mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Recording Vocals in Song Mode MO X6/8"

Posted on: October 19, 2013 @ 09:35 AM
Rames
Total Posts:  6
Joined  01-23-2012

Hi Motifator, is it possible to record vocals via Mic Input in song mode. I can’t seem to get the tracks set to the A/D Input. I’ve recorded some songs and want to add vocals on top. I thought it was possible but did not see a method for this in owner’s manual.

Is the only other option to use MOX as an audio interface and record vocals to computer DAW?

Ok thanks in advance!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2013 @ 10:12 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Hi Motifator, is it possible to record vocals via Mic Input in song mode. I can’t seem to get the tracks set to the A/D Input. I’ve recorded some songs and want to add vocals on top. I thought it was possible but did not see a method for this in owner’s manual.

Well, yes it is possible to record vocals via the A/D input in SONG mode, but the audio must be routed to your computer connected via USB using the “Yamaha Steinberg USB driver”. The MOX-series does not feature on-board audio recording - rather, it has a built-in audio and MIDI interface for facilitating recording on the computer DAW of your choice.

Is the only other option to use MOX as an audio interface and record vocals to computer DAW?

If you wish to record your project directly on-board the keyboard, that would be the top-of-the-line Motif XF 6/7/8… It is the keyboard workstation with built-in sampler and on-board SDRAM to record audio.

MOX-series, however, does not have any on-board RAM and does not have the ability to record audio to its internal memory… Which is why the manual does not mention it.

If you would like to try recording audio to your computer, the MOX comes with everything you need including the USB cable. You only need to download the appropriate driver for your computer type and OS.

It uses a dual Stereo record (4CH) scheme where the A/D INPUT PART or an internal PART can be routed to USB 1/2 while the internal PARTS all default to USB 3/4. This allows for great flexibility when recording “live” (you can record your vocals discreetly to an audio track and your playing to a separate stereo audio track), or when multi-tracking (you can isolate any PART to a separate discreet output bus, while monitoring the others through the other stereo output). It is a very flexible recording scheme.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 20, 2013 @ 06:55 PM
Rames
Total Posts:  6
Joined  01-23-2012

Thanks Bad Mister as always. Glad to have that cleared up!

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Question on loading ES8 voices and performances into MOXF8
Next Topic:

Using your MOX Live ››