mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Semitones"

Posted on: July 31, 2013 @ 08:11 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Other than going into Utility->. General -> transpose. Is there any other means to program controllers to shift octave in semitones ?  Filling in with a band that is doing songs I know in keys where I have to go up or down in semitones Looking for a quicker way if possible.

Thx

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 31, 2013 @ 10:36 AM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

Some one posted a reply because I got an email, but its not posted here.  I’ll paste it in:

As with most tools there is going to be more than one way. Not
sure what your specific needs are but working in a Performance or
Song/Pattern Mixing program Voice are accessed via PARTS. PART parameters
include the ability to NOTE SHIFT, by semitones, the tone generator assigned
to it. You could, for example, store the same Voice Note Shifted to
different keys.
Alternatively, you can use the Master mode to Transpose each Zone as you
require.  The difference between Transpose and Note Shift is that the former transmits
OUT via MIDI, the latter only affects the local tone engine.

Tis may have been intended for the motif, since I’m not aware of a master mode on the MX.

I wanted to see if there was a QUICKER means to do a semitone octave change for live performances.
Thanks

EDIT.  I play live with MX and a Korg M50.  The Korgs equivalent to Performances are called combis What i can do there is change octave settings in a combi (pitch parameters). , save it and I could have song specific combis with different octave settings ... Perfect.  Now I’m going to see if I can do this with the MX using vycro editor.  Create a performance with parts I’ll be using set I or more semitones up/down.  This would be what I need

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: August 01, 2013 @ 07:49 AM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

Not clear about why you don’t just use the front panel TRANSPOSE and OCTAVE Shift buttons. Too easy?
:-)

If you want to STORE a program pre-shifted, you can edit the PARTS of that Performance and then STORE that to the Performance.
Press [EDIT]
Select PART (there are two levels of editing Common and Part)
Select “PLAY MODE”
One of the PART edit parameters is “NOTE SHIFT” this is by semitones.

Note Shift affects the tone generator (does not transmit OUT via MIDI) and can be stored as apart of your Performance. If your Performance includes more than one PART, you have the ability to Note Shift each PART as you require. You can edit this on the MX itself or with the Editor.

Also any editing you do in the VycroMX Performance Editor can be stored in the MX itself.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ help for a new blind user
Next Topic:

Controlling VSTi in cubase ››