mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOXF Samples and Key-Off"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: October 15, 2013 @ 04:54 PM
hammondcuni
Total Posts:  55
Joined  12-28-2003

By reading some post here my understanding is that i can load wav.files into MOXF? And can I somehow use a key -off feature?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2013 @ 05:26 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

By reading some post here my understanding is that i can load wav.files into MOXF?

Yes that’s true.

There is a KEY OFF articulation feature in the MOXF works the same as in the Motif-series, S-series and MOX-series

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2013 @ 05:32 PM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

The MOXF voice structure allows up to 8 elements per voice.  You can program elements to trigger at key off rather than key on. This is useful for emulating instruments like pianos and harpsichords that make a sound when you release a key. Of course, you can use this if you are creating a non-realistic voice as well.

Yes you can load WAV and AIFF files into flash memory boards. See Reference Manual p. 157.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2013 @ 05:35 PM
hammondcuni
Joined  12-28-2003

Thanks Bad Mister what I have is and organ sample, actually a 2 part sample, one is the actual organ sound and the other is the release of that organ sound. What i need to do is set the release sample to key- off so that when i let go of keys it will trigger that sample. I m guessing that i have to do this in performance mode?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2013 @ 05:42 PM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002
hammondcuni - 15 October 2013 05:35 PM

Thanks Bad Mister what I have is and organ sample, actually a 2 part sample, one is the actual organ sound and the other is the release of that organ sound. What i need to do is set the release sample to key- off so that when i let go of keys it will trigger that sample. I m guessing that i have to do this in performance mode?

No, you do it in VOICE mode. Assign one of the elements to your release
sound and set the element to Key-Off.

Do you understand Voice edit?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2013 @ 05:56 PM
hammondcuni
Joined  12-28-2003

Oh ok Dave. Yes I understand voice edit. I had always wished that my MOX6, which I sold a week before the MOXF started showing up on the web, had sample loading capabilities. Guess my wish came true.
Thanks guys.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 15, 2013 @ 08:30 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Don’t know exactly if your wish came true. The MOXF is NOT a sampler. The significance of this will sink in eventually but you have “a sample” and a “key-off” sound you want to use. But this is probably not in a format that the MOXF can use. I understand it is a .wav, as I explained previously, even a dumb computer can play a .wav, but that does not make it a musical instrument, mapped to different pitches accessible in Equal Temperament, etc.

I assume you want to play thus sound across the keyboard. The MOXF is NOT a sampler, so importing a wav into the MOXF does not make a playable instrument Voice. It will simply place your sample on a Key, one key… And unless that instrument Voice was created in the MOTIF XF, which is a sampler, the sampler of the Motif XF, you can edit, and map the samples across the keys, apply a velocity range, etc. Only then can you build a musically playable “Waveform”

Until a MOXF Waveform Editor becomes available (and I do believe one is in the works), your 2 part organ sample is not going to make your dream come true… Because, again, while the MOXF can playback waveforms created for the Motif XF, the MOXF itself is NOT a sampler! And cannot build Multi-sample Waveforms of the kind necessary for musical instrument play.

And although we are not exactly sure what your organ is or how it was made, you would be hard pressed to load it as a playable instrument into the MOXF. Let me ask: can you play this in the Motif XF?

What the strongest point about the MOXF is that it can load Sample Libraries made for the MOTIF XF. It is not a sampler itself.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2013 @ 04:51 AM
hammondcuni
Joined  12-28-2003

Bad Mister before putting samples(wav.) into MOXF can I convert wav. sample to Motif format by using the Awave Studio converter program? I don’t own the XF but a couple of years back I did go to a GC with my thumb drive and loaded these wav. files and like you said the XF did map them out. I ended up not buying the XF so never did the conversion with my Awave program. This Awave Studio program does a good job on converting wav. to Korg format , maps wav. just fine. I guess what I can do now is convert what I have and head to GC and try it out on the MOXF and give you guys an update.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2013 @ 09:06 AM
mitchk000
Total Posts:  19
Joined  09-27-2013

I just purchased the MOXF8 and will need to make a transition from my ES8 sample waveforms to the Flash board.
My question is whether waveforms created in ES8 can be read directly into MOXF8.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 16, 2013 @ 07:33 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Bad Mister before putting samples(wav.) into MOXF can I convert wav. sample to Motif format by using the Awave Studio converter program?

Sorry, I do not know this software.

My question is whether waveforms created in ES8 can be read directly into MOXF8.

No there are far too many difference in the 10 years between the ES8 and the MOXF8.

Waveforms from the Motif XF-series can be directly loaded into the MOXF8.

Now once Waveform Editors and conversion programs (as asked in the previous question) this may change but - direct compatibility, right out of the box allows Waveforms, Voices, User Arps, and Performances from the Motif XF to be loaded.

And of course, all data made in the MOX6/MOX8 can be directly loaded into the MOXF6/MOXF8

we will better be able to answer if conversion program work, as developers have time to update their ‘wares. Current situation is MOX and Motif XF.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 18, 2013 @ 06:07 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005
hammondcuni - 16 October 2013 04:51 AM

Bad Mister before putting samples(wav.) into MOXF can I convert wav. sample to Motif format by using the Awave Studio converter program?

MOXF can load WAV files directly...or so says the manual, no reason to convert beforehand.

Awave Studio claims file support for Motif (classic), ES, XS and XF formats as of today.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2013 @ 06:21 PM
GospelMusicians
Total Posts:  336
Joined  08-26-2010

Hey guys,

I know in a bit late, but I just got my MOXF8 and loaded my Flash.

I did notice that the Keyoff samples don’t seem to be working when importing my XF samples. The samples imported, but for some reason the Keyoff is not sounding.

Can someone verify this.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 21, 2013 @ 09:28 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

I did notice that the Keyoff samples don’t seem to be working when importing my XF samples. The samples imported, but for some reason the Keyoff is not sounding.

Can someone verify this.

Works fine on properly prepared data!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2013 @ 04:43 AM
GospelMusicians
Joined  08-26-2010
Bad_Mister - 21 October 2013 09:28 PM

Can someone verify this.

Works fine on properly prepared data!

Well, I will try again. I have both a Motif XF8 and a MOXF8 and it works fine on the Motif XF8 and I have been selling my libraries for 2-years now and they have been properly prepared.

I’ll check again.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2013 @ 04:49 AM
GospelMusicians
Joined  08-26-2010

Interesting....I had to toggle the Release in order to get it to work.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 22, 2013 @ 05:16 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Interesting! Perhaps they are not right, I don’t have to touch the Release parameter… at all.

Try it on any of the Clavinets from the “Inspiration in A Flash"… Or known Library ... Let us know.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ moxf kit building question
Next Topic:

MOXF6/8 question ››