mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Controlling VSTi in cubase"

Posted on: August 03, 2013 @ 11:09 AM
rickdps@gmail.com
Total Posts:  3
Joined  08-03-2013

Hi, what I have been struggling with is the fact that I’m not being able to control some of my VSTi in cubase AI 6. Yes I have downloaded the “REMOTE EDITOR” and followed the instrunctions but nothing happened the way I expected.

The ones I’m trying to control is MrRay73(by steinberg) and Addictive Keys(by XLN AUDIO).

My question is, will any VSTi be able to be controlled in cubase through MX?

If the answer is yes, how do we get that in the easiest way?

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 03, 2013 @ 11:49 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

My question is, will any VSTi be able to be controlled in cubase through MX?

Yes. (If it is a VSTi yes).

You have to set Cubase up to be a Remote Control device via USB. If you installed the REMOTE TOOLS then every thing should be setup. Here’s how to check

Go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > MIDI PORT ENABLE > here the “Yamaha MX49/MX61-1” should be marked in the “IN ALL INPUT” column… Unmarked the others in that column

Move down to the REMOTE DEVICES folder… Here “Yamaha MX49/MX61-2” should be set for MIDI IN and OUT

Move down to the VST AUDIO SYSTEM… Here the MX driver should be set as your ASIO device.

On the MX press [DAW REMOTE] to enter the control mode.

Launch your VSTi in Cubase…

http://www.motifator.com/index.php/support/view/mx49_mx61_windows_computer

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2013 @ 05:36 AM
rickdps@gmail.com
Joined  08-03-2013

Firstly, thank you very much for the support, it was a very fast response.

Well I’ve checked all that you mentioned and I even can control the volume and the pan on the VSTi through the MX but this is it, I couldn’t manage to control anything else. The most important functions for me are: the switch of banks on the VSTi, I mean go through all the preset sounds, by the way, I can do that when I’m using Prologue and Halion, I didn’t have to configure anything to accomplish that on those VSTi. The other thing that is very important to me is the ability to switch the Vel. Curve on a VSTi like MrRay73, which has 3 modes: NORMAL, HARD and LINEAR.

I think that what is going on here is that I am not understanding the REMOTE EDITOR right. It’s pretty confusing. Is there any tutorial that covers that?

Another information that might be helful is the fact that not all the VSTis I have are being displayed in the REMOTE EDITOR after several scans. Maybe that has nothing to do with the matter but, anyways just some more information.

Once again thanks for the quick reply!!!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2013 @ 05:56 AM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Sorry, but we don’t know the particular VSTi’s that you mentioned. But I think you can see that it all is possible as you can do it on the Prologue and HALion synths, which obviously came setup for controlling the things you like…

You have the AI KNOB on the MX, hover the mouse over whatever parameter you need in the softsynth’s graphic interface, spin the DATA WHEEL and it will change the parameter.

When in REMOTE mode on the MX the numbered button [1]-[16] take on different roles.

Buttons 1 and 2 increment and decrement through your various VSTi
Buttons 3 through 8 are programmable ... They are programmed in Cubase as follows: Go to DEVICES > DEVICE SETUP > REMOTE DEVICES > here you can select among literally hundreds of Commands. What Cubase refers to as SF1-SF6 corresponds to buttons 3-8
Buttons 9-16 are labeled under the buttons in the grey background.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 04, 2013 @ 07:08 AM
rickdps@gmail.com
Joined  08-03-2013

Final question to be done on this matter. Is there any REMOTE EDITOR tutorial that teaches in a plain way how to configure any VSTi to be controlled on the MX?

Thanks!

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 10, 2013 @ 12:21 PM
Bad_Mister
Joined  07-30-2002

Don’t see how there could be… “Any” is problematic - each is likely to have different parameters, etc. What about making assignments is particularly confusing?

You seem to feel you have to program each VSTi - the MX comes equipped with the Cubase AI Knob, so if you are running those VSTi in Cubase, launch the graphic interface for that VSTi, hover the mouse over a parameter, knob or slider on the screen and control over it is assigned to the Data Wheel (AI Knob).

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ Semitones
Next Topic:

MX61 Inserts in Performance ››