mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "FIREWIRE CARD FOR DESKTOP COMPUTER"

Posted on: December 05, 2013 @ 03:23 PM
TheDukester
Total Posts:  3345
Joined  01-18-2003

I am having a computer (PC) built for the upgrade to Cubase 7 and all future music projects.

I already have a card in my existing computer that I have had for several years. Adeptec, I believe. I was wondering if there is something on the market newer and possibly more efficient for my system.

I will be using the XS for most of my work.

Any suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 06, 2013 @ 02:19 PM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Hi Dukester,
Pleased you are finally working on obtaining a newer computer, and I hope you enjoy it. There are MANY companies who sell firewire cards (just Google them), but IMO one of the best companies is Sonnet Products, and their products are readily available in the US. For example, click on the link below, scroll down and you will find a couple of choices. Hope this helps a little. Cheers........frank

http://www.sonnettech.com/product/computercards/index.html

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 09, 2013 @ 03:33 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

Thanks for hitting me back, frankE. Looking at this lineup, the Tango 3 PCIE with the Firewire and USB ports looks appealing. It looks as though I can not only attach the Firewire cable but the eLicense as well.

What do you think? I would post the link, but I forgot how (DUH!!).

Thanks again. I am excited for the upgrade in computer and to Cubase 7.5.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2013 @ 08:37 AM
frankE
Total Posts:  5350
Joined  12-23-2002

Oh no problem recommending that one, Dukester, since I have an earlier version of it and it’s been running flawlessly for 4 years now. :) Sounds like a good choice and Sonnet is a company with a great reputation and solid products. Do let us know if we can be of further assistance as well. Cheers.....................frank

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 10, 2013 @ 08:54 AM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

Thanks again,frankE! This one seems to cover my needs for my workstation and the eLicense for the software. My ‘hope’ is that they are assembling my computer as I ‘type’ and it ‘should’ be ready by the weekend.

I’ll give you some feedback as I utilize the system. Thank you so much....yet again!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 03:39 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

I hate to ‘double post’ as I asked this question in the XS area, but I am trying to get the ‘transmission’ from XS to Cubase via the Firewire.

I want to know what the difference is between a ‘6-4 pin’ and a ‘9-6 pin’.

Somehow I got the idea that ‘9-6’ was the way to go, but I see the ‘6-4’ everywhere and wondering was I ‘misinformed’.

How will one over the other affect the transfer of Tracks from the XS to Cubase? What if any are the limits as to how many I can transfer at a time? I’m going back to 44.1 fron the 96 I was transfering Tracks in as much a I’m not going through the 01V96 via mLan.

I’m about ready to set things up and I am down to just this cable connection.

Thanks in advance for any clarity offered.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 03:58 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

All FireWire connectors are compatible. 9-pin is almost a square connector, the 4-pin is a tiny connector found on smaller 3.5 inch drives, cameras, and laptops.

The size FW jack on the FW16E is a 6-pin. Simply get the connector you require, there is no difference in performance. None.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 21, 2013 @ 11:00 PM
TheDukester
Joined  01-18-2003

Thanks, Bad 1. Just wanted to be sure. I did read the User Guide and I guess it gave me some doubts in the way of function.

TBxR!!!

[ Ignore ]