mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Logic Pro X and MOX8"

Posted on: August 14, 2013 @ 09:07 AM
Lrxles002
Total Posts:  22
Joined  05-20-2013

Hi Guys,

I recently got Logic Pro X and love it. But it seems i cannot use the MOX VST app or the MOX daw remote software. I know Logic X is only 64 bit. But are the MOX DAW software not 64 Bit compatible. I use the MOX8 as an external sound source to render my Midi files.

Please Help

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 14, 2013 @ 01:34 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

I recently got Logic Pro X and love it. But it seems i cannot use the MOX VST app or the MOX daw remote software. I know Logic X is only 64 bit. But are the MOX DAW software not 64 Bit compatible. I use the MOX8 as an external sound source to render my Midi files.

Only 64-bit??? That is not the issue. :-)

Logic Pro X is not VST3 compatible, that is the issue. What you want to do if you are using Logic Pro X or any non-VST3 compatible DAW, is to download the latest version of the MOX6/MOX8 Editor Standalone/VST version 1.6.0. You want to launch the Editor as STAND ALONE… run it along side Logic Pro.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2013 @ 10:15 AM
passenger57
Total Posts:  4
Joined  06-16-2013

I would love to know how to get MOX8 working with Logic X.
I don’t want to use the MOX8 as an audio interface. All I want to do is to be able to access the sounds within Logic as I would any other synth or plugin and be able to record midi and audio in Logic X
I installed all the latest OSX drivers and loaded up the MOX Editor along side. I selected Logic in the MOX8, everything seems to be setup, I just need to get everything talking to each other
How to I get Logic to connect to the editor to receive the sounds and audio? I read the manual, and everything I can find online and nothing is helping.
Help would be greatly appreciated.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2013 @ 01:57 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

I don’t want to use the MOX8 as an audio interface

Before we can answer your question, we need to know how you intend to connect the MOX to your computer for audio?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 25, 2013 @ 02:36 PM
passenger57
Joined  06-16-2013

I am connected with USB. My Mac sees the MOX8 - Logic sees it as an audio interface but I just want to select and play the sounds within Logic X. I have the RME Fireface as my audio interface.
Would FXpansion - VST-AU Adapter v2.0 work so Logic can load the Yamaha VST plugin?

My specs are
Logic X (64bit)- iMac Intel Core i7 - 32GB RAM - OS X 10.8.4 - RME Fireface 800

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2013 @ 09:53 AM
passenger57
Joined  06-16-2013

bump. My MOX8 will be collecting dust unless I can figure this out, thanks so much

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 27, 2013 @ 12:08 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

We highly recommend a dust cover when your instrument is not in use. It’s just good practice.
:-)

You still need to install the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver appropriate for your computer type and operating system. You will be using just the MIDI side of this dual purpose driver,

In the MOX8 set the MIDI IN/OUT = USB
Press [UTILITY]
Press [F6] MIDI
Press [SF4] OTHER
Set MIDI IN/OUT = USB

Select the “DAW REC” Quick Setup
You can do with front panel buttons… Find the [QUICK SETUP] button press and hold it while touching the button connected to it by dotted line [1/A]…

“Quick Setup 1 (DAW Rec) applied” will appear briefly.
This turns LOCAL CONTROL = OFF and make the critical settings to do normal MIDI track recording to your DAW.

Because you are using another device as your audio interface, make sure you connect the 1/4” main Left/Right audio outputs to that audio interface.

When you launch the “MOX6/MOX8 Editor Standalone/VST” you will need to setup so that your audio interface sends the MOX audio your DAW. Whether or not the “FXpansion - VST-AU Adapter v2.0” works with Logic, I have no way of knowing… Please let us know. The editor you are trying to run is a VST3 compatible plug-in… So check the documentation that comes with that application.

If yes, meaning you can run the Editor VST, then within the graphic user interface of the MOX Editor VST go to FILE > VSTi Setup > and select your audio driver as RETURNS for the MOX Left/Right outputs, as necessary. In other words, if your MOX is connected to inputs 1/2 of that interface make sure you select the driver for that interface, ports 1 and 2. Make sure you are returning the channels used by your MOX.

If not, meaning the Adapter does not work, you can use the Editor as a standalone application, running along side of your DAW. The Editor will simply let you control the MOX, select Voices, effects, etc. your audio signal will be handled by your audio interface.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Logic Pro X released
Next Topic:

Logic pro mainstage template s90xs or Motif xs8 ››