mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF6/8 EDIT OCTAVE OF A VOICE WITHIN A PERFORMANCE"

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 06:12 AM
Joshman
Total Posts:  208
Joined  10-28-2013

When triggering the MOXF6 from another keyboard some voices are not in the same octave.  I looked in the pdf manual typed in octave but didn’t get the answer I was looking for.
How do I change the octave of a voice within a performance or for that matter even just change the octave of a voice so that my other controlling keyboard and the MOXF6 will be in the same octave?

I am not referring to the octave buttons because that only seemed to change the octave of the MOXF6 keyboard itself but not from the controlling keyboard.

Many Thanks
Sincerely,
If you know what page in the pdf or other manual please indicate
Thanks so much

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 06:35 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

How do I change the octave of a voice within a performance

The parameter is Part Edit parameter (do you understand why you would look here first?)
The parameter is called NOTE SHIFT… +/-24 semitones.

From your PERFORMANCE
Press [EDIT]
Press a PART SELECT button [1]-[4] to select the Part
Press [F4] TONE
Press [SF1] TUNE
Set the parameter as you desire.
(It’s page 68 of the PDF REFERENCE MANUAL)

Just FYI: Yamaha offsets all the internal bass sounds plus one octave… Being principally a musical instrument company that is keyboard-centric, we highly disagreed with the MIDI convention that (from our perspective) offsets the bass Voices by an Octave.

In the keyboard centric world of Yamaha, you should be able to reach the lowest note on a bass or bass guitar even if you own a 61 key keyboard. Ever notice how GM sounds the bass does not reach low enough to play the low “E” of a bass… Without changing your keyboard transmit…

So you will find the GM Bank basses in most Yamaha synths are an octave higher than the internal Bass sounds. To play the low “E” on a GM bass you must Transpose the keyboard.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 07:13 AM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

Many Thanks Bad_Mister
I should have remembered that from the MX61 !  Yes it was Part Edit ..
Thanks for all of the information and all of your help..
Can’t wait to get the instructional video you suggested - should be here any day now…
I trust that all of your efforts helping me will not go in vain Perhaps others with similar questions can access the answers to similar questions via the Archives on this Motifator Forum
I have been making an effort to type the topic as clearly and distinctly as possible for that reason..
Thanks Again

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 09:02 AM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

Got the DVD today !! Great !!
One question so far .....

When adding the drums to the performance from the Arpg Edit mode is there a way to scroll through specific drum styles ? I saw that you can scroll through for example Jazz, Latin etc. But once selected is there a sup category of different jazz feels perhaps 5/4 or different Latin Feels such as Bosa, or Tango etc..??
Many Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 10:18 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You have the keyboard now, right?
No, no matter how many Sub Categories you’d still have to listen to the arps anyway, right?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 10:28 AM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

Yes and I did notice that on the screen there are 6 options for arps each one gives a different jazz beat.. So that will work. But now I’ve been searching the manual to figure out how to name or rename a performance.  I was looking on page 22 of the Manual but its not clear on how to get to the first window it seems that step is not indicated ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 10:52 AM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Joshman - 04 December 2013 10:28 AM

Yes and I did notice that on the screen there are 6 options for arps each one gives a different jazz beat.. So that will work. But now I’ve been searching the manual to figure out how to name or rename a performance.  I was looking on page 22 of the Manual but its not clear on how to get to the first window it seems that step is not indicated ?

See page 59 of the MOXF Reference Manual, EDIT...COMMON EDIT [SF1] NAME.  This is the screen to name the PERFORMANCE from.

Once you are on this screen, refer back to page 22 of the Owner’s Manual for specifics on inputting the name characters.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 10:54 AM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

Thank you so kindly, Go it !!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 11:57 AM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

By The Way Bad_Mister:
Awesome job on the instructional video.. It is very helpful -
Just taking one chapter at a time and learning all that I can from each .. Just finished the performance creator chapter and practiced building a few of my own performances.
Problem is when storing, I am having a very difficult time deciding which factory performances to write over because they are all so good ..
Wish there were some blank User spaces ..
Many Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 12:13 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
Joshman - 04 December 2013 11:57 AM

Problem is when storing, I am having a very difficult time deciding which factory performances to write over because they are all so good ..
Wish there were some blank User spaces ..
Many Thanks

Hopefully you made a “Factory ALL File” that will allow ease of reloading specific factory PERFORMANCES you overwrite should you want to in the future...!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 12:29 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

OOPS ! I did not !
If I reinitialize set to factory presets can I then do it ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 12:32 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
Joshman - 04 December 2013 12:29 PM

OOPS ! I did not !
If I reinitialize set to factory presets can I then do it ?

Yes...you can and should!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 12:35 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

ok
Initialize under utility / job ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 01:44 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
Joshman - 04 December 2013 12:35 PM

ok
Initialize under utility / job ?

Yes...per instructions for Factory Set on page 20 of the MOXF Owner’s Manual.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 04, 2013 @ 02:03 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

Yes, found it got it Done
Now I have a Factory All Save File ..
Many Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using built in Yamaha USB/Audio Interface
Next Topic: