mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "A question about Flash Card and user banks"

Posted on: November 05, 2013 @ 03:48 AM
shad0wfax
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-08-2013

Hi all,

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a MOXF 6, and I’ve just acquired and installed a 512Mb flash card. In order to test it, I’ve downloaded and installed the “Inspiration in a flash” package. Everything seems to be OK and now all the waveform and sample data (about 480Mb) is stored in the card.

However, according to the documentation, the “inspiration in a flash” package contains 3 different user banks of 128 patches each. In my MOXF, after the installation the User Bank 1 has been untouched, and the new patches have been stored in User Banks 2 and 3. So, I don’t have access to the third bank (the ethnic sounds), although all the sample data is in the flash card. Actually, I’m more interested in this bank than in the second one, and I’d like to know how to “store” it in a user bank, even if I have to “sacrifice” the current User bank 3. I come from the MOX and I have no experience with the sample management of the Motif series, but from what I’ve read, it seems that I need a .X3V archive. Where could I get it?

Thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2013 @ 04:51 AM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

From what you described, I suspect that you have the XF version of the file. Since the XF has four User banks, and unique content is in Bank 1 (as new or after a factory reset), IiaF is normally loaded to Banks 2/3/4. Since the MOXF doesn’t have the fourth Bank, it doesn’t work well to load the XF version.

The MOXF version of IiaF is at:
http://download.yamaha.com/file/60661
I believe it will load correctly to the three MOXF User Banks. What I don’t know is if the pointers to what’s now on your flash module would be correct. You might have to delete the flash module contents and then load the MOXF IiaF file.

There’s also the possibility of just loading a single Bank from the file you already have. What is the extension of the “Inspiration in a Flash” file that you loaded?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2013 @ 11:11 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Yes, loading the data reformatted for the MOXF would be the wisest method to proceed. It is because of the architecture differences between the MOXF and the Motif XF that this occurs.

The authors of Inspiration in a Flash provide three banks of 128 Normal Voices in the Library, aimed at the Motif XF’s USER 2, USER 3 and USER 4 Banks, they wanted to avoid overwriting the 128 unique Voices of the Motif XF USER 1 bank.

The MOXF has those 128 Voices permanently installed as presets in its ninth Preset Bank.
Also the MOXF has no USER 4, so those voices do not find a home.

If you attempted to use the Inspiration in a Flash data for the Motif XF (.X3A) you can load the individual VOICES from that file, one by one, to reunite the VOICE data with the already loaded Waveforms. The MOXF will not duplicate the data, as it will recognize the waveforms are already in memory, the Voices will automatically be repointed to the correct Waveform number.
Loading each individually may sound like a lot of work, but ultimately you will need to learn to do this, because much of customizing your Flash Board is about selecting/loading each individual sound as you decide its a “keeper”

However, had you downloaded the Inspiration data in MOXF format (.X6A) the data would install and the Voices would go properly to banks 1, 2, and 3… Without any additional work necessary. Highly recommended!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 05, 2013 @ 02:56 PM
shad0wfax
Total Posts:  36
Joined  07-08-2013

Thank you very much for your replies. Yes, I did download the .X3A file for the Motif XF, and I didn’t know about those differencies (4 user banks instead of 3 and no Preset 9 bank). I’ll install the specific version for the MOXF. Thank you very much!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ moxf in mono?
Next Topic:

Q re Arp slot and selecting pre banks ››