mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF6 ASSIGNING ROTARY TO PEDAL"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 12:18 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Maybe it’s me who is confused… That post above where You are obviously quoting me, does not apply to the FC5 pedal. It applies to the sweep pedal (called a Foot Controller) FC7.

You really have to pay attention to the names, I know it can be confusing, but every time you take something out of context you risk making a mistake.

The momentary pedals FC3, FC4, and FC5 are called this because they respond like sustain pedals. I cannot make it simpler than that. How does a SUSTAN pedal work? You must press it down and HOLD it for it to work. They are ON momentarily, as long as you hold it down. Like a sustain pedal.
FC3 must be plugged into the Sustain jack only
FC4/FC5 can be plugged into the Sustain jack or the Assignable FS (Foot Switch) jack.

The sweep pedals FC7 and FC9 are called sweep pedals because they behave like a volume pedal. They sweep all the values between 0 and 127… And would be good for controlling volume, open and closing the filter (doing filter sweeps), etc.
The FC7 must be plugged into the Foot Controller
The FC9 can be used as an FC7 (using a TRS-TRS 1/4” cable) or it can be used as a volume pedal between the main outputs of the MOXF and the sound system (requires a battery).

Now what is it you want the FC5 to do?
Is it an appropriate device for your need...?
If you are going to use an FC5 to do Speed Control, what does that mean?
It means you will have keep your foot on the pedal all the time you want the other speed.

Simple terms: if the initial Speed is SLOW, and you want FAST, the FC5 will require that you keep your foot on the pedal the entire time you want FAST. because as soon as you let go, it will transition back to SLOW.

You’ve been told several times in this thread, that Yamaha does not make a clickable foot switch (we used to when we made guitar amps, but there are not enough keyboard players wo want to use a clickable FS for Yamaha to make one (and you know if we did it would be deluxe… ) but we don’t make one. You have been warned!

... I’ll give you the options, I have no problem with that, you will Have to apply the knowledge properly . OK?

You were given excellent advice about using it to control the AF1 or AF2 buttons, but again the FC5 is a momentary Device, it will always be momentary. The button, that is if you physically press the button, can be set to either “momentary” or “latch”.

If you are going to quote something I say please make sure of the topic and what’s being addressed. I make mistakes, everyone does… but I try really hard to proof most of this stuff… If I’m in an airport at the time I may answer from memory, but I try to correct it when I get in front of an instrument, if I’ve given some faulty info. That I promise.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 12:48 PM
Joshman
Total Posts:  208
Joined  10-28-2013

Many Thanks:
I’m sorry if I have been frustrating you..
I actually went back to the fist option you suggested it was very simple.
I like the way you explained to me that by just allowing the Foot Pedal
FC-7 to Act like the Mod Wheel I was able to Accomplish my goal.

I did what you said and changed FC-1 to O1 Mod Wheel / (sacrificing the ability to use the Pedal as volume of course) but having it trigger Rotary and pretty much the mod wheel function on all settings triggered by my foot or mod wheel.. Works Great
I like this option much better because it allows me the ability to speed up and slow down as I desire when I desire using the FC-7 and I especially like it because it instantly applied to all of the organ voices at once ..
Very Satisfied..
Thank you So much ..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 01:33 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Joshman - 30 November 2013 12:48 PM

...I actually went back to the fist option you suggested it was very simple.
I like the way you explained to me that by just allowing the Foot Pedal
FC-7 to Act like the Mod Wheel I was able to Accomplish my goal.

I did what you said and changed FC-1 to O1 Mod Wheel / (sacrificing the ability to use the Pedal as volume of course) but having it trigger Rotary and pretty much the mod wheel function on all settings triggered by my foot or mod wheel…

Joshman, if this works for you that is great!

For anyone else who might require BOTH a volume pedal AND a fast/slow rotary foot switch for your MOXF, now you know there is also an option for that.

Personally, I prefer to use hand-switching for rotary speed control, as I already have (4) FC7 pedals and (2) sustain pedals on the floor in front of me in my live rig!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Volume of performances
Next Topic:

MOXF downloads ››