mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Looking for a new grand piano sample"

Posted on: August 17, 2013 @ 08:35 PM
ken980
Total Posts:  52
Joined  03-16-2005

Hello everyone I was wondering if anyone has found any new grand piano samples that can be loaded on the XF? I am looking for something with a lot of body and character, color, and flexibility. So if anyone has an idea of a good grand piano sample for the XF I’m all ears. Thanks

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2013 @ 03:08 AM
wildpaws
Total Posts:  300
Joined  11-23-2004

I found some very good Steinway D samples on the net simply by doing a Google search, while they were not Motif specific they were simply good .wav files. I download them and edited/shortened them for use on my SY99 after converting them with Awave. I no longer have the link due to my old computer crashing, but they (and many others) are out there.
Clyde

DX7IIFD, SY77, SY99, Hammond C3, Steinway L, CP300, AW1600, etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2013 @ 03:52 AM
JFN
Total Posts:  24
Joined  08-04-2012

Th K-Sounds Signature Piano is my favorite.  It is a 500 MB Yamaha C7 sample and is very dynamic and expressive.  The K-Sounds Steinway is also good.  If you do a search, there are several threads on this topic.

John

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2013 @ 06:56 AM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

I haven’t tried the ones mentioned, but my favorite is the Kawai EX Pro grand piano from Gospel Musicians.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2013 @ 01:43 PM
ken980
Joined  03-16-2005

Thanks guys for your responses. I have been searching the internet for a while now trying to find a really nice grand piano sound for my motif xf that I can just load into the flash memory. The K sounds piano sound nice. I saw that someone mentioned the piano samples from gospelmusicians.com I have listened to them online and they sound really nice as well. Do they sound as good on your personal motif xf as they do online? I also see that in order to get those samples from gospelmusicians website it is download only. How does this work?  I’m still searching if anyone has any advice, downloads, or opinions I’m all ears. Thanks Oh I’m looking for a sample that will work great for jazz and gospel music etc.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 18, 2013 @ 02:22 PM
moxrox
Total Posts:  440
Joined  11-28-2011

I saw that someone mentioned the piano samples from gospelmusicians.com I have listened to them online and they sound really nice as well. Do they sound as good on your personal motif xf as they do online? I also see that in order to get those samples from gospelmusicians website it is download only. How does this work?

Yes, they sound just as good as on the web (at least to my ears).  Yes, it is download only.  After purchasing online, you receive two emails.  One is the receipt for the purchase, and the other is the download link.  I received both emails shortly after placing my order.  The link lets you download a .zip file, which has both a Motif XF .X3A file and a Motif XF .X0A file as well as installation instructions for both keyboards.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2013 @ 11:49 AM
ken980
Joined  03-16-2005

Hi guys I need some help again. I just tried to install the academic grand piano sample from Gospel Musicians and while it said it was writing to the flash memory it total reset my motif xf back to factory setting better yet a total factory restore. I followed all the instructions that came with the sample but this was the outcome. If anyone has any ideas why this might have happened I’m all ears.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2013 @ 12:18 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010

If you Load a file as Type all, rather than all without system, then your XF’s system settings will be reset to those in the All file.

Even if you select Load Type all without system, loading an All file will overwrite User Voices, Performances, Masters, and Sequences.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2013 @ 12:35 PM
cmayhle
Total Posts:  3116
Joined  10-05-2011
ken980 - 20 August 2013 11:49 AM

Hi guys I need some help again. I just tried to install the academic grand piano sample from Gospel Musicians and while it said it was writing to the flash memory it total reset my motif xf back to factory setting better yet a total factory restore. I followed all the instructions that came with the sample but this was the outcome. If anyone has any ideas why this might have happened I’m all ears.

Just to follow up on what 5pinDIN posted:  Since we’re certain that you SAVED (Backed-up) your MOTIF USER content to USB before you attempted to install the new Library (?!) you simply need to re-install the backup (With System to retrieve your settings), then re-LOAD only the portions of the new Library you really want.  This would include the Sample data and the new USER VOICES, but not the SYSTEM or the remaining USER Banks (All of the BANKS that are not going to house the new VOICES).

In other words you will selectively LOAD this Library’s components, and not just follow the blanket instructions.  Just so everone is aware, the instructions sent out with 3rd party Libraries generally assume that you don’t have any other valuable USER data or settings on you machine that you wish to retain.  Since this is generally not the case...beware of how you choose to LOAD new ALL Files!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2013 @ 12:57 PM
5pinDIN
Total Posts:  11891
Joined  09-16-2010
cmayhle - 20 August 2013 12:35 PM

[...]Just to follow up on what 5pinDIN posted:  Since we’re certain that you SAVED (Backed-up) your MOTIF USER content to USB before you attempted to install the new Library (?!) you simply need to re-install the backup (With System to retrieve your settings), then re-LOAD only the portions of the new Library you really want.  This would include the Sample data and the new USER VOICES, but not the SYSTEM or the remaining USER Banks (All of the BANKS that are not going to house the new VOICES).[...]

Since the samples have apparently already been installed to flash, FL1(or FL2) Load option NONE might be appropriate if reloading.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2013 @ 02:33 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
5pinDIN - 20 August 2013 12:57 PM

Since the samples have apparently already been installed to flash, FL1(or FL2) Load option NONE might be appropriate if reloading.

Excellent point!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2013 @ 03:37 PM
ken980
Joined  03-16-2005

Hi everyone thanks for the info. Is there another way to install a sample like this without having my xf factory restored? One thing I noticed is that even through my xf was reset to factory it install the academic grand to a user location.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 20, 2013 @ 03:48 PM
cmayhle
Joined  10-05-2011
ken980 - 20 August 2013 03:37 PM

Hi everyone thanks for the info. Is there another way to install a sample like this without having my xf factory restored? One thing I noticed is that even through my xf was reset to factory it install the academic grand to a user location.

Yes, as mentioned (In compilation) in the above posts, these 3rd party Library files are set up as ALL files.  They will LOAD the Samples and USER VOICES and/or PERFORMANCES to USER locations, but they will also overwrite all of the other USER data...including SYSTEM...if you let them, by installing the ALL File unmodified.

The solution is to install only what you desire...in this case the Samples and the VOICES you purchased...and not overwrite any of your other USER data, including the SYSTEM.

The machine is able to selectively LOAD...you don’t have to LOAD everything!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 22, 2013 @ 01:26 AM
DschoKeys
Total Posts:  109
Joined  07-08-2005

Have a look at this article: Flash Board Session! 5pinDIN already pointed you to this tutorial in your other thread about “inspiration in a flash”!

Since the waveform size of the Academic Steinway Grand is 253MB, you can´t replicate the first part (auditioning voices) of the tutorial (SDRAM is only 128MB on the Motif XF).
But in the lower part it is very well described how to selectively load single voices (with waveforms being loaded to your flash board) out of an ALL-File - without overwriting your system data and/or your user data.

All the best,

Jo

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Copy all tracks under a letter
Next Topic:

Pattern voices and Arp’s - ? ››