mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MASTER MODE"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 01:33 PM
Joshman
Total Posts:  208
Joined  10-28-2013

Is this a true statement: All of the sounds, performances, voices , songs etc that occupy all of the spaces in the Master Mode can also be found under voices, songs and performances as well. ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 01:50 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Joshman - 04 December 2013 01:33 PM

Is this a true statement: All of the sounds, performances, voices , songs etc that occupy all of the spaces in the Master Mode can also be found under voices, songs and performances as well. ?

Well, in a manner of speaking.  Anything in Master Mode originates in one of the other Modes first...a MASTER is associated with a VOICE, a PERFORMANCE, a PATTERN, or a SONG.

So...yes, all of the stuff you listed will also be found elsewhere.

Now, that does not mean that certain edits (Such as note limits, octave shifts, etc) cannot be done in MASTER Mode on it’s own!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 02:02 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

Ok .. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 02:47 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshman - 04 December 2013 01:33 PM

It depends on what you mean by “also” and “as well”. The “sounds, voices, songs and performances” aren’t contained within a Master, they’re just referenced by it.

To get a better sense of the relationship, capture a Bulk Dump of a Voice, and note the byte count. Then do the same for a Performance comprising four Parts. Then again, for a Master. If you weren’t aware of how Voices, Performances, and Masters related, the byte-count ratio might be surprising. A Master has a substantially smaller byte count because it doesn’t actually contain the full data of a Voice, Performance, etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 02:55 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

I’m still not understanding how to store something to master mode but, perhaps it’s covered in the instructional video that I purchased.
but I think of Master Mode as a mode to use when gigging with stage settings or performances etc ready to go and easily accessed

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 03:13 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshman - 04 December 2013 02:55 PM

I’m still not understanding how to store something to master mode but, perhaps it’s covered in the instructional video that I purchased.
but I think of Master Mode as a mode to use when gigging with stage settings or performances etc ready to go and easily accessed

I think of a Master as a convenient way of organizing and/or routing things related to a Voice, Performance, or Sequence.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 03:40 PM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013

From the support section…
MASTER mode - where you can organize your programs into a single Bank, offers control of both internal and external devices via MIDI. The only mode that allows you to transmit on multiple MIDI channels simultaneously.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
MASTER mode was the main reason for my choice of an MOFX.
As I have an external device, it,s an vital mode for me to learn.

I have set up some Masters and they work well!
Still I have only touched on whats really possible!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 03:42 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
Joshman - 04 December 2013 02:55 PM

Well, you certainly aren’t off-base to think of using Master Mode for that purpose.

It also does a lot more than that.

Master Mode is kind of in the deeper end of the pool, so you probably want to have a very good grasp of the the primary Modes (VOICE, PERFORMANCE, SONG(Mixing), PATTERN(Mixing) before making the leap to Master Mode.

There is an excellent article available on Master Mode for the XF, but I am not linking to it here until someone answers this question:

Is there a better (More applicable) Master Mode resource article for the MOX and MOXF than the XF version?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 04:56 PM
jazz.preest
Total Posts:  263
Joined  06-06-2013

Don’t believe there is one specific to the MOX; however there is alot of info in threads as well as a good article on how to use the master mode to assign volume control to each part in a performance that is referenced in the master mode…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 05:55 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011

Here is the Master Mode article for the XF.  The main principles of Master Mode use can be translated to the MOX/MOXF from this article, although the specific steps and capabilities will not be identical obviously.

Master Mode Motif XF

If someone has a link to a more applicable article for the MOXF, please post it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 09:13 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The Motif XF is so very different from the MOXF in this regard - the article for the Motif XF will only serve to confuse. Oh, the concepts are similar but the Motif XF has 8 Knobs and 8 Sliders, and has 8 Zones… the MOXF does not.

Articles for the MOX and MOXF will go live shortly - they are being proofed right now. Standby.

Understanding Master Mode: MOXF6/MOXF8

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 09:22 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
Bad_Mister - 04 December 2013 09:13 PM

The Motif XF is so very different from the MOXF in this regard - the article for the Motif XF will only serve to confuse. Oh, the concepts are similar but the Motif XF has 8 Knobs and 8 Sliders, and has 8 Zones… the MOXF does not.

Articles for the MOX and MOXF will go live shortly - they are being proofed right now. Standby.

Thanks Bad_Mister.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2013 @ 12:21 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013
Bad_Mister - 04 December 2013 09:13 PM

Hmmm I only get an blank page via this link??

EDIT: Sorry I should read all of it huh....will visit later:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2013 @ 04:27 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

The articles will give you an overview of the Master mode and some tips. But for details about its workings and features the Reference Manual is extremely valuable and remains required reading!

I think the biggest concept to grasp is that MASTER mode is always going to be combined with a VOICE, with a PERFORMANCE, a SONG or a PATTERN.

Notice that two MODE lights are lit:
MASTER + VOICE
MASTER + PERFORM
MASTER + SONG
MASTER + PATTERN

It depends on the data in the associated (linked) mode. It is just a set of “pointers” and “offsets”

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2013 @ 04:51 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013

Don`t forget the powers of the Mixing Mode when doing Masters with songs & patters.

I noticed something in Mixer Mode yesterday that I missed totally!!

I knew I could hit VCE ED and change some voice options.

What I had missed is the fact that you can save “mix Voices”!:)

Just wondering the Motif XF can save 256 Mix Voices (In pairs of 16), if I am correct?

But how many can the MOFX save?

I looked trough the manual but could not find that info?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2013 @ 05:15 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
MeMyselfAndI64 - 05 December 2013 04:51 AM

[...] Just wondering the Motif XF can save 256 Mix Voices (In pairs of 16), if I am correct?

But how many can the MOFX save?

I looked trough the manual but could not find that info?

The information is in the Specifications on page 73 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual.

Mixing Voices: 16 Voices per Song/Pattern (up to 256 Voices)

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ LAYER / SPLIT OPTIONS
Next Topic:

Motif XF Premium Collection DVD Download Question ››