mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "New Yamaha MOXF"

Page 1 of 2
Posted on: September 01, 2013 @ 07:17 AM
evemusic
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-25-2010

hello friends motifator because the news had a yamaha here in Brazil

because we have Expomusic fair music .. Here’s a yamaha Brazil, gave us news of the new Yamaha MOXF, because we will post the link below

http://br.yamaha.com/pt/news_events/events/expomusic-2013-novidades/

MOXF SOON IN BRAZIL!

The Yamaha MOX is today the keyboard average selling price of Brazil. Now imagine if this line evolve for the better with the sounds of the MOTIF XF. Yamaha Musical Brazil proudly presents the new model YAMAHA MOXF in two versions, 61 and 88 keys with the best features that this category of keyboards can offer. Imagine the sounds of the MOTIF XF in 755MB of Wave ROM, 128-voice polyphony, voices expansion via flash memory (optional), AI7 CUBASE software with fully integrated and ready to sync to MOXF, plus giveaways as VST’s YC -3B (organ simulator) and Prologue (simulator Synth). The new MOXF is the best option for average and still offers friendly interface completely.

Meet Series MOXF in ExpoMusic

thanks to all

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2013 @ 08:03 AM
anotherscott
Total Posts:  653
Joined  06-30-2010

Too bad there’s no 73-76 key (unweighted) version (and of course, no aftertouch). Still, that’s a very nice upgrade for the MOX. The flash expansion really opens up tons of possibilities.

I wonder if they will ever upgrade the Rack XS to have the extra wave ROM of the XF and a flash expansion slot.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2013 @ 08:27 AM
evemusic
Total Posts:  2
Joined  04-25-2010

then release are 61 and 88 keys, let us ask?? Why the yamaha will launch a version MOXF, so next Motif XF..

this and sign that a great workstation is leaving for a new project, and was Motif by decade of existence already no more ..

now with new technologies new housing with touch screen, with new rom with sample storage and larger, perhaps with another name, no more Motif

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2013 @ 01:09 PM
abdol
Total Posts:  318
Joined  05-30-2012

It only worth if it is XF in MOX plastic casing.
I hope it’s not using an ice-age looping engine for all of the voices. but with 700MBs I don’t see it happening. Probably another lame product from Yammi.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2013 @ 05:59 PM
anotherscott
Joined  06-30-2010

MOX is/was a great board (and a big seller for them). If they keep the price where it was and add the XF wave ROM, and up the polyphony to 128, and add the ability to put in a flash card, I think it’s a very appealing upgrade. This is not supposed to be a new high end workstation, this brings new value to a low end workstation.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2013 @ 08:10 PM
abdol
Joined  05-30-2012

From Korg Krome’s website:
“Offering full-length, unlooped samples of every key for a spectacular piano sound...”

So Yamaha should at least stop being super cheap and offer full length samples that does not ring like a church bell and forget the crap loop technology.

Roland is also offering better piano sound with their super natural piano sound.

IMHO Yamaha at this time, has nothing special to offer except XF’s crappy piano 2 second loops compared to Roland, Nord, Korg etc.

The piano sound is only better than Casio.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 01, 2013 @ 08:43 PM
muziksculp
Total Posts:  688
Joined  08-13-2002

BIG YAWN !

YAMAHA… what are you doing ?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 02:07 AM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008
abdol - 01 September 2013 08:10 PM

“Offering full-length, unlooped samples of every key for a spectacular piano sound...”

So Yamaha should at least stop being super cheap and offer full length samples that does not ring like a church bell and forget the crap loop technology.

Roland is also offering better piano sound with their super natural piano sound.

IMHO Yamaha at this time, has nothing special to offer except XF’s crappy piano 2 second loops compared to Roland, Nord, Korg etc.

The piano sound is only better than Casio.

lol

+1

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 05:08 AM
anotherscott
Joined  06-30-2010
abdol - 01 September 2013 08:10 PM

IMHO Yamaha at this time, has nothing special to offer except XF’s crappy piano 2 second loops

First, if Yamaha is going to offer full-length samples, they’re going to do it in a new high end model before they put it in a new budget model.

Second, if you own an XF, you’re not limited to “XF’s crappy piano 2 second loops” because you can download other piano sounds into it. Want a loopless piano? Buy something like the Kawai sample from Gospel Musicians. There are lots of nice pianos you can add, loopless or not.

Third, since this new low end model can take the flash cards, you will even be able to put those better pianos into it. Which means these new budget MOX replacement models will be able to have some of the best piano sounds that have ever been available in its price range.

Fourth, looplessness isn’t everything. Personally, I prefer the current Yamaha stock piano sounds to the Korg Krome, and over the SuperNatural piano sound in the Roland FP-7F I played. Piano sounds really have to judged by your ears and not by spec sheets. I do think that some of the downloadable pianos for the XF are better than stock… but not everyone will agree about which sounds better than which, and sound quality does not reduce to something as simple as whether or not a piano sound is looped.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 06:41 AM
abdol
Joined  05-30-2012

How about offering MOX again anotherscott? I’m sure you’ll buy it again with the amount of support I see in you post. I don’t think you can get a better pino sound with 700-800MBs or even flash cards. I don’t think you’ll get 4GBs of samples.

Korg Krome’s piano is almost as good as MOX an better. Yamaha’s Piano sound is piece of crap at the moment even CP-1. I’ve proven this once forever.

The supernatural Piano you don’t like, has a “characteristic” which means the engine at leas does something on the loops, randomness or whatever ... it’s really easy to add randomness to a sine wave and Yamaha is such a cheap and greedy company that avoids to put a “tiny” bit better hardware in its keyboard to produce sth better.

Again saying: If you compare all the piano sounds and technology used in keyboards at the moment, you’ll get sth just better than Casio.

Firs- I don’t think so. they can still sth offer sth like Krome unless XF is so crappy that will be affected by MOXF sales!

Second- Already answered, flash cards, I’m not sure but I think it wont go beyond what you’re already given.

Third- Is it going to beat the loopless?

Fourth- I highly suggest you to go and educate yourself. It is better than looping for sure. If you say it is not then you’re biased.

Just adding this to the end: the reason I’m saying not looping is important is because it’s the first step in improvement in the sound engine. What do you expect? the same crap for 6 years? When they introduced MOX the technology was obsolete. Now they’re offering MOXF for another 3 years. It’s funny how Yamaha wants to take advantage of people’s unawareness.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 07:20 AM
meatballfulton
Total Posts:  3022
Joined  01-25-2005

Some US online dealers are advertising a price drop (about $200) on MOX so perhaps MOXF is on it’s way...cool.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 08:01 AM
anotherscott
Joined  06-30-2010
abdol - 02 September 2013 06:41 AM

Second- Already answered, flash cards, I’m not sure but I think it wont go beyond what you’re already given.

Flash cards come empty. The whole point to installing one is to add non-stock sounds.

You’re hung up on loopless. I assure you, there are loopless pianos that some people find disappointing, and looped pianos that some people think sound quite good. You mentioned Nord as a superior piano… Nord pianos are looped. Yamaha’s popular S700 sample is looped. Some people find these pianos more “musical” or more “playable” than the Krome unlooped pianos. Looping is only one of many aspects of a piano sound. Saying that every looped piano sound is necessarily entirely inferior to every unlooped one is ridiculous. But yes, if you want a loopless piano in your MOXF, you will be able to have one.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 09:36 AM
DavePolich
Total Posts:  6820
Joined  07-27-2002

Abdol is a hater. Better off to just ignore his posts.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 09:45 AM
abdol
Joined  05-30-2012

http://www.pianoworld.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/1562835/1.html

I didn’t mention nord as a superone at all read my posts again never said such a thing whatsoever.

I see and I honestly never played a Nord just few friends told me it sounds good and does not loop and it was never in my interest list, but heard it once in a concert and it was terrible (may because of a bad mixing).

You can refer to my previous post to see how much I know about acoustic characteristics of a piano.
I don’t think looping is more playable. It certainly is annoying when you play repeatedly one key or when you hold a note for long enough time.
Looping is not a factor only if you press lot of different keys or you play fast, then it’s hard to notice.

Yamaha piano sound does not have a character in it. As a digital instrument it’s worthless because there is nothing new/innovative/unique in it. Just a rompler in other words MP3 player with DSP.

I assure you that I have a ton of pleasure when I play the salamnder gradn sampled piano, 1 milion times more than playing lame MOX sound. you can’t beat 1 GB sample with 16 velocity layers for free.

If Yamaha really wants to show sth unique, they should offer something at least on par with salamander grand.

Will see how flash cards work. I don’t want to judge at the moment, but the keyboard ( excluding flash card) 755MB memory is a real deal breaker for me both soundwise and hardwarewise ATM.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 09:52 AM
abdol
Joined  05-30-2012
DavePolich - 02 September 2013 09:36 AM

I hope Yamaha pays you really well for your posts in this forum Dave. Have proven you wrong several times with ~160 posts and you still believe I’m a hater troll with 6000+ posts. Who has more free time in hand?
Keep posting…

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: September 02, 2013 @ 10:56 AM
chilly
Total Posts:  738
Joined  05-05-2008
DavePolich - 02 September 2013 09:36 AM

so if sombody doing constractive criticism of yamaha products and pointing to problems then he is a hater or an idiot and this is how yamaha works?

so with such logic nothing can be improved in yamaha products because if the current yamaha products does not feature somthing u cannot have that because other wise u are an idiot or hater…

[ Ignore ]  

Page 1 of 2

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Member’s Avatars
Next Topic:

App 4 android ››