mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Yamaha MOXF"

Page 2 of 2
Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 01:47 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010
abdol - 02 September 2013 09:45 AM

I didn’t mention nord as a superone at all read my posts again never said such a thing whatsoever.

You put Nord in a category of pianos that were superior to Yamahas. See:

abdol - 01 September 2013 08:10 PM

IMHO Yamaha at this time, has nothing special to offer except XF’s crappy piano 2 second loops compared to Roland, Nord, Korg etc.

Note the word in bold…

abdol - 02 September 2013 09:45 AM

I assure you that I have a ton of pleasure when I play the salamnder gradn sampled piano, 1 milion times more than playing lame MOX sound. you can’t beat 1 GB sample with 16 velocity layers for free.

Assuming the MOXF works like the MOX, you could use your computer to sample that piano (albeit at fewer velocity layers), install it onto the flash card, and basically have that sound in a low-cost lightweight self-contained gigging instrument, with your custom piano sound of up to 1 GB available at boot. That is what makes the MOXF such a value. Right now you can’t do that on any other board except a Motif XF or a Kronos, at far higher cost.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 03:23 PM
abdol
Total Posts:  318
Joined  05-30-2012

Didn’t say it’s super instrument as you quoted it. Anyway I’m not here to argue about it as I said I have no experience with Nord and it’s just what I’ve heard. I’m not going to edit my post though until I experience myself. Lopping I agree and if I ever want to buy sth decent, I’d definitely wont buy nord.

I think IMHO, if I understood the sentence correctly, it is a “Flash memory” not a “Flash Card” and as far as I can say, you can probably put your library on a USB stick ( correct me if you have a link to a resource ) and then load it into internal memory of MOXF. PSR has 64MB right now and every time you load new samples you have to turn the unit off and on. It will replace all the previously loaded samples. I think the only provider is also Yamaha.

Lets pray that Yamaha gives us an extra 1GB internal memory to load our samples then ( I doubt because the XF is supposed to be the only one).

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 04:01 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
abdol - 02 September 2013 03:23 PM

[...] I think IMHO, if I understood the sentence correctly, it is a “Flash memory” not a “Flash Card” and as far as I can say, you can probably put your library on a USB stick ( correct me if you have a link to a resource ) and then load it into internal memory of MOXF. [...]

You might want to learn about the difference between NAND flash (as used in a USB stick) and NOR flash. See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flash_memory

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 04:16 PM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

Didn’t say it’s super instrument as you quoted it.

I never said you called it a super instrument, I only referred to it as something that you thought was better than Yamaha. ("Superior" simply means “Better.” It is not the same as “Super.” So we may have just had a language problem there.)

I think IMHO, if I understood the sentence correctly, it is a “Flash memory” not a “Flash Card” and as far as I can say, you can probably put your library on a USB stick ( correct me if you have a link to a resource )

The link is in the first post. The information is pretty much in the translation provided. Language difference may be making this less clear as well. But the MOX was based on the XS, the MOXF is based on the XF. It is providing the extra wave ROM of the XF and the ability to expand the Voices using optional Flash memory. So the main differences between the XS and XF become the main differences between the XS-derived MOX and the XF-derived MOXF, as one would expect.

What you describe from the PSR is entirely different, and more like what the XS had. It used external storage to load into volatile RAM. “Optional flash memory” is not part of that scenario.

Lets pray that Yamaha gives us an extra 1GB internal memory to load our samples then ( I doubt because the XF is supposed to be the only one).

Bringing down some of the XF technology is the whole point of replacing the MOX with the MOXF. Just like the XF, though, it’s not going to come with the flash memory… as expected, they call it optional, so you’ll have to buy the card. (I’ll be pleasantly surprised if it supports more than one card, though.)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 05:11 PM
abdol
Total Posts:  318
Joined  05-30-2012

I have no internal knowledge from Yamaha nor enough education to translate this sentence from Brazilian.

I hope this is exactly what you translated and can load upto 1GB of samples into a “flash card memory” provided as an option by Yamaha not a “USB flash memory”. Will see.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 05:45 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

In case anyone didn’t notice, the MOXF info on the Brazilian Yamaha site has been removed. Even the Google cache of the page is gone.

Sorry Yamaha, but the cat’s already out of the bag.

:-)

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 03, 2013 @ 03:31 PM
zzzxtreme
Total Posts:  135
Joined  02-12-2009

Anotherscott, just ignore the hater.

why do I prefer my (probably 64mb) clavinova sound over krome’s GBs piano?

They ‘should’ be realeasing a fantastic / highly different xf’s successor , before ever selling the moxf.

Would u buy the next flagship motif if it only has bigger rom, aftertouch, few ui difference? When there’s moxf?

eagerly waiting for next flagship motif

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2013 @ 03:08 AM
Jote
Total Posts:  1549
Joined  07-29-2002

This is disappointing. The last serious update of the Yamaha flagship workstation was in 2007.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 04, 2013 @ 08:59 AM
DZ101
Total Posts:  22
Joined  11-03-2003
Jote - 04 September 2013 03:08 AM

This is disappointing. The last serious update of the Yamaha flagship workstation was in 2007.

On the other hand, if Yamaha puts all the sounds of the XF in the new MOXF it’s a strong indicator that the company is planning to release a new flagship very soon.
Otherwise Yamaha would be cannibalizing its own flagship with the new MOXF.

[ Ignore ]  

Page 2 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Member’s Avatars
Next Topic:

App 4 android ››