mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Adjusting string and brass ‘room’ distance?"

Posted on: October 31, 2013 @ 06:03 PM
Mike777
Total Posts:  95
Joined  08-27-2008

Strings and brass seem to sound like in a small/medium size room with no reverb.  My reverb is zero and no effect is on them but still sound like a room.  Any way to adjust this effect and reduce it so they sound closer?  Can it be done in the editor? Or something I’m not adjusting properly? thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 01, 2013 @ 02:00 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

No one can hear what you hearing, perhaps mention a particular Voice by its name and location. In general, you cannot easily change the mic position on a sampled sound such that you are closer..., farther away? Well, that’s possible. Brass and strings are actually recorded in a room, so you should expect that, and because they are heard always from a distance, a safe distance, so some distance is natural, you can’t record the real things “direct”.

Perhaps if/when you mention the exact Voice you are hearing, there maybe a way to change something significant about the sound that will work. There are some ways to tighten any sound, but it is not done by adding effects, you have to work with the envelopes.

(although I’ve read about a ‘reverb remover’… So there may be money you can spend to fix it. Does it work? ... much like your post, without hearing it, I can’t really say…

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Using FC2 as volume
Next Topic:

Assign Drums for Bad Mister ››