mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motif XF premium package"

Posted on: November 20, 2013 @ 01:46 PM
Reynolds230
Total Posts:  36
Joined  01-14-2013

I just purchased a MOXF6 keyboard. Will the Motif XF premium offering with 512K flash memory as sold on the motifator shop work on that keyboard without any modifications.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2013 @ 04:02 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

The Motif Premium Collection was put together for the Motif XF. However, since there is a lot of compatibility between the two instruments the Collection has a lot of relevance to MOXF owners as well.

First, the 512 Flash Memory Module is 100% compatible.

Secondly, all of the following video content is ‘compatible’ since none of this is designed to play on either instrument but on your computer. The XF Fully Loaded video will be generally helpful to MOXF users but by no means 100% so I’m afraid.

Chick’s Mark V Video
Yamaha YC3B and Steinberg Prologue VST Video
Motif XF Drums & Percussion Video
XF Fully Loaded Video
KARMA Motif Video

The voice data content (see below) is all usable (I’m sure Bad Mister will correct me if I’m wrong here) except for our own drum loop library Drums & Percussion, sadly, since the MOXF cannot load Motif XF “Pattern” format. However, we are in the process of converting this library into MOXF Pattern format and we’ll be glad to send the converted library free of charge to anyone purchasing the Collection for use on a MOXF. We should have the conversion complete by Nov 22nd. 

Chick Corea Mark V Library
Drums & Percussion in Motif XF Pattern format.
CP1 Library
Twisted Tools Selections
Instant Score Selections
User Bank two contains 16 voices from 5 of the volumes from Arne Schulze at Soundwaves.
CS80 Library

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2013 @ 02:03 PM
Reynolds230
Joined  01-14-2013

Hi Mr Motif. is the conversion ready. also I would like to know whether you can supply same on a 1 GB flash memory instead of 512MB which I think is too limited as only one expansion is possible.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2013 @ 03:52 PM
MrMotif
Joined  10-02-2002

Timing is all! We are - literally as we speak - about 90% finished on the conversion and should reach 100% before the end of this afternoon.

We can’t obviously alter the data that is presently on the DVD in the Premium Collection but, as mentioned, we will gladly send on the new format direct to all purchasers. Depending on exactly when we are able to upload, these may go out tonight or, rather more likely, Monday.

The Premium Collections simply ‘do come’ with 512MB boards so this is not something in our control. Obviously you can get a 1GB separately if you like and maybe re-sell the 512?

Just to clarify, all the content in the Collection comes on the included DVD so nothing is pre-installed on the Flashboard. Moreover, items like Drums & Percussion are simply MIDI, not samples, so don’t ever need to be put on Flashboard; they live in Pattern or User Arp land.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2013 @ 06:55 AM
ozdanman
Total Posts:  3
Joined  09-26-2010
MrMotif - 22 November 2013 03:52 PM
Timing is all! We are - literally as we speak - about 90% finished on the conversion and should reach 100% before the end of this afternoon.

Hi MrMotif, is the conversion completed yet, and is ready to be downloaded now? If so, could you please provide a link? I am eagerly awaiting to use Chick’s Mark V EP via my 1GB Flash + MOXF6. Many Thanks!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 23, 2013 @ 09:00 AM
langbehn
Total Posts:  11
Joined  11-17-2013

Having spent most of last weekend working this out, I’d like to document a few potentially confusing points (and their solutions) that I encountered while trying to load premium collection content onto my new MOXF.

1. First, be aware that explicit instructions for what buttons to push for various tasks were all written for the Motif XF and these detailed instructions do not apply to the MOXF. In most cases, the equivalent way of accomplishing the tasks (for example, loading a user bank) are obvious if one looks at the menus available after pressing the “file” button on the MOXF. If in doubt, check the manual!

I received my premium collection from Sweetwater Music and they included a sheet of additional explicit instructions for using the collection. Unfortunately, all of the instructions were for the Motif XF and they had not documented these procedural differences for using the collection with the MOXF.

2. One important difference in button combinations that was difficult to find documented was the combination for loading an operating system update. It is important to make sure the operating system has been updated to version 1.03. (Out of the box, my MOXF shipped with version 1.00 installed.) For the MOXF, the magic combination for loading the operating system update is:

Press the A/D input meter button while powering on the keyboard.

(On the Motif XF, the method is to hold down the cursor up and utility buttons while powering on the keyboard. I think I tried this about 5 times with e MOXF before deciding that there had to be a different combination for this new model.)

3. HERE IS THE MOST OBSCURE AND FRUSTRATING PROBLEM THAT I ENCOUNTERED.

I had copied the program file directories directly from the DVD to my USB memory stick. On the DVD the files contain letter headings, such as

A. folder 1
B. folder 2
etc.

Note the periods after the capital letters at the beginning of these file names! The MOXF becomes very confused about these periods. Possibly they are assumed to represent a marker for file extension type? In any case, attempts to load various libraries met with varying degrees of success until I removed all the periods from the folder names on the USB memory stick. So either totally delete the leading letter and period form the folders or at least get rid of the period.

Before editing these folder names, I especially had difficulty with the Chick Corea piano. I could load the waveforms but the voices wouldn’t load.

4. As already mentioned in a number of posts in the forum, you also need to realize that the MOXF is lacking the 4th user bank that the Motif XF has. Some of the custom libraries try to load the voice presets into this fourth bank. When you try to load these libraries using the “load all” option, the waveforms load correctly but you don’t get the voice presets. The scrolling dialog box will tell you that the presets are loading, but they “load” onto the nonexistent 4th bank. The solution, after preforming the “load all command to get the waveforms, is to additionally perform a load “1bankvoice” command and specify that user bank 4 from the library is to be written to one of the three other user banks available in the MOXF.

Hopefully these tips well save others from a few hours of frustration and help to get them set up and making music instead. Despite a lot of frustration working through the above points, I am loving my new MOXF. It’s a fantastic stage keyboard!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2013 @ 11:36 AM
Reynolds230
Joined  01-14-2013

Hello Mr Motif,
Is the conversion now ready?

Thanks to advise. We are waiting.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2013 @ 11:41 AM
MrMotif
Joined  10-02-2002

The Drums & Percussion collection conversion is now completed, yes. Everything else can be loaded OK I believe. You just need to contact and request the new files.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2013 @ 02:32 PM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013

Thx MM - just to clarify, the Rock Solid packs are converted? The pics still show them as being for the MO ESand MO6/8 ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2013 @ 09:23 PM
MrMotif
Joined  10-02-2002

Updated information on Rock Solid Drums and Rock Solid Strums has just been uploaded and, to clarify, these arpeggio collections are now available in native arpeggio format for the following instruments:

Motif ES
MO6/7/8
Motif XS
Motif XF
MOXF

Sorry for the delayed posting of the text!

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2013 @ 09:26 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Thanks MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2013 @ 09:35 PM
MrMotif
Joined  10-02-2002

You’re welcome :)

And to further clarify, folders for all the formats come in the same download .zip file, along with a pdf owners manual. These are crazy simple libraries to load and crazy powerful and fun to work with.

Happy Thanksgiving all!

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 27, 2013 @ 09:56 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Yes I think I will be buying all three - Rock Solid and the Drums and Percussion..they seem like really good assets to have :-)

Now if only Chicks Mark V would drop in price ;-)

[ Ignore ]