UNLESS I READ THE FULL MANUALS.

If you don’t have an answer why reply at all? Just because you can and it’s free?  Should a person in my position feel grateful because someone offered a non-reply reply to my question and said absolutely nothing related to what I were asking?

I was merely asking if there is a way to read the expansion module to see what’s loaded on it, or how to access what I have put on it.  I didn’t ask for a link to my post of three days ago.

For those who might be of the strong conviction that one has to master the technical aspect of this synth in order to “deserve” to enjoy it:

When I wish to open a Photoshop file in order to create commercial art design I do not call Adobe to ask them how to open and save a file.  Personal computers have been around long enough that a five-year old knows how to perform this task.  And the pull-down menus concept has been around for over a decade as well - so opening a file is not a task worth venting uselessly about on some forum.  Photoshop’s file system is evidently transparent and has nothing to do with what “I” do.

Similarly, working with the file system of a 2013 model synth should not be preventing me with all its might from finding a simple answer to understanding file hierachy and getting on my marry way to enjoying the music I make.

Good Mister, why is there not a concise explanation of how things work that “effectively translate” what we, the younger generation already know about how computers work - without so much as mentioning what we “don’t” know or have a concept of, such as what the rpm of old phonograph records means or how, until a few years ago there were no such things as expanded memory but only static memory that erased anything put into it during a session? - For comparison, the space shuttle’s main computer initially only had 424kb before going to a whopping 1mb of RAM.  This didn’t mean a thing except for the fact there were some planning-for-the-future-unenlightened engineers working at NASA who didn’t have the foresight to write a programming language that could easily be upgraded with new hardware as it became available without having to rebuild the entire space shuttle itself.

So is it possible to offer an answer to my simple question - where do those files loaded onto the memory module go, what do their extensions mean and where can one retrieve them from once they are loaded?

Can we just forget what the PDF said and offer some simple, 21st century understaning here for one of your valued Yamaha customers? - Just the facts, if you can concise them.  IF it’s too complicated, so be it.

Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 07:03 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011

Wow...so much for trying to help 5pinDIN

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 07:50 PM
stoneb3
Total Posts:  851
Joined  06-05-2011

He should have known better. It’s obvious we’re dealing with some above average intelligence here. Rocket science and mastery of photo shop to boot.

Throw out the pdfs, they’re useless.
1. the files load to where you direct them
2. the extensions indicate their content
3. the files are retrieved from where you directed them

Not sure how you calculate your worth as a valued customer, personally I think your stock has fallen.

Good luck with the NASA thing.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 09:03 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

“How Do I Load from the USB drive to the 512 Flash Memory Expansion Module on the MOXF?”

You press [FILE]
Set the TYPE = ALL
Press [F3] LOAD
Mark the box for loading WAVEFORM and SAMPLES
Highlight the ALL data file - MOXF “ALL” data files have the extension .X6A
Press [SF1] EXEC

The MOXF will load the VOICE data to the USER 1, USER 2, USER 3 and DRUM USER banks, It will load the PERFORMANCES to the USER 1 and USER 2 PERFORMANCE banks.. It will load the SONGs in that file to the SONG location and the PATTERNs to the PATERN locations and the MASTERs to the MASTER locations. And the audio SAMPLES will be installed on your FLASH Board and the WAVEFORMS will be listed in your internal WAVEFORM list.

It could not be easier or less complicated. Not sure why you think it is as complicated as PhotoShop - not even close.

Once the Samples and Waveforms are installed on your Flash Board they will remain there until you either FORMAT the Board or or DELETE them. You can load other files, but when you want to load the Voices in the file that originally loaded you can do so without the Waveforms and without the Samples because they are already in memory.

Once installed you simply leave the WITH WAVEFORM box empty and the WITH SAMPLE box empty - because the Waveforms and Samples are already in memory.

Oh, and by the way, the data that is in the USER VOICE memory are all repeat VOICES found elsewhere among the PRESETS. The USER VOICES are all occupied by what we call “placeholder” Voices. Please fell free to OVERWRITE these Voices they are all duplicates (in case you had not noticed).

If the reference in your post to “Good Mister” was some kind of dig at me… I can take it. I don’t really remember replying to you at all. So I’ll just welcome you to the forum AS A NEW POSTER (Anyway). And the name is Bad Mister, not “Good Mister”
:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 09:09 PM
rufusn
Joined  12-06-2013

Thank you SO much for taking taking the time to reply and make it concise.

It is making sense… Thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 09:11 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 09 December 2013 07:03 PM

Wow...so much for trying to help 5pinDIN

I’ve edited my post so as to not offend anyone.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 09:32 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
rufusn - 09 December 2013 09:09 PM

Thank you SO much for taking taking the time to reply and make it concise.

It is making sense… Thanks.

By the way, to add to the explanation from Bad_Mister, if you should find a parameter screen you don’t comprehend, simply snap a picture and PhotoShop it until it makes sense to you .

[ Ignore ]