mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Bank & program change"

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 04:39 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013

I have an Integra 7 and I have done Song/pattern masters with the Zone swith on.
I successfully can send Bank & program changes.
when I select the master on my MOFX the Integra 7 loads the specific Studio Set.

My question now is can I send bank & program changes without having the Zone swith on? If so how…

The story:
I have done some masters with mixed outputs some channels with voices from the MOFX some with Integra 7!
Kind of Mixed favorites between the 2 synths using all 16 channels.

Now how can I get the MOFX to send an Program change to the Integra when I select the master?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 05:38 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

My question now is can I send bank & program changes without having the Zone swith on? If so how…

The MOXF can send Bank select and Program Changes in the following ways:

Master mode with the Zone Switch set ON, and the options for BANK SELECT and PROGRAM CHANGE activated. This will allow you to send as many as four messages… Four MIDI channels.

Use the Song sequencer, it has 16 Tracks, a different Bank Select/Program Change message can be placed on each Track.

Sorry, we do not know the module you are addressing, but most multi timbral modules can recall their own 16 Part Setups using one global message. Like when you recall a SONG on the MOXF, it automatically recalls the 16 Voices you stored in the 16 Parts.

But if you want individually recall each of 16 (which seems what you are asking) then the Sequencer is the way to go.

You can instruct your internal MOXF to ignore these messages if you wish (or if necessary)
You can input BANK SELECT and PROGRAM CHANGES on each track so that the external device can respond.

Master mode can only send the commands (4 of them) on four channels and must have the Zone Switch to do it.
A sequence can address your external module on all sixteen channels with sixteen different commands.

Hope that helps.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 06:23 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013

Thanks! I will look more into it.

Integra 7 “studio Set” is an 16 Part Setup.

Still If I add the program change to an song, and then put that song in an master (without enabling Zones) will the Program Change from the song work then?

My thought was that it is easier to stay in the same mode (Master)
And Just change masters....I am lazy I know:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 06:32 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Still If I add the program change to an song, and then put that song in an master (without enabling Zones) will the Program Change from the song work then?

Yes, it will. Simply recall the MASTER and press the Sequencer [PLAY] button

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 06:35 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013

HUGE thanks! Then it will work as I want it!!
The MOXF modes awesome as they are can get confusing at times:)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ FIRMWARE UPDATE MOXF6/8
Next Topic:

Save display content to BMP image ››