mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Flash MOXFX/User Banks/ Pointers"

Page 1 of 3
Posted on: November 06, 2013 @ 01:25 PM
vsmith1814
Total Posts:  3
Joined  10-31-2013

purchased the MOXF8 and have a 1G flash card which I have formatted according to instructions.

My question is this:  when I load waveforms/voices such as Chicks Mark V piano, I understand that waveforms go to flash and the voice data will go into user banks.  In the case of the Chicks Mark V in a flash I read where it will load in User Bank 4 of voice data and overwrite anything you have, thus, the warning to save all of your data. The problem, there not a User Bank 4 that I can find therefore I can’t find the voices. If the file needs to point to another bank, I have yet to find out how to do that on the MOXFX?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 06, 2013 @ 02:04 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If the file extension for Chick’s Mark V is .X3A, then it was originally meant to load to a Motif XF, which has a User Bank 4.

If you need to load to a different Bank, see page 156 of the MOXF Reference Manual, 1BankVoice.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2013 @ 07:16 AM
amberman3
Total Posts:  5
Joined  05-01-2004

I loaded CHICKS RHODES.X3A into my MOXF8 with 1G flash and it loaded them into USER Bank 3 without any pointers.  Everything seemed to work fine.  Great Rhodes samples!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2013 @ 08:23 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
amberman3 - 07 November 2013 07:16 AM

I loaded CHICKS RHODES.X3A into my MOXF8 with 1G flash and it loaded them into USER Bank 3 without any pointers.  Everything seemed to work fine.  Great Rhodes samples!

I wonder if vsmith1814 has the most recent OS (version 1.03) installed. It can be downloaded here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2013 @ 10:52 AM
vsmith1814
Joined  10-31-2013

Thanks much 5pinDin and Amberman3.  Your comments to my question(s) led me down the right path.  Much appreciated.  The Chick file was in User Bank 4 and I just had to point it from there to user bank 3 and Exec.  So the process I followed after loading the Chick File to the Flash Board was as follows:
1. File
2. Load (F3)
3. Change Type to 1 BankVoice (X in Box the says “with Waveform")
4. Right Cursor to box where the File is (If necessary scroll down to highlight with data wheel)
5. Press Enter (tap)
6. Under Type 1 Bank Voice change to the user bank you want the voices to go to using data wheel
7. Right cursor > select user 4
8. Press SF1 (Exec)
The list of voices should be in user bank 3 (A01- A10)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2013 @ 10:53 AM
vsmith1814
Joined  10-31-2013

Thanks for checking and the download location. I do have the latest firmware installed. v1.03

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 07, 2013 @ 11:55 PM
dbrubeck
Joined  11-07-2013

Thanks vsmith1814:

So the process I followed after loading the Chick File to the Flash Board was as follows:
1. File
2. Load (F3)
4. Right Cursor to box where the File is (If necessary scroll down to highlight with data wheel)
5. Press Enter (tap)
6. Under Type 1 Bank Voice change to the user bank you want the voices to go to using data wheel
8. Press SF1 (Exec)

I was able to make this work, but first I had to rename the folder on the USB stick to something with no special characters.  I originally tried with the full folder name from the MOTIF Premium Collection DVD and got “File not found”.  After renaming the procedure worked.  There appears to be a bug on the MOXF where certain folder names don’t work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 08, 2013 @ 09:30 AM
pax_eterna
Total Posts:  209
Joined  11-03-2013

Question I have is will the Chicks Keys be converted to MOXf format to save buyers having to go through this hassle (even though it is a minor hassle)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2013 @ 07:15 AM
ozdanman
Joined  09-26-2010
pax_eterna - 08 November 2013 09:30 AM

Question I have is will the Chicks Keys be converted to MOXf format to save buyers having to go through this hassle (even though it is a minor hassle)

ABSOLUTELY!! This is so painful, I am still trying to load these sample and patches for me MOXF6, nothing is working yet.. ARgh!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 27, 2013 @ 08:16 PM
Joshman
Total Posts:  208
Joined  10-28-2013

Followed these instructions go error message:
Sample memory full !
So the process I followed after loading the Chick File to the Flash Board was as follows:
1. File
2. Load (F3)
5. Press Enter (tap)
8. Press SF1 (Exec)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2014 @ 06:28 PM
chmoxf8
Total Posts:  42
Joined  01-20-2014

I am a newbie who is having the same problem.  I have followed the instructions in this string and I am still not finding the Chick Correa sounds.  I have the Sweetwater Premium collection, which on my computer at least, shows that my USB thumb drive which I transferred the files to contains the Chick Correa sounds.  When I put it into the Device slot of the keyboard and press File and F3, two files are displayed, one says MOXF and the other shows Sweetwater.  I am not sure which one I am supposed to select, but I have downloaded the one that said Sweetwater.  Is that correct?

I am not sure if the instructions noted in the string above are completely correct, but please explain if I am wrong.

In step 2. My display shows checked boxes both for Waveform and Samples.  Is this correct, or am I supposed to change it just to Waveform?  If so, I am not sure how to do that.

In step 6.  On the left side of the display, under Type (1 voice bank), which bank am I supposed to choose.  I picked User 3, but the sounds were not there after doing the download.

In step 7. It is indicated that I am supposed to select User 4 on the right side of the display, but the only options I see are User 1, User 2, User 3, and Drum User.  Which option am I supposed to pick.  I tried User 3, but that didn’t work.  User 4 is not an option that showed up on my display.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 13, 2014 @ 06:49 PM
Joshman
Total Posts:  208
Joined  10-28-2013

After much experimentation and instruction from Tech Support and Tech support people form motifator.com This is what I learned

It is best to load one library at a time listen and determine exactly what voices I can not live without log where it can be found in what library.

Then reformat the flash module and load another library repeating the same process

After I have listened to them all and notated where they could be found I re formatted the flash module again and loaded the Individual voices that I have chosen with samples to the flash module and put them in desired bank slots .. Not the entire library , just the individual voices that I wanted . This method worked like a charm..

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2014 @ 03:10 AM
chmoxf8
Joined  01-20-2014

Thanks for your reply.  I appreciate your advice and words of encouragement.  I know that what you are suggesting is correct.  I just am not sure how to do it. 
I am sure that there must be a simple step that I am not aware of that is holding me back.  Once I figure it out, it should be easy. 
Do you have any specific answers to my questions in my original post?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2014 @ 03:39 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
chmoxf8 - 14 February 2014 03:10 AM

Thanks for your reply.  I appreciate your advice and words of encouragement.  I know that what you are suggesting is correct.  I just am not sure how to do it. 
I am sure that there must be a simple step that I am not aware of that is holding me back.  Once I figure it out, it should be easy. 
Do you have any specific answers to my questions in my original post?

Before we go into details of file loading, please verify that you have the latest Operating System installed on your MOXF.

To check the OS version…
Press [UTILITY]
Press [JOB]
Read the displayed firmware (Firm:).

See page 150 of the MOXF Reference Manual

The most recent OS version is 1.03 - if yours isn’t that, you can download the latest here.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2014 @ 04:25 AM
chmoxf8
Joined  01-20-2014

Yes, I have version 1.03 installed.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 14, 2014 @ 04:39 AM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
chmoxf8 - 14 February 2014 04:25 AM

Yes, I have version 1.03 installed.

Good. Some questions…
What is the exact name of the Chick’s Mark V file that you copied to your USB drive, complete with file extension?

Did you place that file in a folder on the USB drive?
If so, what is the name of the folder?

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 3