mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "MOTIF XS RACK"

Posted on: September 10, 2013 @ 01:26 AM
Yande
Total Posts:  1
Joined  09-10-2013

Hey people really need help here. I have been trying to set up my motif xs rack and finally kinda managed. I am able to now get sound via my cubase (DAW). The thing is I can only see the midi channel responding. Usually when you use a vst instrument both your midi and audio channels respond but for the motif it is not happening though I am getting sound.

The other4 issue is that when I try to open another instrument channel for the motif xs vst on cubase I get words saying ‘port setup error’ then no sound. but when I play the first motif vst i opened I get sound.

I have attached a picture to show you hw things look when I play using the rack as a vst

Please help if you can

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 10, 2013 @ 02:29 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Hey people really need help here. I have been trying to set up my motif xs rack and finally kinda managed. I am able to now get sound via my cubase (DAW). The thing is I can only see the midi channel responding. Usually when you use a vst instrument both your midi and audio channels respond but for the motif it is not happening though I am getting sound.

In order for the VST Instrument Folder’s audio lane to indicate incoming audio you must be certain that you are sending audio from the Motif-Rack XS into Cubase.  You must return audio via the Motif-Rack XS Editor VST… That is: select the audio driver for your Audio Interface within the Editor’s VSTi SETUP page. What is your Audio Interface… You do not say?

On the Editor
Go to File > VSTi Setup > You must configure the RETURNS to represent how you are configured. You make no mention of an Audio Interface. You are aware, we assume, that in order to get audio from the Rack XS into your computer you must have an audio interface. The Rack XS sends MIDI only via USB.

Either an external audio interface or the optional FW16E FireWire expansion board.

Let us know what your using as an audio interface and we can help you route the audio return to your computer.

Where are the audio outputs of your Rack XS connected?
How is audio getting to the computer?

USB on the Rack XS is MIDI-ONLY

The other4 issue is that when I try to open another instrument channel for the motif xs vst on cubase I get words saying ‘port setup error’ then no sound. but when I play the first motif vst i opened I get sound.

The Motif-Rack XS is a multi-timbral tone engine and should be treated like a multi-timbral VSTi… You do not use INSTRUMENT Tracks, you use one MIDI Track for each PART of the sixteen you use.

If you use 12 Parts from the Rack XS you will use twelve MIDI Tracks in Cubase.
INSTRUMENT tracks are used on VSTi that are restricted to one sound at a time through a stereo output. The Rack XS VST has eight stereo outputs available (via FW) and is sixteen PART multi-timbral… Therefore you would use MIDI TRACKs not INSTRUMENT tracks.

And you only use one instance of the Motif-Rack XS for each Motif Rack XS that you own. Presumably that is one… The one instance of the editor will accommodate editing all 16 Parts.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ firewire-expansion
Next Topic:

Control Little Phatty and Roalnd Gaia From Motif? ››