mySoftware [Updates]

Once you create a user profile on Motifator and update with the appropriate information, the updates shown here will be specific to you.

newProducts [YOK]

rssFeeds [Syndicate]

forumforum

Old Motifator threads are available in the Archive.

Viewing topic "Organizing performances"

Posted on: July 17, 2013 @ 03:02 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008

After buying the MX months ago, Im now getting away from the XF to get back to setting up performances using the Vycro download. 

In any event, I got spoiled using the category search button on the XF to view lists of choices.  I also used the Master mode and could also view a bank with the press of a button.

Sort of assigning key names or acronyms to identify where a performance is, I’m wondering if anyone out there has come with a better (or different) system.  I won’t be bringing my laptop to gigs.

Many thanks.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2013 @ 05:05 PM
Bad_Mister
Total Posts:  36620
Joined  07-30-2002

In any event, I got spoiled using the category search button on the XF to view lists of choices.  I also used the Master mode and could also view a bank with the press of a button.

Sort of assigning key names or acronyms to identify where a performance is, I’m wondering if anyone out there has come with a better (or different) system.  I won’t be bringing my laptop to gigs.

undoubtedly, the larger screen of the XF will allow you to easily view a list of sixteen or more items at a time. Designed to work with computer, you can select Voices for your Performance using either CATEGORY or BANK… Within the software.

Now we understand that you are thinking about using the MX onstage sans the computer. It would be wise therefore to organize your internal MX ahead of time so you know exactly where to go for what you need.

Since everyone’s needs on stage will be slightly different you’d need to give us some idea of what your stage requirements are in order to offer some suggestions.

Here are some rules that can help find what you need.

_ The MX is in Performance Select mode when the [SELECT] button is lit
_ Press the SELECT button to extinguish it, you are now in Category Search (Categories are written above the buttons)
_ Press the PART SELECT button you are now in a mode where the buttons are 1-16 for the sixteen Parts, as written under the buttons.

When in CATEGORY SEARCH, the lit button indicates the current category (Acoustic Piano, Keyboard, Organ, etc.) you can advance through the Category by turning the DATA WHEEL, pressing the INC button, or repeatedly pressing the lit CATEGORY button. There are shortcuts....

[SHIFT] + [CATEGORY] button moves you through the SubCategories

For example, press [SHIFT] + [SELECT] to enter Category Search
Touch STRINGS to hear the Solo strings
Press [SHIFT] + [STRINGS] to advance to Ensemble Strings
Press [SHIFT] + [STRINGS] again to advance to the Pizzacato Strings, etc.

One way to work on stage is to figure out how many sounds you need for a particular song.
Put them side-by-side in a single Performance named for that song.
Say in the first song of the evening you need Electric Piano, B3 and a synth lead.
Place your three Voices in Parts 1, 2, and 3 of the Performance.
This way when you recall this Performance you can quickly switch between these three sounds using the [PART SELECT] function to activate the sound you need when you need it.

Remember you can access your individual Voices by using Part Select.

[ Ignore ]  

Posted on: July 21, 2013 @ 05:47 PM
richie1027
Total Posts:  686
Joined  10-14-2008
Bad_Mister - 21 July 2013 05:05 PM

In any event, I got spoiled using the category search button on the XF to view lists of choices. 

Remember you can access your individual Voices by using Part Select.

Thank you for the suggestions Phil.  Prior to my post I set up the first 6 performances with names like Favorites, Org-Piano , EP-Flute, and a couple others. 

Accessing part select is what I did with one Performance named ‘favorite’.  16 banks of my most accessed voices and this makes it quick and simple to access.  For those songs requiring numerous voices, ill likely set them up initially and then consider Melas tools to organize.

[ Ignore ]  

Previous Topic:

‹‹ MX Presentations in the Pacific NW
Next Topic:

Silent Keys ››