mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "XF 6 versus MOXF6 !  Tell me!"

Posted on: November 23, 2013 @ 11:34 AM
purcell
Total Posts:  186
Joined  02-22-2010

As I compared the DATA list (MOX and MOXF)
I don´t see
the great difference! Voices ... etc.

The MOXF ! What is it really?  MORE XF or more MOX ?

A)The MOXF6 is a original MOX with FLASH?

B)The MOXF6 is a trimmed original XF6?

C)The MOXF6 is .....???

What is “the giant leap” MOXF ???:

1.... 2.... 3.... 4 .... 5.....

By the way: I´m very confused about that FLASH !

Tell me ( very simple please ):

What can I do with the FLASH (Examples!) ?
What can I NOT do with the FLASH (Examples) ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2013 @ 11:58 AM
purcell
Joined  02-22-2010

Hello you XF 6 owners!

The MOXF6 is out! For 999 € ! MO? XF6 / MOX6 + Flash or XF 6

THAT COULD NOT BE THE XF 6 !?! Or? ...

What can you tell me about that “wonderous flagship” MOXF6?

Is it a trimmed original XF 6 ???

Maybe you know it!

What´s the difference MOXF6 / XF 6 ? compared ?

Thank you!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2013 @ 12:16 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36648
Joined  07-30-2002

A)The MOXF6 is a original MOX with FLASH?

That would be a very partial answer. If you were paying someone for the information, thank them but don’t pay them because, duh! That’s obvious. What about double the Wave ROM? What about 1307 additional Waveforms? What about double the polyphony? What about eight Parts that can use their dual Insertion effects (up from three), more arpeggios.

B)The MOXF6 is a trimmed original XF6?

Don’t pay for that description either… Doesn’t tell you anything about what’s missing.

C)The MOXF6 is .....???

Unbelievably awesome! More features for the money than any synth workstation

What can I do with the FLASH (Examples!) ?

Load new Sample Libraries… Any Sample Library that is made available for the Motif XF is automatically going to be available for the MOXF.

You can also transfer you own custom Waveforms to your Flash. The BIG DEAL about a Flash is that instead of having to wait thirty minutes for your custom samples to load every time you power up, a Flash Board allows you extend the available Wave Library… There are 3977 Preset Waveforms in the MOXF, the user can install an additional 2048 Waveforms.

This means you can reinvent the MOXF by adding new sound libraries, even transfer you own audio tracks (created in Cubase or your favorite DAW). Imagine creating background vocals in your DAWZ, then transferring the audio to the MOXF so you can take your backing vocals yo the stage.

What can I NOT do with the FLASH (Examples) ?

Fly, you can’t fly. What kind if question is that… The list is very, very long. But I’d start with it will not help you fly
:-)

Please see the following for all the details: The MOXF What’s New

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2013 @ 05:31 AM
langbehn
Total Posts:  11
Joined  11-17-2013

My main interest is in using these keyboards for live performance (vs sequencing, recording. or other studio integration). From my live player’s perspective, the main differences between the MOXF and Motif XF series are these:

MOXF is about half the cost of a comparable Motif.
MOXF8--about half the weight of a Motif XF8(!) This was a big one for me, because I have some medical restrictions on how much weight I can lift.
MOXF has the same factory waveforms and presets as the Motif XF.
MOXF is lacking many of the options available in the Motif for real time manipulation of sounds. There is no second continuous foot controller, there is no ribbon control, and instead of the knobs and sliders available on the Motif, the MOXF has only knobs. (Nonetheless, I’m programming some impressive real time control into my own MOXF sounds.)

MOXF has 1 memory card slot versus the two on the Motif.

MOXF has 3 banks for user voices versus 4 on the Motif.

Since I’m kind of a control freak (when it comes to real time sound manipulation), I do regret the loss of controllers on the MOXF versus the Motif, but the weight and cost advantages still made it a no-brainer for me to grab a MOXF8 as soon as it was available. For stage performance, it is not only replacing my digital piano-electric piano (with a few useful built-in samples of other instruments), but is also adding so many additional possibilities for live performance that I hardly no where to begin. I feel lie a kid in a candy shop.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2013 @ 06:01 AM
purcell
Joined  02-22-2010

Thank you!
Bad Mister for (my) the update!
Please do a video (examples): Theme: FLASH Keep it simple! :-)

Hello langbehn!
Thank you! For your most important useful infos!
Keep on telling us your further discoveries!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2013 @ 06:50 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-11-2013
langbehn - 24 November 2013 05:31 AM

MOXF has the same factory waveforms and presets as the Motif XS.

The MOFX is Motif XF based and has the same waveforms(741MB)
and engine as Motif XF.

The MOX is Motif XS based....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2013 @ 09:30 AM
langbehn
Joined  11-17-2013

Thank you for the correction. that was an important typo, which I’ve now edited out. Yes, the waveforms are the same as the XF (latest) Motif series! That is one of the big selling points.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 24, 2013 @ 03:53 PM
djnoah
Total Posts:  36
Joined  05-05-2008

how is the sound quality on the xf vs moxf?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 04:25 PM
langbehn
Joined  11-17-2013

I’ve played them both, but not in the same room. Based on my potentially imperfect sonic memory, they really seem to have the same sound for me. I think Yamaha also claims they should sound identical. Better to get the straight dope from some members who have them both side-by-side though.

There is an interesting issue with the stepped rotary knobs on the MOXF causing an apparent (but not a true) discrete stepping when you use them to tweak parameters like the filter in real time. There are also work arounds.  There is another very detailed thread running about that. This apparently isn’t an issue with the XF--I don’t recall.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 25, 2013 @ 07:32 PM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-11-2013

There is a lot of compare this compare that on Motif vs MOFX.
It,s not strange as the samples and engine is the same but there is hardware differences.

I personally don`t think the knobs on the MOFX is the same as the ones on the Motif.
The stepped knobs on MOXF,s kind of proves that....

In the end the only thing that needs to be compared is the price.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Load Motif ES Files
Next Topic:

Filter on MOXF ››