mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF6/8 MODES NAVIGATION VOICE PERFORMANCE MASTER"

Posted on: December 02, 2013 @ 08:12 AM
Joshman
Total Posts:  208
Joined  10-28-2013

I was in Church Sunday playing for service and I discovered that I really didn’t understand how to call up Voices, Performance’s etc.

I can scroll but it takes too long - So I understand that Master Mode was designed for this the first question is:
How do I place something in Master Mode? And when I do it will remove or replace one of the presets already stored there correct since it comes from the factory already loaded in every bank and preset. When it removes the previous performance at that location it does not remove it from the device correct just from that folder so to speak?

But if I understand it correctly Putting something in Master Mode is for convenience to access favorites and most usable Songs/ Voices/ Performances etc. Correct? 

Is there an easy way to access a voice, performance, or song using the buttons ?
Do I have to scroll to the category first and then punch in the location?

Thank you all so much
Sincerely,
Josh

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2013 @ 10:41 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013

Easiest way is to add Voices and Performances to the favorites.

When it comes to master mode (You can do a lot:)
Read The Manuals then ask a bit more specific about what you don`t understand.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 02, 2013 @ 11:19 AM
Joshman
Total Posts:  208
Joined  10-28-2013

I printed out the entire section in the manual on Master Mode and just didn’t get it
Sorry ,
Not as technically blessed as you all,but on the other hand I am in music ministry and also a professional musician that has spent well over $50,000.00 on Yamaha Products in the past 20 years.  I appreciate all of your help with folks like me who may not be as technically inclined as many of you all are. The specific questions that I asked above are a result of my reading the manual but just didn’t quite understand it all I guess..
I do apologize
Sincerely,
Josh

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2013 @ 01:24 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

Adding Voices and Performances to the favorites doesn’t really address the scrolling problem. Putting them into Masters will, but if you want to start more simply, the easiest way to access your favorite voices from buttons is just to use the Store button to also put those voices into USER locations. You don’t have to worry about erasing anything, because everything in a USER location from the factory is only a copy of a Voice that is also somewhere else. So, to start, take your 16 favorite Voices and put them into the first 16 locations of USER Bank 1. Now all you have to do is navigate to User Bank 1, and each of those 16 sounds are accessible by directly hitting one of the 16 buttons.

Performances are a little tricker, because even though they don’t actually include sounds of their own (all the voices that make up a performance are also available individually in voice mode), you may like some of the sample combinations they came up with, and they *will* be erased if you put something else into the same location, so you may want to move things around so that all the Performances you want can be accessed where you want them.

Master mode allows you to have each button call up either a song or a performance (and also does other things), but if you’re finding it confusing, you can start with the approach above. But if you want to play with the Master locations, this is another case where you don’t have to worry about erasing anything. Every Voice in Master mode is also available in Voice mode; every Performance is available in Performance mode. Masters don’t actually have sounds of their own… they are probably best thought of as “shortcuts” or “aliases” (to use Windows and Mac speak) to sounds that actually reside elsewhere.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Swing on moxf
Next Topic:

ATTN: MOX / MOXF Users! ››