mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Layers in XS8"

Posted on: November 15, 2013 @ 07:04 PM
nblair
Total Posts:  1
Joined  11-15-2013

Does anyone know how to assign 8 sounds to the XS8 in performance mode? I am trying to layer 8 sounds and use the 8 sliders to control the volumes.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2013 @ 07:50 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
nblair - 15 November 2013 07:04 PM

Does anyone know how to assign 8 sounds to the XS8 in performance mode? I am trying to layer 8 sounds and use the 8 sliders to control the volumes.

PERFORMANCE Mode is limited to (4) PARTS.

If you want 8 sounds (PARTS) controlled by 8 sliders you need to go to SONG or PATTERN Mode, and then possibly one step further to MASTER Mode.

Can you elaborate a little more about what you want to do?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 15, 2013 @ 07:51 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
nblair - 15 November 2013 07:04 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Performance mode is limited to four Parts (Voices). Sequencer modes (Song or Pattern) can have up to 16 Parts. For layering, you’ll want them all on the same MIDI channel.

See:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xs_working_with_and_understanding_physical_controllers

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/motif_xs_front_panel_tour_part_ii_sliders_wheels_and_buttons_on_the_xs

EDIT: It seems that cmayhle has again typed just a bit faster than I did. :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Thriller song
Next Topic:

Firewire issues ››