mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "1gb flash memory for motif xf6"

Posted on: October 18, 2013 @ 04:20 PM
kaytoe
Total Posts:  72
Joined  06-20-2013

Where is the best place to buy 1gb of flash memory for my motif xf6? I am looking for the best possible price. Any ideas of the best place to buy from?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2013 @ 05:58 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Earth! ...
:-)

Probably a music store in your area of the world, would be best.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2013 @ 07:47 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Other than amazon, I’ve gotten my best deals at office max or Office Depot.  8 gigabyte sticks for $6.  On sale

Dirt cheap anywhere

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2013 @ 02:35 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

You will not find Yamaha FL512M or FL1024M for anything like that. I think (although cannot be sure) that the OP is talking about the FLASH BOARDs for the Motif XF, not USB memory sticks…

USB Memory sticks are simple (dumb) storage devices… very inexpensive.
FLASH BOARDS have to be sophisticated enough to store memory and allow realtime acess: send audio out on 128 audio channels simultaneously (to support the polyphony)… A USB Memory stick cannot stream but two channels of audio (stereo playback) and you would not want to, nor could play music in real time from such a device. They simply are too inexpensive to do the job.

A FLASH BOARD not only backs up the data, it is able to accessed the same as the internal WAVE ROM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2013 @ 06:13 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Keytoe,

You won’t find much more than a $25 difference between prices on the FL boards from online dealers. If you have a dealer you buy form regularly you might be able to negotiate a few bucks more off.

You didn’t say where you are from, so keep in mind taxes, shipping, etc. when deciding where to buy.

For example, I ordered from major dealer in NJ because I pay no tax and no shipping, UPS Ground arrives the next day. Buying from a local Yamaha dealer in my state of Mass. would have cost me an extra $20 for tax.

Not to mention you can buy them right here in the Motifator Shop!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 12, 2013 @ 01:25 AM
kaytoe
Joined  06-20-2013

Thanks for your replys. I live in ireland where the rrp is 315 euro for a 1gb flash board. A good friend of mine is in new york and he has picked me up a 1gb (fl1024m) for 300 us dollars...that works out at 225 euro, so im looking forward to installing it at the weekend when he gets back.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: November 22, 2013 @ 05:06 PM
Dr. ROX
Total Posts:  41
Joined  11-22-2013

Search for Mutec FMC-06. This flash memory is not made by Yamaha but they used the same chips for it as on Yamaha’s flash. I’m not sure regarding prices on US but here in Europe you can get 1GB for 182 Euros when Yamaha’s FL1024M costs about 299 Euros on Thomann store.
I got the Mutec FMC-06, no issues. I even started to make a video review of it.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 05, 2013 @ 03:55 PM
kaytoe
Joined  06-20-2013

Thank you for your reply dr rox, is this the blue one you are telling me about?
http://www.thomann.de/ie/mutec_fmc06.htm

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: December 24, 2013 @ 03:46 PM
kaytoe
Joined  06-20-2013

Thanks dr rox, I have ordered a 1gb mutec fmc-06 from the thomann website, so im looking forward to adding nice sounds into my xf in my flash memory.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ scsi to usb port
Next Topic:

Sequence memory full ››