mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Motifator shop and MOXF Q"

Posted on: November 08, 2013 @ 09:53 AM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013

This is probably one of those “how long is a piece of string” type questions, but.....

Is there anyone who has an idea of how long it will take to get MOXF versions of software available in the shop, based on how long it took for MOX versions? I was not involved with Yamaha products when the MOX was launched.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2013 @ 03:20 PM
MrMotif
Total Posts:  1122
Joined  10-02-2002

You are correct to some extent, yes :) However, the MOX does have an inherent content ‘issue’ in that it can’t load voice and other data direct from earlier instruments. So, it takes and took quite a lot of effort, via editors and such, to convert to or prepare MOX libraries.

There is, we admit then, a certain irony attached to the fact that the MOXF can read ‘MOX’ format although it certainly can. But it can also read Motif XF format, for which there are tons of libraries available.

As we’ve alluded to in another post, ideally there will be libraries specifically made for or tailored to the MOXF, whether these are conversions or brand new products. How long it will take to get these is where the ‘string’ part of your question comes into play. In order to create a MOXF format library the programming team will need access to a MOXF and/or a MOXF editor, and then have the time to make, optimize, and test the results.

We are doing some testing ourselves in order that we can offer MOX and Motif XF libraries, along with any help that may need to be supplied, for MOXF users and this we expect to be complete by next week. At that time we will open a MOXF page in the shop with all libraries that will then have been tested on the MOXF. At that point I think all the most popular libraries should be usable.

There’s always a bedding-in period with new releases in the greater Motif family for additional content. There’s always challenges, but also always solutions.  And we’re committed to accepting the former and help providing the latter.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2013 @ 03:29 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Thanks much Mr M - I appreciate the in-depth response. I will check in to the shop again late next week and see how it is going :-)

Cheers

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2013 @ 04:39 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Any further word on this happening? MM’s post was about ten days ago now - so yeah, any updates?

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2013 @ 08:30 PM
MrMotif
Joined  10-02-2002

We’ve been poised to open the MOXF shop page for several days now and just working through a couple of technical issues. So, apologies for that.

Hopefully all will be resolved in the next 24 hours or so. We have some very interesting brand new libraries - available for MOXF as well as Motif XF and XS - as well as conversions of some tried and tested collections.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 18, 2013 @ 09:37 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

Legend!! Thx MM, great news!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2013 @ 04:37 PM
pax_eterna
Joined  11-03-2013

I see the first 9 voice banks have been loaded. Nothing else yet, but it’s a good start. Not exactly what I am looking for yet, but early days :-)

Good to see Motifator have made a start on it. kudos!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2013 @ 10:33 PM
padking
Total Posts:  70
Joined  01-05-2011

Any specific reasons why there is no performances ?

Padking

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 19, 2013 @ 11:59 PM
castorex
Total Posts:  18
Joined  09-02-2013

Exactly the same results as using the tool of John Melas with my MX49 with any sound libraries : only voices without other setups !!!
A basic conversion for the same price…
I can understand that you are not the owners of many of these soundbanks and you can only apply some fast conversion… but if less features than the original, please, reduce the price !!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2013 @ 03:23 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Total Posts:  201
Joined  11-12-2013

I hope someone can answer this…
I ordered “Lead for Yamaha MOXF” in the shop hours ago.
How long does it take until I get my download link??

Hope someone can answer this....

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2013 @ 04:11 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
MeMyselfAndI64 - 20 November 2013 03:23 AM

I believe Keyfax is located in Santa Cruz, California (US). California is 9 hours behind Sweden, which is where your member profile indicates you’re located. It might be a while longer yet.  :-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2013 @ 04:29 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013
5pinDIN - 20 November 2013 04:11 AM
MeMyselfAndI64 - 20 November 2013 03:23 AM

I believe Keyfax is located in Santa Cruz, California (US). California is 9 hours behind Sweden, which is where your member profile indicates you’re located. It might be a while longer yet.  :-)

They do it manually? I thought it was automatic!
First time I order anything from this place.:)

Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2013 @ 08:19 AM
MrMotif
Joined  10-02-2002

Hi - and welcome!

Yes, delivery is automated and you should have received a link to your download along with your receipt. Depending on how you have your spam settings, this message might have ended up there so please check that. Having seen your post though, I will notify our order desk in case there was a problem on the back end.

Worst case, you’ll get everything by this morning (in California) and sorry you’ve had to wait.

MM

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2013 @ 08:56 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013

I still have not got anything - and I checked the spam folder.
I also sent an message via the shop no response yet

Time right now “9:35 AM” in California

The email address is OK I checked that!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 20, 2013 @ 11:29 AM
MeMyselfAndI64
Joined  11-12-2013

Update: I emailed them directly and got an fast response this time.
Don`t know if they got the “Instant” message I sent via the contact on the shop page!

Anyway I got it now 12 hours later so it,s all ok!:)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ frozen MOXF
Next Topic:

loading a performance from USB ››