mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF6 ASSIGNING ROTARY TO PEDAL"

Page 2 of 3
Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 11:53 AM
Joshman
Total Posts:  208
Joined  10-28-2013

I noticed at the top of this page there were videos available for tutorial etc.. do you know if one has been released yet for the MOXF6/8

AND I Was wondering if the flash feature required the purchase of some hardware ?
thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 12:29 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
Joshman - 29 November 2013 11:53 AM

[...] AND I Was wondering if the flash feature required the purchase of some hardware ?
thanks

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/470348/

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 12:40 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

By the way - I have the MOXF6 and it is nothing short of AWESOME !! AMAZING

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 12:54 PM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013
Joshman - 29 November 2013 11:49 AM

I have the MOXF6 and i noticed that there is a jack on the back of the keyboard next to the sustain pedal jack that says Assignable ?
Can that be used for turning on the rotary on organ sounds ?
Wouldn’t that ten not affect what’s happening on the other jack for foot control jack ?

No that jack is only for an assignable switch pedal (FC5)

BM already gave you your options when it comes to get both worlds.

You have to add the volume assignment to the voices you use or....

1) Purchase a Yamaha FC9 or other stereo volume pedal -this can be placed “inline” on the main Left/Right outputs of the MOXF -between the outputs and your amplification.
2) Upgrade yourself to a Motif XF where you get both an FC1 and FC2 jack meaning you can use two FC7 pedals; one dedicated as volume cc011, and the other as an assignable pedal per Voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 12:56 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

OK Great thanks I just upgraded to the MOXF6 SO I have to stick to those options - it’s no big deal I have never used a volume pedal so I can sacrifice it not doing volume if it takes care of the Rotary situation for me..
Many Thanks to you All..
Sincerely,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 02:07 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Joshman - 29 November 2013 11:49 AM

I have the MOXF6 and i noticed that there is a jack on the back of the keyboard next to the sustain pedal jack that says Assignable ?
Can that be used for turning on the rotary on organ sounds ?
Wouldn’t that ten not affect what’s happening on the other jack for foot control jack ?

Yes, you can set the Assignable FS to control Fast/Slow rotary and keep the FC set up for Expression Volume.

A simple FC5 footswitch will work here, but it is not a latching switch...it is momentary.

There are also latching foot switches commercially available that will work in the FS jack for this purpose (such as the Boss FS-5L).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 02:17 PM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

Well, does this mean I have to purchase the FC-5 ?
I already own the FC-7
And if I did go that route, what would I do different in the instructions to activate / enable the rotary feature from that Jack?
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 29, 2013 @ 02:50 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
Joshman - 29 November 2013 02:17 PM

Well, does this mean I have to purchase the FC-5 ?....

Well, only if you want to keep the rotary Fast/Slow and the Volume separate!

...And if I did go that route, what would I do different in the instructions to activate / enable the rotary feature from that Jack?
Thanks

In the Utility instructions provided by Bad_Mister above, you would set the FS to 001 instead of the FC (The FC will remain as Expression Volume, which is it’s default setting).

Now, for all the organ VOICES that have MW control of rotary speed programmed (Most of the B3-type organs), you can use the FS to control this function without having to re-program the VOICES.

The problem with the FC5 (being a momentary switch) is that it will not “hold” the setting.  This means you will need to keep the FC5 switch continuously depressed physically for one setting, and release it for the other.

A latching switch like the one I mentioned...or any one of many guitar-type tremelo/reverb simple foot switches...is a better choice, as they will “stay” until you stomp on them again.

Unfortunately, Yamaha does not make a latching foot switch...but they are readily available and not expensive.  Check out This One.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 02:51 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013
cmayhle - 29 November 2013 02:50 PM

Well, does this mean I have to purchase the FC-5 ?....

Well, only if you want to keep the rotary Fast/Slow and the Volume separate!

...And if I did go that route, what would I do different in the instructions to activate / enable the rotary feature from that Jack?
Thanks

In the Utility instructions provided by Bad_Mister above, you would set the FS to 001 instead of the FC (The FC will remain as Expression Volume, which is it’s default setting).

Now, for all the organ VOICES that have MW control of rotary speed programmed (Most of the B3-type organs), you can use the FS to control this function without having to re-program the VOICES.

The problem with the FC5 (being a momentary switch) is that it will not “hold” the setting.  This means you will need to keep the FC5 switch continuously depressed physically for one setting, and release it for the other.

A latching switch like the one I mentioned...or any one of many guitar-type tremelo/reverb simple foot switches...is a better choice, as they will “stay” until you stomp on them again.

Unfortunately, Yamaha does not make a latching foot switch...but they are readily available and not expensive.  Check out This One.

This way (Changing FS to 001) will make the assignable pedal to use MOD wheel assignment and works great for this voice.
But Maybe not so good on other voices...?

What I have done is setting the FS to CC86 (default for controlling the AF1 button)
On organs the AF1 button controls fast and slow rotary.

This way you have the AF1 on the pedal on all voices, and you get what I feel to control more useful settings than just the MOD settings of the voices.

Just another way to do it....it,s all individual in the end:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 05:56 AM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

As it turns out I do have an FC-5 PEDAL
http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Sustain-Portable-Electronic-Keyboards/dp/B00005ML71

So I will go with that option
Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 06:08 AM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

OK I have decided to use the Yamaha FC-5 pedal in the assignable jack (next to the sustain jack)

I Understanding that I woule set the FS to 001
are there any other things in these instructions that I must different because I am using a different jack and a different kind of pedal ?
Thanks

What you did was option number 1.

You have two choices:
1-Reprogram the individual Voice so that it uses the FC rather than the MW
2-Change the FC pedal to globally send cc001 (Modulation Wheel)

Only you want to have both controllers active… Simply use a second Control Set to also program the FC to Speed Control

Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON]
Press [F4] CTRL SET
Here you can set the Controller assignments to parameters. You reach the six sets via [SF1]-[SF3] buttons.

MW as Source, the Speed Control as Destination in CTRL SET 1
FC as Source, the Speed Control as Destination in CTRL SET 2

BTW- a DEPTH of +32 maybe a more appropriate than +63
+32 = a linear response so that when you pass half way the switch flips ON
+63 = a response such that only at the extreme toe down position does the switch flip to ON, all movement prior to max is Off
... It is your choice, just making you aware of what +63 DEPTH means.

[STORE] the Voice to a USER location.

You already know how to set FC1 = 04[FootControl] in UTILITY.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 06:42 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013
Joshman - 30 November 2013 06:08 AM

OK I have decided to use the Yamaha FC-5 pedal in the assignable jack (next to the sustain jack)

I Understanding that I woule set the FS to 001
are there any other things in these instructions that I must different because I am using a different jack and a different kind of pedal ?
Thanks

What you did was option number 1.

You have two choices:
1-Reprogram the individual Voice so that it uses the FC rather than the MW
2-Change the FC pedal to globally send cc001 (Modulation Wheel)

Only you want to have both controllers active… Simply use a second Control Set to also program the FC to Speed Control

Press [EDIT]
Press [COMMON]
Press [F4] CTRL SET
Here you can set the Controller assignments to parameters. You reach the six sets via [SF1]-[SF3] buttons.

MW as Source, the Speed Control as Destination in CTRL SET 1
FC as Source, the Speed Control as Destination in CTRL SET 2

BTW- a DEPTH of +32 maybe a more appropriate than +63
+32 = a linear response so that when you pass half way the switch flips ON
+63 = a response such that only at the extreme toe down position does the switch flip to ON, all movement prior to max is Off
... It is your choice, just making you aware of what +63 DEPTH means.

[STORE] the Voice to a USER location.

You already know how to set FC1 = 04[FootControl] in UTILITY.

What I would do....

You don`t have to reprogram any voice now.

First just check that nothing has been altered during this conversation...:)

Press [UTILITY] press [CTL ASN]
Check that FC1 is set to 11(Express) Check that FC2 is set to 04(Foot Control)

Check that AF1 is set to 86 (Default)

Now Press [FT SW] set the FS to 86

Hit [STORE]

Now when you hit your FC5 pedal you will engage the AF1 button while you are holding the pedal down!
On organs that is usually programmed to the speed of the rotary.

And on other voices the pedal will now change different articulations/add in FX etc depending what the AF1 is programmed to on that specific voice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 06:47 AM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

Great Many Thanks
I have not altered any settings because I have decided not to store anything while I’m in the experimentation mode..
Thus No Problem there..
Now on the other challenges with the MOXF6
Awesome Machine
Sincerely,

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 07:09 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013

A cool thing about setting it up like this is....

load The “medium hall strings” take an chord and press the sustain pedal,
keep the pedal down.
Now press and hold down the assignable pedal at the same time!
now when you play it will be an staccato voice over the sustained strings.:)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 30, 2013 @ 08:01 AM
Joshman
Joined  10-28-2013

Thanks a bunch ..

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Volume of performances
Next Topic:

MOXF downloads ››