mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Are the Motif XF USB drivers compatible with OSX Mavericks?"

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 11:57 AM
valmundo
Total Posts:  207
Joined  07-02-2005

I am trying to hold off on upgrading my OS but would like to know if the driver has been confirmed to work in the latest Apple OS.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 01:09 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

“Are the Motif XF USB drivers compatible with OSX Mavericks?”

We are confused by the question as there is only one DRIVER that the Motif XF uses for USB.

Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver V1.3.2 for Mac (10.5.8 / 10.6.8 / 10.7.5 / 10.8.x / 10.9.x)

So it has been approved for Mavericks, 10.9.x

If by drivers (plural) you are referring to the other SOFTWARE (Motif XF Editor, Motif XF Extensions for Steinberg) we are still awaiting announcement on those.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 03, 2013 @ 04:44 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Compatibility Test Results

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 05:27 PM
scottluke@utexas.edu
Total Posts:  4
Joined  10-07-2013

REALLY???????? 

Because I have had NO luck at getting my Motif XF8 driver to be compatible with my MacBook Pro running OSX 10.9.2. I was told by a Yamaha tech that the driver will not work on 10.9.2 and he didn’t know when Yamaha would update the driver to work with 10.9.2. I know Apple is going to release 10.9.3 soon and some of the audio issues with other makers will be resolved (got this word from Presonus related to my AudioBox 22VSL).

Bad Mister, if you have any info on this I would appreciate an update.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: April 22, 2014 @ 08:55 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Wish I could help you - the topic here is Mavericks and the USB-MIDI driver, but you are talking about audio. The Motif XF does not do audio via the USB “TO HOST” port. So when you were talking with tech were you talking about the Motif XF USB (MIDI only) driver or something else? (The XF also uses an ASIO FireWire driver to communicate with computers for MIDI and Audio simultaneously).

The only information I have is the Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver V1.3.2 for Mac (10.5.8 / 10.6.8 / 10.7.5 / 10.8.x / 10.9.x) has been tested and is working as intended.

Not sure where you get your inside info on when Apple is going to release something (as those are usually very closely guarded secrets).

If you check the link on my post from 12/3/2013 you will find that all the Editors and Extensions are now fully compatible with Mavericks.

If you are having issues please post the version and screenshots of the SYSTEM PREFERENCES > OTHER > Yamaha USB-MIDI Driver (Control Panel).

[ Ignore ]