mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "I want to Buils a Tony Banks….bank of voices.  Help"

Posted on: November 12, 2013 @ 03:03 PM
apico
Total Posts:  77
Joined  06-14-2011

I really love the sounds Tony Banks used in the late 70’s, early 80’s. My current quest is to build a bank of the sounds he was so known for.

Has anyone reproduced any/all of his sounds on your Motif?
If so, would you mind letting me use your settings, or send me a file so I can load it?

Also, I’d really like to find some great Mellotron samples that could n=be used with the Motif.  I saw some older posts from Cesarsound. It looked as if he had done some Mellotron voices, but there was some kind of conflict here at Motifator having to do with it?

Anybody help me with this?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2013 @ 06:05 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

There are Mellotron sampled Waveforms among your 3977 preset Waveforms.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2013 @ 06:21 AM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

There are also a wide variety of mellotron samples you can find on the web (some free, some commercial), and also in iPad apps; and there are also sample libraries from the old ARP Pro Soloist that TB used a lot. You could use these sound sources to build your own sample set that you can load into the XF, if you have a flash card installed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 13, 2013 @ 09:29 AM
Mutiny in Jonestown
Total Posts:  253
Joined  02-13-2012

I’ve been using these mellotron samples since I got my ES7 back in 2003 and I’ve been running them on my XF7 since 2012.  They’re amazing, no stretching of samples across keys, they’re all taken from an actual SM400 and each key get’s it’s own individual sample wave.  They offer 2 sets ($20 each) the first set Violins, Cello, & Choir the second Flutes, Mixed Brass, Cello.  Best of all, they’re specifically packaged for the Motif so are easy to setup.  These are the real deal and a dream come true for us tron maniacs...and if that’s not enough, they offer a money back guarantee - though I can’t imagine anyone returning these...check it out here…

VintageKeyboardSounds.com

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Waveform full?
Next Topic:

Motif XF sound engine question ››