mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Installing VYCRO MX"

Posted on: August 09, 2013 @ 12:14 PM
Groovy
Total Posts:  4
Joined  08-08-2013

Hello, I am new to this forum.  While I looked for this topic, I did not find one, so please feel free to refer me to previous articles that deal with this question.  I just bought the MX 49.  I love the small, lightweight keyboard with all the nice Motif voices.

I want to edit the performances using the VYCRO MX on my laptop.  The instructions are a bit fuzzy.  I read somewhere that first I should install the USB drivers.  So, I downloaded the Steinberg USG drivers.  I unzipped the file, and started setup.  After some churning, I got a message that processor on the laptop is not adequate for the drivers.

That is doubtful as I have a Windows 7 with Intel i7 processor and 8GB of installed memory.  What do I need to do?

Also, are there some basic step-by-step instructions somewhere on how to set up the editor and how to have it work with the keyboard?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 09, 2013 @ 12:24 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Since there is no such thing as “Steinberg USB driver” it is not certain which driver you downloaded. Perhaps you were just abbreviating but when it comes to drivers you need the exact right one.

Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver version 1.7.3 (and either 32-bit or 64-bit depending on your computer). Dated: 3/5/2013

You must be exact. Also make sure you have the “MX49/MX61 REMOTE TOOLS” version 1.0.1

Also, are there some basic step-by-step instructions somewhere on how to set up the editor and how to have it work with the keyboard?

First step is to get that driver installed. Using the software is very straightforward - when you have the driver installed it literally sets up by itself.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2013 @ 08:14 AM
Groovy
Total Posts:  4
Joined  08-08-2013

Thanks for your comments.  Yes, I did mean the “Yamaha Steinberg USB Drivers”. 

I realized I was installing the 32 bit version on my i7 64 bit laptop.  So I went with the 64 bit version install, and that worked.

I don’t believe I installed the “MX49/MX61 REMOTE TOOLS” yet.  I will do so.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2013 @ 09:44 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

If you are going to try out Cubase be sure to also download the MX49/MX61 VOICE LIST for Cubase.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MX61 Edit and save voices?
Next Topic:

Invert ››