mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF6/8 FLASH"

Page 1 of 4
Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 12:59 PM
Joshman
Total Posts:  208
Joined  10-28-2013

I Was wondering if the flash feature required the purchase of some hardware ? If so is it included in the premium package promo ?
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 01:03 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshman - 29 November 2013 12:59 PM

I Was wondering if the flash feature required the purchase of some hardware ? If so is it included in the premium package promo ?
thanks

Is it really necessary to keep asking the same question?

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470348/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 01:57 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

I am sorry - I didn’t get an answer so I thought maybe it didn’t get posted.. My Bad .. :(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 02:21 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshman - 29 November 2013 01:57 PM

I am sorry - I didn’t get an answer so I thought maybe it didn’t get posted.. My Bad .. :(

No problem.

For anyone wondering what’s in the Premium Collection:
http://usa.yamaha.com/about_yamaha/corporate_information/product_rebates_and_promotions/moxf_collection_promo/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 02:23 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

Thanks a bunch 5Pin

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 02:10 AM
Dromeus
Total Posts:  64
Joined  02-09-2012

too bad we non-US residents are left in the dust :-(

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 04:08 AM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

I have some basic questions about Flash

Once Flash is installed, how are songs /samples accessed from flash?

When I take my MOXF6/8 out of the Box and fire it up for the very first time, Is there any flash already installed on the device ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 05:45 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshman - 01 December 2013 04:08 AM

I have some basic questions about Flash

When I take my MOXF6/8 out of the Box and fire it up for the very first time, Is there any flash already installed on the device ?

Many of your questions can be answered by referring to the MOXF manuals. Even before you have a MOXF, you can get them via download:
http://www.yamaha.co.jp/manual/english/result.php?div_code=emi&model=MOXF

Once you have the MOXF Reference Manual, see the diagram on page 22 - it hopefully will help you understand the various types of memory that are standard or optional.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 06:06 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

SONGs are not accessed from Flash. Only sampled audio is written to the Flash Board.

Your Song data remains in the MOXF’s internal Flash ROM (which is different from the Flash Board). Right now, before you install the Flash Board, notice how User Voices, Performances, Songs, Patterns, user Arps, even your Utility mode settings all remain in memory between power down and power up. This is because they are stored in the MOXF’s internal Flash ROM.

When you recall a Voice that Voice is made up of several components.... Oscillator, Filter, Amplifier…
The oscillator is a “sample”. This sample currently is one of 3977 that Yamaha burned into the Preset Wave ROM of the MOXF.

Take a look:
Go to VOICE mode
Recall a Voice
Press [EDIT]
Press numbered button [1] to view Element 1 parameters
Press [F1] OSC (oscillator)
Press [SF1] WAVE

This is the screen where this Voice has the assigned Waveform from one of the 3977 Waveforms in the Preset Wave ROM.
Highlight the “Wave Bank” and change it from “preset” to “user”
“User” here will be one of 2048 User Waveforms… These currently are empty… But will be where you place you sampled waveforms when you install the FL512M or FL1024M Flash Board.

The Flash Board comes empty… You install data to the Flash Board as part of the FILE LOAD routine. The MOXF knows what to do… You select the program you wish to load! the MOXF will send the data that needs to go to internal memory to the internal memory and send the samples and waveforms where they need to go (installs them on your Flash Board).

Please study the diagram on page 22 of the REFERENCE MANUAL. Take your time… It tells the story about where things get stored. It is detailed and will give you an idea of where things go. It is better than reading - a picture being worth a thousand words....
:-)

No. I think you mean, are there any Sampled Waveforms on the flash Board… No.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 12:14 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

I guess what’s confusing me is the special Flash promo that I am supposed to get from my understanding I will get the hardware loaded with all of the hundreds of samples ? Perhaps I am incorrect that is just the way I perceived it..

Please know that I print everyone of your responses that you all are giving me and label them by category and file in a binder for future ref..

So all of your efforts have not gone in vain..
I have accomplished many of the tasks you have taught me to do.
Further, I have just now completed the Firmware Update to the V1.03 I think that was what it’s called
Again Thank you all so much for all of your help
Sincerely,
Josh

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 01:16 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshman - 01 December 2013 12:14 PM

I guess what’s confusing me is the special Flash promo that I am supposed to get from my understanding I will get the hardware loaded with all of the hundreds of samples ? Perhaps I am incorrect that is just the way I perceived it..

The Premium Collection has much more content than will fit on the flash module. Besides, much of the content isn’t the type that would be on flash anyway.

Typically the promo packs include a blank flash module (board), DVD-ROM with various material, download links and activation codes for some more software, a USB flash drive for transferring files to the MOXF, and discount coupons for even more software.

Why not wait until you get the Collection, then see what’s in it and ask questions about anything that isn’t clear at that time?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 01:17 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Perhaps I am incorrect that is just the way I perceived it..

I can tell that you are incorrect… I’m sure it’s happened before.
It takes about 20 minutes to burn Flash… No one at the factory has time or the inclination to do that… Think of the man hours. The whole concept is USER memory. And in this case the U in USER is YOU!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 02:18 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

My Mistake in concept was that Flash was acting like another Bank of samples..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 02:45 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

So with the Prop Pkg I receive FL512MB (User Memory) correct me if I am wrong but is the concept kind of like adding RAM to your Lap Top or upgrading Hard Drive or kind of like adding an additional hard drive storage space to a computer?

Many thanks Guys - This Flash is a new concept to me and yes I will just wait until I get the package.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 02:51 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshman - 01 December 2013 02:18 PM

My Mistake in concept was that Flash was acting like another Bank of samples..

There are banks of Voices, etc., but there are no “banks” of samples. The MOXF has a ROM with 741MB of samples that are organized into 3,977 Waveforms. Those Waveforms are used by the Preset Voices, and can be used as well in User Voices. The optional flash module, depending on its capacity, can hold an additional 512MB or 1GB.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 01, 2013 @ 02:56 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshman - 01 December 2013 02:45 PM

So with the Prop Pkg I receive FL512MB (User Memory) correct me if I am wrong but is the concept kind of like adding RAM to your Lap Top or upgrading Hard Drive or kind of like adding an additional hard drive storage space to a computer? [...]

It’s “kind of like adding RAM”, except it’s a non-volatile type of memory (keeps its contents even when the power is turned off). It’s also not for general storage, but specifically for sample Waveforms.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 4

Previous Topic:

‹‹ I jumped today...
Next Topic:

MOXF6/8 INSTRUCTIONAL VIDEO ››