mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Choice stage keyboard"

Posted on: October 13, 2013 @ 01:21 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Curious about the different boards used in live performances.  My setup is mixed and changes from time to time.  Depending on the venue (club, wedding, indoor , outdoor, size) I bring different rigs.  I’m not wondering about sound systems but the boards you bring out.

My XF stays at home...regrettably ...it’s weight and cost keep in in my studio

I use a Korg M50 73, Yamaha MX61, Microkorg, Roland Juno G or Di.  The MX and Juno’s allow quick splits, layers and semitone shifts and are very light.  I do get bored with on board sounds with Roland and the korg.

What are you all using and pros cons

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 17, 2013 @ 01:01 PM
BillM
Total Posts:  20
Joined  03-26-2011

I’m using a Studiologic Numa Organ with a Neo Ventilator and an MX49. When playing out, I mostly use the MX49 as a sound module for the Studiologic (the MX49 is perfect for composing at home or packing on travels).

I had a Motif XF6 for two years, but sold it because I wasn’t using most of its features, found its user interface painful to navigate, and wanted better Hammond sound. And now my two keyboards together weigh ten pounds less than the Motif.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: October 19, 2013 @ 10:43 AM
Mr Trier
Total Posts:  14
Joined  03-02-2013

Interesting topic!

I use an S90ES with an XF6 on top. Sounds good but weighs like nothing else…

I use the S90ES as the master-keyboard and make master programs for all the songs we play.

I’m very happy with the setup except that I would like som better organ sounds. On some songs I layer organ sounds from both boards and that sounds pretty decent.

//Mr T

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: May 28, 2015 @ 03:23 PM
bsr2002
Total Posts:  693
Joined  03-30-2004

For one man gigs and outside gigs I use and abuse my Roland Fantom X....lolz!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: February 12, 2016 @ 08:43 PM
kvt
Total Posts:  78
Joined  04-30-2011

I love small and light set up!

My current set up is Kawai K1, Alessi Quadraverb (program change controlled by Kawai K1 via MIDI), Gallien Krueger Keyboard Amp and K & M Baby Spider Pro stand.

In my bigger theater shows I use Motif XF as well- Mainly to trigger Sequence and samples. Because of heavy weight I am not carrying it in every shows and keep it at my home studio.

My next plan is to replace my Kawai K1 to MOXf and hence currently I am sampling my important sounds of Kawai K1 to Motif XF. (I have 1 GB Flash Rom Board on Motif XF.) Once sampling and programming will be done on Motif XF I am going to buy Moxf to use it on stage and will simply transfer all sounds from Motif XF to MOXF and will continue using this method- programming and sampling on Motif XF at home (studio) and transferring on MOXf for stage…

Suggestions are welcome… :)

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Question about definitions and use of a Portable PA System
Next Topic:

just a piano player ››