mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Select a Master via MIDI?"

Page 3 of 3
Posted on: March 20, 2015 @ 02:05 PM
illogicalpask
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-03-2011

Hello everyone,
I recently changed my Mox with MoxF.
I have a problem with a SYSEX activation ZONE ON / OFF mode MASTER. I read the two manuals given list and saw that the messages are almost identical for all functions.
it is possible that is sufficient to change the number of the device to have the same functions?

this is the sysex of MOX via pedal that turns on and off ZONE
F0 7F 43 10 14 33 00 1D DT F7

what is that of MOXF? or at least in which section of the given list is it?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2015 @ 03:53 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
illogicalpask - 20 March 2015 02:05 PM

[...]this is the sysex of MOX via pedal that turns on and off ZONE
F0 7F 43 10 14 33 00 1D DT F7[...]

Is it possible some of those bytes are transposed?

From the MOX Data List, page 102, (3-6-3-1) NATIVE PARAMETER CHANGE, MODE CHANGE, the first five bytes are:
F0 43 1n 7F 14 where n = 0 for device 1

From the MOXF Data List, page 121, (3-6-3-1) NATIVE PARAMETER CHANGE, MODE CHANGE, the first six bytes are:
F0 43 1n 7F 1C 00 where n = 0 for device 1

The difference in the messages is in the Model ID, 14 for the MOX and 1C 00 for the MOXF.

The relevant address and data bytes are on page 109 of the MOX Data List or 128 of the MOXF one, MIDI PARAMETER CHANGE TABLE (MASTER KEYBOARD). They’re the same for both models - as you posted, address 33 00 1D, followed by data byte either 00 (Zone off) or 01 (Zone on).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: March 20, 2015 @ 05:35 PM
illogicalpask
Total Posts:  13
Joined  12-03-2011

thanks!
I’ve tried and I’ve resolved my problem.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2020 @ 12:51 PM
jayvee7988
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-01-2020

Interesting problem here, hoping someone has run into it before:

I am using Master 1, which is associated with Song 6, which has a midi (sequencer) file associated with it.  If I select Master 1 on the keyboard panel, I can hit the Seq play button and all is well.  However, when I select Master 1 using midi (using the Master Select Sysex earlier in this thread), it correctly sets to Master 1, but the start button on the keyboard does nothing, and I cannot start the midi sequencer file.  If I then switch to Master 1 again using the keyboard panel, I can start the sequencer just fine.

Somehow the Master Select midi sysex is doing something that “disables” the start button? (Perhaps all of the sequencer control buttons?)

Anyone see this?  Any solution?  I imagine I could start the sequence through a midi command, but I just want to start it from the keyboard panel.

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2020 @ 05:06 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jayvee7988 - 21 August 2020 12:51 PM

Interesting problem here, hoping someone has run into it before:

I am using Master 1, which is associated with Song 6, which has a midi (sequencer) file associated with it.  If I select Master 1 on the keyboard panel, I can hit the Seq play button and all is well.  However, when I select Master 1 using midi (using the Master Select Sysex earlier in this thread), it correctly sets to Master 1, but the start button on the keyboard does nothing, and I cannot start the midi sequencer file.  If I then switch to Master 1 again using the keyboard panel, I can start the sequencer just fine.

Somehow the Master Select midi sysex is doing something that “disables” the start button? (Perhaps all of the sequencer control buttons?)

Anyone see this?  Any solution?  I imagine I could start the sequence through a midi command, but I just want to start it from the keyboard panel.

Thanks!

I’ve never seen this problem on my Motif XS or XS (mentioning that because you asked here: http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/481934/)

I’m also unaware of it being a known problem with the MOXF, although I don’t own that model. I don’t recall anyone mentioning such difficulty on the forum, but of course that doesn’t mean there couldn’t be an obscure bug.

First, does your MOXF have the most recent OS installed?
To check…
Press [UTILITY]
Press [JOB]
Read the displayed firmware (Firm:).
The most recent is version 1.12 - I suggest updating if yours is an earlier version. Be sure to follow the Readme file accompanying the download.

What happens if you store a copy of Master #1 to another Master location, and select that one via MIDI, is there any change in the operation?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2020 @ 06:17 PM
jayvee7988
Total Posts:  8
Joined  01-01-2020

Thanks 5PinDIN,

Yes, it’s at v1.12.0

I figured it out.  I’m switching from Song to Master mode just before sending the Master Select.  Apparently that mode switch takes some time, and the serial com processing isn’t smart enough to buffer the next command(s) until it’s done with one…

I inserted increasing delays before the Master Select command - and the Play button finally started working at ~500ms.

I suppose the delay is reasonable considering all that needs to be set switching between modes - but come on, Yamaha - ever hear of buffers?

One other question - has anyone found a way to select a song PART (via MIDI) without being in Mixing mode?  Or alternatively, switch to Mixing Mode via MIDI?

Thanks again for the help!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 21, 2020 @ 11:31 PM
5pinDIN
Joined  09-16-2010
jayvee7988 - 21 August 2020 06:17 PM

Thanks 5PinDIN,

Yes, it’s at v1.12.0

OK

jayvee7988 -

I figured it out.  I’m switching from Song to Master mode just before sending the Master Select.  Apparently that mode switch takes some time, and the serial com processing isn’t smart enough to buffer the next command(s) until it’s done with one…

I inserted increasing delays before the Master Select command - and the Play button finally started working at ~500ms.

I’m glad you found a solution, and thanks for posting it. Yes, some delay between the messages can be required. Here’s a previous thread:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/478559/

For my XF, I’ve found that about 65ms is sufficient, but the necessary time seems to vary with model.

jayvee7988 -

I suppose the delay is reasonable considering all that needs to be set switching between modes - but come on, Yamaha - ever hear of buffers?

Buffers?  ;-)

jayvee7988 -

One other question - has anyone found a way to select a song PART (via MIDI) without being in Mixing mode?  Or alternatively, switch to Mixing Mode via MIDI?

See this thread for a possible approach:
http://www.motifator.com/index.php/forum/viewthread/479764

jayvee7988 -

Thanks again for the help!

You’re welcome!

[ Ignore ]  

Page 3 of 3

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Is wireless possible in future updates?
Next Topic:

Motif XF Ending arps? ››